FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Performance issues with 64 bit client

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Devile

Post Thu Mar 29, 2018 4:25 pm

Performance issues with 64 bit client

Started to multibox again and noticed some issues remain. When D3 released it's 64 bit client, there were several patches to innerspace to address these issues but 1 issue is still there. I get massive FPS drops, randomly, in my other 3 accounts. It's so bad to the point it slows down the whole party and u see the other 3 accounts stuttering instead of moving with the rest.

When I switch to that character, I can see it's running at 10 fps or lower. Pressing ESC several times or just waiting, fixes the issue and goes back to normal framerate. Once u "fix" all the chars that have low fps, the party moves normally without dsyncs but a map change or character change can cause the problem to come back and u have to follow the same process of going into each one and wait til fps are back to normal.

This doesn't happen with the 32 bit client. I'm running the latest version of innerspace 1.15 6264, isboxer #42 and diablo3 2.6.1.

Any advice will be appreciated.
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Thu Mar 29, 2018 4:31 pm

Re: Performance issues with 64 bit client

Sounds rather unnatural, and as it doesn't happen for others, seems something specific to your setup.

There has been a recent spat of people reporting things like CPU throttling, whether by clock timings or core parking. Covered here. http://isboxer.com/wiki/HOWTO:Disable_C ... in_Windows

The other things will be to monitor your hardware, or even look through the other potential causes as covered here: http://isboxer.com/wiki/HOWTO:Tweak_your_framerate

And if in doubt and you want someone else to look, we would normally start with a Compatibility Diagnostic. http://isboxer.com/wiki/Diagnostics
<<

Devile

Post Thu Mar 29, 2018 4:43 pm

Weird since this issue happened back when I stopped multiboxing mid 2017 while I had a different computer and Windows 7. Now with this new rig and Windows 10, EXACT same problem ... again only happens with the 64 bit client. If it was something related to Windows power plans or CPU throttling it would most likely do the same on every scenario. Still, I've checked all that and it's not the case.
<<

bob

Post Thu Mar 29, 2018 5:13 pm

My counter argument is that if it was because it was the 64bit client, then it would be happening for the majority of Diablo3 multiboxers, and it just isn't.

If monitoring of the hardware, and a compatibility diagnostic doesn't show up anything obvious, and you have a new computer with a nice clean installation of everything and none of the OEM bloat, then perhaps it is related to something you didn't change? like internet router? are/were you using Wireless (as that will be a perf killer)? Do you have AMD graphics?. Are your game settings set to fullscreen (tried changing them between windowed/fullscreen), is the D3 foreground/background FPS limiter enabled/disabled?

Code:
edit C:\Users\<USERNAME>\Documents\Diablo III\D3Prefs.ini
set
LimitForegroundFPS "0"
LimitBackgroundFPS "0"
<<

Devile

Post Sat Mar 31, 2018 8:50 am

And my counter would be that your user base is extremely small since D3 multiboxing is almost extinct, specially the ones like me that 4 box. A lot of us migrated to other games or just used the 32 bit client. I remember the dual-boxing.com forums being pretty active to the point I created a decent amount of YouTube videos but that's over now.

Yes I've removed all fps limits. And no, I have a different router, not to mention this happens at work too. So I'm pretty sure it's something with innerspace since I've been using the same XML files. Too lazy to redo all videofx and screens from scratch :/
<<

bob

Post Sat Mar 31, 2018 2:49 pm

Devile wrote: So I'm pretty sure it's something with innerspace since I've been using the same XML files.

That could potentially be part of the problem.
If you have reused the same files without creating a new Window Layout specific to each computer, it is possible that the internal display references are wrong, and can cause lag.

From the How to Tweak Your Framerate page
Recent Hardware or Driver changes wrote:If you have a new computer, graphics card, monitor, have moved some cables around, have recently updated graphics drivers, or upgraded/reinstalled your OS, or copied this profile from another computer, then you may need to make a new Window Layout. The aforementioned things can cause the internal Windows display references to "shuffle" around, and it makes your old Window Layout try and present to a physical display which is no longer connected to the same internal virtual port. Windows can accommodate this, but usually at the expense of FPS.
I see from your previous posts you have come across this before, or at least the message that was put in to attempt to detect the situation. That said, even without the popup, it is worth creating a new Window Layout when using an existing profile on a new computer..

As there activity on our D3 discord channel, more recently than mid 2017, I've had a quick scan back through it, and yes, there have been reported problems (mainly launching), but only one was dropping FPS on background clients to about 10 FPS, so it sounded similar. In the end, their resolution was to run 3 clients rather than 4, and then no lag.
So, that may be another test for you. Do you still get the same behaviour when running 1 client through Inner Space? What about 2?
It may be useful to get your PC specs, and that compatibility diagnostic referred to earlier.

In the meantime we'll get testing on D3 x64 client and see if we can come across the same issue.
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Sat Mar 31, 2018 6:03 pm

Devile wrote:And my counter would be that your user base is extremely small since D3 multiboxing is almost extinct, specially the ones like me that 4 box. A lot of us migrated to other games or just used the 32 bit client. I remember the dual-boxing.com forums being pretty active to the point I created a decent amount of YouTube videos but that's over now.

Saying, "I don't see any multiboxers so they must not exist," is not really a counterargument. For instance, there is quite a large portion of the WoW playerbase who has never even seen a multiboxer, but WoW is, perhaps, the most multiboxed game, of all time.

Regardless, I played D3 x64 for about 90 minutes today and I saw zero performance issues. As bob said, if this was some widespread issue, then others would have reported it. Have you tried to monitor your hardware to see what it's doing?

EDIT: Game Client Details - 60/60 FPS @ 1920x1080 x4 (Custom CPU Assignment)

Return to Diablo Series Diablo 3, Diablo Immortal, Diablo II Resurrected