FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Multiple Repeater Regions on one computer to 4 other clients

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Tamborine

Post Tue May 01, 2018 5:48 pm

Multiple Repeater Regions on one computer to 4 other clients

Good afternoon, I am running 5 accounts on 1 computer in Everquest. I am very new to all of this and trying to learn and adjust as I go. I was hoping to be able to run multiple repeater regions on my main character (tank) that would translate to the other slots. Slot 1 is my tank and main screen ( I have main screen on top, with the other 4 characters underneath with swapping available). Slot 2 is DPS, slot 3 is DPS 2, slot 4 is Healer, and slot 5 is Healer 2. I have set up a repeater region on my main screen (slot 1) that shows up in the other 4 screens, scales correctly, and clicks the keys on all four other characters with no problem.
I would like to have a second repeater region go from the main char (slot 1) to only go to DPS 1 (slot 2) and third repeater region that only goes to DPS 2 (slot 3), a fourth repeater region that only goes to healer 1 (slot 4), and fifth repeater region that goes only to healer 2 (slot 5).
I currently have four hot bars with 12 buttons each set up in an alternating pattern corresponding to my characters. I would like to have it so that from my main character, I can manually click the burns for dps 1, dps 2, and main screen (which is a lot). I have attempted social keys, but they are sometimes not completely successful. My attempted set up is something like this.

Hot Bar 1 (main repeater region to all characters) Hot Bar 3 (Attempting to use for DPS 2 repeater region 3)
Hot Bar 2 (attempting to use for DPS 1repeater region 2) Hot Bar 4 ( (First 6 buttons for healer 1 repeater region 4)(second 6 buttons for healer 2 repeater region 5))

When I attempt to add the additional repeater regions, my first repeater region still works fine, however, the other regions show a displaced mouse and not clicking the hotbuttons where intended on the other characters screens. To be clear, the primary repeater regions works fine on ALL the characters even after the second repeater region is attempted.

Am I attempting something that is not possible? Thank you for any assistance.
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Tue May 01, 2018 6:37 pm

Re: Multiple Repeater Regions on one computer to 4 other clients

Repeater regions are a bit quirky. You will need to double check the sizes as the source/destination will scale. Offsets are not a normal part of the process and usually indicate some kind of scaling issue.

You may also want to look at videofx where you can "pull" the hotbars from the other toons to the main, so you get the visual feedback too.

If Video FX seems like a plan, You will probably want to start with a Video FX window layout first.
<<

Tamborine

Post Tue May 01, 2018 9:33 pm

Re: Multiple Repeater Regions on one computer to 4 other clients

Thank you for the suggestion, I will look into this.

Return to Repeater