FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Character Set Launch "Bug"

Moderator: MiRai

<<

kayanite

Post Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:20 am

Character Set Launch "Bug"

Not sure where to post this, but came across a little bug. At least I assume it's a bug. Not a big deal, but have noticed it since I've been re-setting everything up from doing fresh installs of everything WoW.

When right clicking on a character set in the ISBoxer Toolkit and choosing "Launch", it doesn't launch that character set. It basically just "refreshes"/pushes settings to IS and continuously reloads the character set already launched.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:21 am

Re: Character Set Launch "Bug"

It does launch that Character Set though.

You can see very specifically what ISBoxer is trying to do/launch if you right click Inner Space and select Console.

So, I right click one of my teams and select Launch and the Console begins saying...
Code:
/====================================================
|
| 08:13:37 ISBoxer: Preparing to launch Character Set 'yamon'
| 08:13:37 ISBoxer: Settings imported from ISBoxerToolkit.GeneralSettings.XML
| 08:13:37 ISBoxer: Making sure Characters in Character Set 'yamon' are valid...
| 08:13:37 ISBoxer: Good!
| 08:13:37 ISBoxer: Launching Character Set 'yamon' all slots...
| 08:13:37 ISBoxer: Launching Slot 1 Character 'Healsyamon-Mal'Ganis'

Now I stop the launch process, leaving the one window open (which popped up some text saying the character listed above), and I select Launch on a different team.
Code:
/====================================================
|
| 08:14:49 ISBoxer: Preparing to launch Character Set 'fs duo'
| 08:14:49 ISBoxer: Settings imported from ISBoxerToolkit.GeneralSettings.XML
| 08:14:49 ISBoxer: Making sure Characters in Character Set 'fs duo' are valid...
| 08:14:49 ISBoxer: Good!
| 08:14:49 ISBoxer: Launching Character Set 'fs duo' all slots...
| 08:14:49 ISBoxer: Slot 1 already launched. Updating it to character 'Facesmashor-Bleeding Hollow' in Character Set 'fs duo'

So this very specifically confirmed for me that selecting Launch did in fact kick off the Launch process for the desired Team, and the already open window was reassigned to Slot 1 for the new team, and it popped up text in the game saying Reloaded with the new character name. This is all correct and expected behavior.

So you say you already have a Character Set launched, are you trying to launch a second Character Set alongside your main one? Because ISBoxer is meant to handle 1 Character Set per PC; if you launch with one already running it's assuming you're going to log those same windows into the different characters in the game or that it needs to fill in some missing windows from the team.
<<

kayanite

Post Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:14 am

I'm doing it at the character select screen. Not attempting to open an additional set, but a different one. I assume(d) it was supposed to perform the same action as right clicking the icon from the task bar and performing the same action or clicking on a created shortcut made.

All I know is EVERY TIME I've tried right clicking on a team with in ISBoxer Toolkit, from the top left menu frame, under 'Character Sets', it doesn't work. It refreshes all the windows and just re-launches the current one that is open. Granted I've only done this about a dozen or so times while adjusting stuff as I go along, but every time, regardless of what character set I have loaded or am trying to load. IE: I have 'DK3' loaded and try to load 'PR3', 'WK3', "DH3' and all I get is 'DK3 has loaded' and if I load into game, I get the 'ISBoxer expected BLAH BLAH in this slot' message.

If it's just happening to me, great. Not how I typically launch it. Just found it odd that it was doing it and thought I should report it.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:48 pm

I assume(d) it was supposed to perform the same action as right clicking the icon from the task bar and performing the same action or clicking on a created shortcut made.

Correct.

But again, in order to help diagnose what is going on for you when this occurs, I would suggest using the Console to review what it thinks is going on. Perhaps the behavior is better explained by your output.
<<

kayanite

Post Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:48 pm

Here's the output. Like I said, not a huge deal. Just came across it and figured I'd say something. Just in case it wasn't something I some how screwed up and someone else ever experienced it.
Attachments
isboxer_fail.png
isboxer_fail.png (37.68 KiB) Viewed 4806 times

Return to General