FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

dxNothing still uses CPU after all IS windows are closed

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Kaische

Post Fri Nov 24, 2017 5:27 pm

dxNothing still uses CPU after all IS windows are closed

Hello,

i noticed today that after i multiboxed my 6-team in LOTRO that my fan run louder than normal while watching some YT:
I closed all my gameclients before normaly and i had still this ~6% CPU load.

Turns out it is the dxNothing which has 20 viewers for windows that are closed/do not exist anymore.
I tested it with a launched character-set from IS and all connected sources and it is the same CPU load.

Why is this dxNothing using so much CPU even after all the ''source'' windows are closed?

Thanks.
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Fri Nov 24, 2017 5:41 pm

Re: dxNothing still uses CPU after all IS windows are closed

DXNothing doesn't "know" the sources are closed. The source/viewers are not actually part of the DXNothing program itself. DXnothing is just providing a DirectX window. The CPU resources to run a DXNothing should be the same regardless of whether you use videofx sources/viewers to when you don't.
<<

Kaische

Post Fri Nov 24, 2017 5:54 pm

Thank you for the superfast answer Bob!

Using only a dxNothing it is at ~0-1%. Even with a launched character-set. (NOT using any viewers on dxNothing)
I get your argument but i thought that because IS ist launching all gameclients AND the dxNothing it could maybe know ... or could poll if those windows still exists and/or limit them.

Thanks.
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Fri Nov 24, 2017 6:42 pm

The easiest solution to remove the load would be to close the DXNothing if you aren't using it. Right click it on the Taskbar and select Close, or select the DXnothing and press ALT+F4. You can even setup a mapped key for it.

edit: I had some other technical stuff, which would be mostly correct, but I don't know the exact Inner Space implementation, so I removed it.

Return to Video FX