FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Keybings not working

Moderator: MiRai

<<

furydeath

Post Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:28 pm

Keybings not working

Just got ISboxer and used the setup wizard. At first, the add-on for my main account wasn't working so I disable everything but it and it seem's to work so now I need to see what other add-on is making it NOT work. But that didn't fix the problem of anything else working. Following the youtube video to set it up the only thing that seems to work is 1 to = base keys. ANything else like turning on repeater shift+alt+R or inviting the other alt shift+alt+I does not work.
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:49 pm

Re: Keybings not working

<<

furydeath

Post Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:03 pm

<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:28 pm

There isn't anything in your profile (that I can see) that would cause the abnormal behavior you describe. So...

1) What keyboard are you using? Some keyboards don't properly handle the output when multiple keys are being pressed.
2) Is the keyboard set to a layout other than enUS or enGB? If so, do you have an AltGR key on your keyboard?
3) What other programs are running in the background? Have you shut them down? For instance, I know for a fact that Adobe Photoshop interferes with Hotkeys that ISBoxer uses. Perhaps a compatibility diagnostic (on a game client launched as part of your Character Set) is necessary to see what else is running.
<<

furydeath

Post Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:18 pm

it's a Blackwidow Ultimate stealth 2014 it's set up for the USA and as far as I know nothing else is running that shouldn't be
<<

furydeath

Post Sat Jul 14, 2018 6:49 am

so I might have been using ctrl and not alt :mrgreen: so it seems to work ...for the most part. I am having a few other problems tho .

One is when inviting account 2 isboxer doesn't seem to include the server name I keep getting player [name] not found.

And I haven't looked yet but is there a video on making custom key binds? I'm wanting to have Q be my mount/flight form button but all I've been able to do so far is make it not work
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Sat Jul 14, 2018 7:25 am

It does include the server name where it recognises that the characters in the team are on different servers. You can see this in the macro preview (basically what gets output for the ISBoxer Addon).
In this particular case, if you press SHIFT+ALT+I with Roflbear-Arathor as the active toon, then they will do an "/invite Rofltwo-Stormrage".

Custom keybinds should be as easy as using the Mapped Key Wizard, but there is also a video or two.
This one is more current. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5p68g9A46Rw
This one is older, but covers mapped key setup which hasn't changed a whole lot. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8lzHM_SmFvk
<<

furydeath

Post Sat Jul 14, 2018 6:54 pm

That's who I have active when I do the invite but all i get is No player named Roflbear. found
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Sat Jul 14, 2018 7:10 pm

If you have Roflbear as the active toon, and when you invite, it then says the toon you are active on (Roflbear) is not found, then it is because you have the wrong toon in the wrong slot, which ISBoxer would report be reporting you logged in (a message along the lines of "Rofltwo logged in, expected Roflbear").

In other words, when starting up the games, you need to be making sure that the first game that comes up, you log in the account for Roflbear, and for the second game that comes up you need to log in Rofltwo.

ISBoxer will normally be able to provide the correct account names when you log in, however as you have them around the wrong way currently, then you'll need to correct it first, and the next time it should have the correct values.
<<

furydeath

Post Sun Jul 15, 2018 7:46 pm

I redid the setup wizard got it to invite the alt (but not auto take it so still have to switch to get into the group) but then none of the other keybinds worked like alt-f for following or even the battle keys for 1-= -.- This just seems like it's gonna take forever to get set up....but at least it had working mouse curser matched up for loot.

Return to General