FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Unable to launch Eve from ISBoxer

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Bruce Sparx

Post Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:30 pm

ISboxer problem with launching Eve clients

Hello,

Yesterday I started running into problems loading multiple eve clients. I use the ISboxer Eve Launcher from here: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8142

When I go to start up the ISboxer Eve launcher via Inner Space it either doesn't come up at all or does not respond while trying to launch. The times that it does work I have seen Eve online as a background process instead of normal.

I would love some help getting this fixed. Here is a paste bin of my config: https://pastebin.com/NRusbDjf

Thanks

EDIT: I have followed the instructions in the sticky on what to do if your launcher does not work. I still have the same problem. No new programs were installed within the last few days and the only one that has updated is Eve online itself. Eve online does launch normally if I choose to not use ISboxer/Inner Space.
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:06 pm

Re: Unable to launch Eve from ISBoxer

The above post has been merged into this thread, as there was already an active thread about having issues launching EVE through Inner Space. I suggest reading through the first page, particularly bob's posts, to see if they help.
<<

Bruce Sparx

Post Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:53 pm

I still cannot get it to work. I've been using the suggestions posted on the first page. I do use windows defender though.

Sometimes (60%~) eve will load up via inner space + Eve online isboxer launcher. The other times it loads as a background process.
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:59 am

And what about the s̶e̶c̶o̶n̶d̶ third post on the bottom of the first page? You try that too ?
Last edited by bob on Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:03 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: can't count
<<

Bruce Sparx

Post Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:06 pm

My ISBEL will not load by itself. Only when launched from Inner space.
<<

bob

Post Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:19 pm

Ok, so you're using Inner Space build 6180 and ISBEL only loads part of the time?

Get a compatibility diagnostic.
<<

Bruce Sparx

Post Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:32 pm

Here is the compatibility diagnostics https://pastebin.com/GjjnRVqz
<<

bob

Post Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:25 pm

Ok, I'm going to quote my own posts as it appears you have not done them.

bob wrote:[list]1) disable Nvidia Share if applicable
We can probably exclude the other bits at this point.
You could add the mumble overlay to that list too. If it used to work, go you. Still would like it disabled for testing.

bob wrote:First, try the Development build of InnerSpace if you haven't already.
Right click Inner Space, select Patcher, select (it's a the red dot) the option for "Download development (test) patches"". Then right click Inner Space, select Exit. Reload Inner Space again, see if it that fixes it.

If you have tried the dev build, read on.

There are some recently arisen issues which are affecting a couple of games, and they appear to be related. Unfortunately none of our systems are having this issue at this time, so, in order to help track it down, if you could provide a Trace Diagnostics (this is in the Help -> Diagnostics menu in the toolkit) on the hung launcher process, or the game itself if it is getting that far, and upload the dmp file it generates to here (if it will accept it), or send to lax@lavishsoft.com (please reference this post so he knows why he is getting these things). Note: if it is a 64bit executable, the dump will fail, so you will need to use ProcDump, extract it to a folder and from an Admin command prompt, change to the extracted folder, and type "procdump [executablename.exe]" while the hung process is still hung.

If you also happen to be willing to test out dev patches when they become available as an attempt to rectify this issue, then that would be appreciated. It takes about 5 minutes to test, and you can easily revert back to a standard state if it does not work by unselecting the patch options.

In the meantime, you can revert to build 6180 in the archive (instructions in there too). This should allow your game to load. If it does not, please let us know as it means that your issue is probably different, and should most likely be handled in a separate thread with your own compatibility diagnostic.

Take note of reverting to a prior build of InnerSpace requires you to follow the instructions on the page to disable the Auto Update. You are not on build 6180, so we are not at the stage we'd be expecting at this point.
<<

Bruce Sparx

Post Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:55 pm

I did revert to 6180. https://puu.sh/z19ku/931f6061c2.png

I did however miss the nivida part. I will give that shot.
<<

xiisb

Post Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:37 pm

Updating to the development version and disabling the nvidia overlay fixed the exefile hangs when launching it inside innerspace with ISBEL

Thanks.
PreviousNext

Return to EVE Online