FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

ESO - How to Sync Mouse Aim

Moderator: MiRai

<<

TrustedKiller

Post Mon Jun 04, 2018 12:51 am

ESO - How to Sync Mouse Aim

So, I'm not sure if this is a factor with ESO, or just how the software works in general. I also tried searching for the solution, but I wasn't exactly sure if it's been answered, or which search terms to use to find it.

Issue - When controlling the master game window, turn movements will become out of sync (Usually the slave game aims pasts (aims too far) where the master is aiming).

I had a minor work-around where I used the dxNothing window to control mouse movements and then both windows were 100% (Or at least 99%) synced up. However, the downside to using dxNothing is that it will stop sending mouse movement once the cursor reaches the edge of the screen.

Is there anything similar to how dxNothing functions that would still let me have constant mouse control? Or is there a way to send mouse movement to both the master and the slave in the SAME way that it gets sent to the slave (broadcast to both screens, instead of just to the slave)? This seems like it would be the best solution if possible.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Mon Jun 04, 2018 5:46 am

Re: ESO - How to Sync Mouse Aim

Yeah, the problem with using DxNothing for this purpose is that it wouldn't know when you're trying to mouselook, so it can't behave the same way as the game (hide the cursor and feel like mouselook)

Or is there a way to send mouse movement to both the master and the slave in the SAME way that it gets sent to the slave (broadcast to both screens, instead of just to the slave)? This seems like it would be the best solution if possible.

The answer for other games (for example Diablo 3, which relies heavily on mouse for movement) has always been to match the FPS in both windows, so that's where I would start. For Diablo 3, the Quick Setup Wizard sets both the foreground and background FPS setting to 30. You can do this using the CPU Strategy Wizard for an existing team. Or the settings are in the Performance tab per-Slot in your Character Set (select your Character Set in the top left pane, then each Slot number 1,2 in the bottom left pane, and the Performance tab in the bottom right pane.)

By default for most games, ISBoxer will set foreground to 60, and background to 30, and so input may end up getting processed at a different rate.
<<

spartakexer

Post Mon Jul 23, 2018 9:15 am

Hi I am also new to this and its frustrating to setup the group without getting desync each time i use mouse lol

So what is then the actual workaround or trick for fiximg this can someone sum this up?
Thanks
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Mon Jul 23, 2018 9:29 am

spartakexer wrote:Hi I am also new to this and its frustrating to setup the group without getting desync each time i use mouse lol

So what is then the actual workaround or trick for fiximg this can someone sum this up?
Thanks

Games that both take place in a 3D world and require you to aim at your target are going to be very difficult to multibox—it's just the way that it is. You are going to have to keep syncing up your characters every few seconds, and there's no way around that unless you step into the world of botting/automation (which is where ISBoxer cannot help), but you can try to utilize the "Hold to Control" Mapped Keys in the "Base Hotkeys" Key Map to assist with keeping them in sync.
<<

spartakexer

Post Mon Jul 23, 2018 12:22 pm

Great but how should I do it? I have zero clue about the functions and what should I do with the control keys and how would that use me with keeping them in sync?

Once I am there what should I do with the settings?

by the way what is DxNothing this guy mentioned from before?
<<

spartakexer

Post Tue Jul 24, 2018 8:16 am

Can you please show me help me?
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Tue Jul 24, 2018 10:15 am

DxNothing is just a blank window that can contain Video FX Viewers -- views from your other windows. It does not relate to this issue and will not help.

There is no way to just "sync" your aim in all ESO windows because the game does not provide a way to do so, just like there is no auto-follow in ESO.

"Hold to Control" just means you can hold a Hotkey, and while that Hotkey is held, your mouse and keyboard control a specific window. So, you set a Hold to Control Hotkey for each window, e.g. "F1" to control window 1, "F2" to control window 2 and so on. Then if you're playing from window 1, and you need to re-aim window 2, you hold F2 and move the mouse while looking at that window. When you let go, you're controlling window 1 again.

If you want a demonstration of Hold to Control, it is used extensively for Diablo 3. You can watch our Diablo 3 videos to see how they can be configured and used.

MiRai's D3 video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YcMi-2RjNYQ. at 3:20 in the video we see him on the last page of the Quick Setup Wizard, configuring Hold to Control Hotkeys. They are configurable after the wizard in the "ISB42 - Base Hotkeys" Key Map. At 10:45 in this video, MiRai explains and demonstrates the use of the Hold to Control Hotkeys.

We do not have an ESO-specific video demonstrating it, but the concept and usage is 100% the same as it is with Diablo 3. Even though D3 is a different style of game, this is still the best demonstration.
<<

spartakexer

Post Thu Jul 26, 2018 3:50 am

So basically eso doesnt even support multiboxing at all this thing you explained means i have to switch to each window manually like an idiot... thanks anyways

Return to Other