FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Cursor doesn't work correctly while broadcasting

Moderator: MiRai

<<

archvile

Post Sun Apr 01, 2018 11:07 pm

Cursor doesn't work correctly while broadcasting

I'm trying to run old raids on all my characters at the same time, on separate instances.

I found some info on this thread : viewtopic.php?f=41&t=2792&start=10

I did exactly these as per lax's post:
To make a new "Broadcasting Toggler" which does not sync with the on-screen icon:
1. In the Wizards menu select "Mapped Key Wizard"
2. On the first page pick a Key Map to put it in, probably "Always On" for this type of mapping (especially if your Hotkey will not need to be disabled)
3. On the second page, pick "Broadcasting Toggler"
4. The third and final page has options for you to set for the toggler:
4a. Name the toggle, whatever you like
4b. Assign a Hotkey, this will behave similar to Shift+Alt+R...
4c. Under "broadcasting options" check "Block buttons from originating window", which will affect the available Repeater Targets ("broadcast TO these windows")
4d. Change "Broadcast TO these windows" to "Window: All w/ Current"
4e. Optionally add some popup text (similar to "Broadcasting ON" and "Broadcasting OFF")
4f. Finish the wizard
5. Export to Inner Space

Everything's working fine except when I hold down either of mouse buttons and rotate the camera. All the chars in other windows rotate normally, but current window doesn't rotate at all. In fact, if I'm moving the mouse and click and hold either left or right mouse buttons, the cursors jumps around for a frame or two in the current window. Other windows are working as expected.

Here's a link to my config export: https://pastebin.com/CfjPshn4

Any help is appreciated.
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Mon Apr 02, 2018 11:17 am

Re: Cursor doesn't work correctly while broadcasting

I'll assume you don't want to use this option then:

4c. Under "broadcasting options" check "Block buttons from originating window", which will affect the available Repeater Targets ("broadcast TO these windows")
<<

archvile

Post Mon Apr 02, 2018 3:41 pm

Everything is working the way I need them except when I rotate the camera. All the keyboard keys work as excepted, all the mouse buttons work as excepted. The only problem happens when I hold a mouse button and move the mouse, the camera simply doesn't rotate. Cursor glitches around in the current window. How would unchecking "Block buttons from originating window" option help with that very specific issue?

When I do uncheck it, it does "affect the available Repeater Targets ("broadcast TO these windows")" like it says in the comment, and I don't know what to choose in that dropdown.
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Mon Apr 02, 2018 4:04 pm

You would choose "Window: all w/o Current" because the originating window will receive it directly. This may have the effect that it moves smoother and further than the other windows.

The reason you may need to select that is how the game is reading the mouse buttons, which usually includes a cursor position as part of a button press, and that may be creating a feedback loop into the Window, as the original post did say:
To make a new "Broadcasting Toggler" which does not sync with the on-screen icon:

It also may mean that the specific setup of this item may need a special fix to be made for the game and how it is handling mouse location in this scenario.
<<

archvile

Post Mon Apr 02, 2018 4:17 pm

This may have the effect that it moves smoother and further than the other windows.

But this is the exact thing I'm trying to avoid. If the current window receives the inputs directly, that's basically the default broadcasting option isn't it? I'm trying to get the current window receive the inputs at the same time with the other windows so they're synced up as much as possible.
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Mon Apr 02, 2018 4:55 pm

Yes, I should have also added that that was the exact scenario you were probably trying to avoid. I'd figured that out.
It should also be noted that you are trying to do something which is inherently just going to have issues no matter whether the mouselook is working or not, but in order for the mouselook to work via broadcasting to the current window, it would appear an update to InnerSpace is required.
<<

archvile

Post Mon Apr 02, 2018 5:10 pm

So basically, there's a bug in Innerspace is that it?
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Mon Apr 02, 2018 6:22 pm

I would probably recommend just setting up Mapped Keys that you enable during Broadcasting Mode, which cause the clicks to occur as you desire.

Alternatively, if you really want it to receive the clicks as you describe, you should probably just control it from a different window entirely (e.g. DxNothing).

So basically, there's a bug in Innerspace is that it?

It's a limitation on how the cursor works.

When you move the mouse, the foreground window accepts "the Hardware cursor" as the actual cursor position, because you're the user and that's what you would expect it to do -- If you move the mouse and the cursor doesn't move or the game thinks the cursor is at a different position, there's an obvious problem. The background windows have a software cursor provided by Inner Space; they don't accept "the Hardware cursor" as the cursor position, they just do what they're told by broadcasting mode.

So you're wanting to treat the foreground window as both a background window (using software cursor) and a foreground window (using hardware cursor) at the same time, which is not supported. The closest you would get is controlling from a different window entirely.

Return to World of Warcraft