FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Interact with Target toons not moving

Moderator: MiRai

<<

geespot

Post Mon Aug 06, 2018 8:34 am

Interact with Target toons not moving

Hi,
I have been using IsBoxer for ages (probably still a noob about its true abilities though), but I have a problem with one group of toons that I cant resolve, and was hoping for some help.

I have 7 groups of toons. With 6 of them, if I select an NPC and press the interact with target keybind (in my case I) the slave following toons will move to the target and interact perfectly. From my research, this is Isboxer enabling click to move, moving to the target, turning off click to move and then interacting with the main toons target.

However on one group of toons (melee) when I press interact with target the following toons show the message "you need to be closer to interact with that target" . Which is a pain when I am trying to kill stuff. I have another group of melee toons and it works perfectly.

So far I have...

1)Deleted the group from isboxer and rebuilt it
2)Deleted all keybind.wtf files from the wow folder and sub folders.. then did 1 again
3) Deleted the config-toonname-realm.wtf from wow folder... then did 1 again.

And still is doesn't work.

Any hints on why one group doesn't want to play nicely?

Many thanks
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Mon Aug 06, 2018 10:14 am

Re: Interact with Target toons not moving

You are almost right in the sequence that ISBoxer handles.
it is
  1. Enable Click To Move (by sending SHIFT+ALT+N to the game, which in the ISBoxer Addon is a macro for enable click to move).
  2. Send Assist Me which is FTL + Backspace (this is the same as your Assist Hotkey - default ALT+A), so all the slaves get the same target as the main
  3. Send Interact With Target key bind (which is whatever you set it to in game, which hopefully matches that under Variable Keystrokes -> Interact With Target). This should make the toons move (although you appear to be getting what seems like an out of range message).
  4. Disable Click To Move (by sending SHIFT+ALT+N) so you don't inadvertently move around while clicking stuff (some people disable this action.

Now as to your problem.
It could be that steps 1 or 2 are not working for some reason (most obvious would be check the ISBoxer Addon is enabled, your in game binds don't conflict with ISBoxer).
It could be your toon class has some limitation on IWT that has a shorter range.

It could be something quite different that I don't yet understand. It certainly reads as though the game is telling you the toon is out of range of the target they have, so the question really is. What target do the slave toons have?
<<

Kribango

Post Mon Aug 06, 2018 11:14 am

Hello,

Same problem here, It' s no longer working, toons won't move toward target. I've even tried to delete everything and start from scratch.

https://pastebin.com/5s1X4UNN
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Mon Aug 06, 2018 11:49 am

ISBoxer does not move your toons for you.

If the game is reporting a message when you perform an action then one of the pre-conditions required for that action is not in place so it is either because of something I've already listed, OR, the game has updated so no longer functions as before.

I guess it is possible you might have changed your profile, but it looks ok.
<<

geespot

Post Mon Aug 06, 2018 12:22 pm

Hi,
Many thanks for the quick reply. The good news is that I have now got it to work as advertised! The bad news is that I'm not really sure what exactly why what I did cured the problem.

As I previously said I had already deleted all the keybinds files for all toons and the config files so I was fairly sure it wasn't key binding issue, through experience this is the first place I always look

The toons with the problem were DKs, I have a fully functioning set of monks, which is why I believed it must be a problem with my wow, not necessarily a isboxer/innerspace/jamba problem.

All I did was....

Loaded the character set into wow.
In game went to the addons menu
Disabled All addons
Reloaded
Went back to the addons menu and enabled all of the addons that I had previously enabled
Reloaded

And it now works.

I can only assume that it was either an addon incorrectly enabled or disabled on the slaves, but every thing else isboxer/innerspace related that I tried in game worked before my fix. Which makes it even more confusing!

Thanks for the help, you probably subliminally inspired me to do the addon thing, so I credit you with a successful fix! :D :D :D :D
<<

Kribango

Post Mon Aug 06, 2018 1:45 pm

Thanks a lot Geespot, that worked for me as well.
<<

geespot

Post Sat Aug 11, 2018 7:24 am

After much wow reloading I have finally found the addon that is causing the problems with interact with target!

The offending addon is hekili (https://www.curseforge.com/wow/addons/hekili) - I have no idea why is causes the toons to not move to interact with target, as I am no LUA programmer.

This update is mainly to help any others who are having similar problems.

Gee

Return to World of Warcraft