FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

WinEQ2 thread

Moderator: MiRai

<<

microbat

Post Mon May 14, 2018 1:37 pm

WinEQ2 thread

Hi all I made a thread about some issues with WinEQ2 and now it is gone?
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Mon May 14, 2018 2:16 pm

Re: WinEQ2 thread

I would have thought the big logo in the top left would have been a good indicator that you're issue is probably not going to have much of an answer in this particular forum.

I realise there is no WinEQ forum, and the lavishsoft.com forums have been shut down, but I would liken your problem to jumping on the Microsoft Office forums to ask a question about Microsoft Dynamics.

All that said, all of the WinEQ2 functions are available in ISBoxer, so it would be normal to suggest to use that, and if you really need the FPS limiting in EQPN, then to use that in the specific way proscribed here.
<<

microbat

Post Mon May 14, 2018 2:34 pm

I had ISBoxer for a few months but I stopped the sub while I am only playing on rare occasions, so I hoped to just use WinEQ2 in the meantime. I use it mostly because it names the windows and lets you switch to them instantly. The FPS was a bonus, and I think it might manage the CPU usage better too. It was working great for EQ Live but on an emulator server it struggles. There are other threads about winEQ2 on this forum, is it trying to get phased out or something?
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Mon May 14, 2018 3:07 pm

There are other threads about WinEQ2 because those posters had the same problem as yourself. Couldn't find the right place, so asked somewhere related in the hope it would be dealt with.

BUT, those guys weren't also asking about EMU servers, which goes against the forum rules (or if they were, they weren't got to by the old delete button).
You say it works one Live, but Emu is failing. The products are tested on Live only. The only exception to this will be if the publisher supports emu servers (Daybreak do support Project99), or the game can be classed as abandonware. End result, if it works on Live, but it doesn't work on an emu, and comes under one of the exceptions. Too bad, it doesn't belong on this forum according to it's rules.

Whether WinEQ2 is being phased out. Going to say, not at this time. It has it's place and a few loyal subscribers, so as long as the burden of maintenance is not high, then I can't see it going anywhere.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
My responses are opinion, and may be contradicted by the guy who actually does the hard work.

Return to General discussion