FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

LOTRO - Launch Issues

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Ballerina28

Post Sat Dec 30, 2017 12:24 pm

LOTRO - Launch Issues

Hi, I'm trying to figure out this during my trial thing. So far I'm not having too many problems.

Issue 1: Sometimes I'll type in my password and hit enter to launch. It accepts my password and then closes that first screen to launch the lotroclient. Althought lotroclient.exe IS running, it never actually appears (for example all the ads and going to character loading screen). Note: I am trying to run 6 clients. This issue usually happens at the 3rd-6th client.

Issue 2: Sometimes a member on my team will crash and I'll try and launch their slot again. The console in Innerspace shows that the client was successfully launched, however nothing happens and nothing is shown running in Windows Task Manager.

Thanks for the help in advance!
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Sat Dec 30, 2017 1:06 pm

Re: LOTRO - Launch Issues

Probbaly easiest if you grab a compatibility diagnostic so we can rule out anything that might be preventing it from playing happily.
<<

pinoiski

Post Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:53 am

I started having the same issue. Sometimes it will launch 3 then stop. Right now it just launch one slot and then stop. I am running Build 6247 of innerspace.

Heres the compatibility diagnostic: https://pastebin.com/ajsSQr45
<<

Starrygirl

Post Sun Jan 07, 2018 10:38 am

I'm having the same issue, off and on. For instance, today, the first 3 accts logged in fine. The 4th took a try or two (end task in task manager, the launcher gets stuck in background processes and never proceeds), the 5th took about 10 tries, and the 6th, I've tried at leas a hundred times, and won't load. Today, it's the launcher getting stuck, but sometimes I'll get the launcher going, press play, and the lotroclient gets stuck. I posted the diagnostic in Discord and the moderator said all looked fine except McAfee might be an issue. I disable scanning and firewall, and the problem persists.

If I load just the Lotro game without innerspace, there's no problem. Thank you.
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Sun Jan 07, 2018 11:16 am

pinoiski wrote:I started having the same issue. Sometimes it will launch 3 then stop. Right now it just launch one slot and then stop. I am running Build 6247 of innerspace.

Heres the compatibility diagnostic: https://pastebin.com/ajsSQr45

https://pastebin.com/raw/vQpz5AY9

You should start by shutting down all of the Alienware and MSI processes that are currently running. If they restart themselves afterward, then they should be uninstalled so that you can test. In addition, AnySoft DVD player is loading into the game process for some reason, and should also be shut down. If after that it still doesn't work, then continue to shut down the remainder of the unnecessary processes in the above list.

Finally, you can also try the development build (to try it out, right click Inner Space and select Patcher, tick "Download development (test) patches" and then close and restart Inner Space to let it patch up.), but we would need a new diagnostic if the game continues to fail to load after those processes have all been shut down, and the dev build has been tried.

Starrygirl wrote: posted the diagnostic in Discord

That really doesn't help us on the forum, especially since I don't see anyone named "Starrygirl" on the Discord server.
<<

Starrygirl

Post Sun Jan 07, 2018 11:46 am

LOL, I was preparing a new one: https://pastebin.com/nvDGLukD

Also, for info, several days this past week I had NO problem loading all the clients.
<<

pinoiski

Post Sun Jan 07, 2018 3:02 pm

Hi Mirai,

I followed the instructions on your reply but still having the same issues. What I noticed is that in Task Manager the "Turbine Launcher" (game launcher) will appear but does not bring up the login screen. So I tried to manually launch each slot and to some degree it worked, a couple of times I needed to "end task" the "Turbine Launcher" and relaunch the slot. I was able to actually launch all slots manually.

It might be that there were changes on the game launcher or build 6247 broke the launching sequence for LoTRO. I have been using the software for the last 2 years with no issue until build 6247 was installed.

Thanks.
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Sun Jan 07, 2018 4:28 pm

Righto, there are some recently arisen issues which are affecting a couple of games, and they appear to be related. Unfortunately none of our systems are having this issue, so, in order to help track it down, if you could provide a Trace Diagnostics (this is in the Help -> Diagnostics menu in the toolkit) on the hung TurbineLauncher.exe (or other launcher you may be using), and upload the dmp file it generates to here (if it will accept it), or send to lax@lavishsoft.com (please reference this post so he knows why he is getting these things).

If you also happen to be willing to test out dev patches when they become available as an attempt to rectify this issue, then that would be appreciated. It takes about 5 minutes to test, and you can easily revert back to a standard state if it does not work.

In the meantime, you can revert to build 6180 in the archive (instructions in there too). This should allow your game to load.
<<

Starrygirl

Post Sun Jan 07, 2018 10:11 pm

I emailed the dmp file from the stuck launcher.
I might be able to help with testing, depending on schedule.
I also reverted back to 6180, and it loaded quickly (loads have been taking 45+ seconds after hitting play for the screen to appear) and smoothly with NO glitches. This after a terrible day struggling with trying to play. Thank you so much!
<<

pinoiski

Post Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:33 am

bob wrote:Righto, there are some recently arisen issues which are affecting a couple of games, and they appear to be related. Unfortunately none of our systems are having this issue, so, in order to help track it down, if you could provide a Trace Diagnostics (this is in the Help -> Diagnostics menu in the toolkit) on the hung TurbineLauncher.exe (or other launcher you may be using), and upload the dmp file it generates to here (if it will accept it), or send to lax@lavishsoft.com (please reference this post so he knows why he is getting these things).

If you also happen to be willing to test out dev patches when they become available as an attempt to rectify this issue, then that would be appreciated. It takes about 5 minutes to test, and you can easily revert back to a standard state if it does not work.

In the meantime, you can revert to build 6180 in the archive (instructions in there too). This should allow your game to load.

Hi Bob,

Thanks. I'll be able to test as well time permitting.

Return to Lord of the Rings Online