FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

[EVE] VFX and syncing issues

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Zaphod Beedlebrox

Post Fri Oct 20, 2017 6:47 pm

VFX and syncing issues

I have been having issues with getting all of my VFX windows to sync properly on the DxNothing window. When ever I load my setup some of the windows that should be viewing account 1 are showing account 4. When I open the isboxer control panel I see that on all my accounts each source window has 2 copies one with the window name and number that goes with that account and another one that is the same but with a 1 instead of the right number. ex: when I go to account 4 my fleet window has "source: fleet 4" and one that is in the exact same place and says "source: fleet 1" . This is very annoying because it means every time I load the setup I have to spend 5 mins fixing all the sync errors. I have done whole new setups multiple times and gotten the same issue, I even deleted isboxer and innerspace and re-installed them and still got the same problem.
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:05 pm

Re: VFX and syncing issues

If kinda sounds like you are creating stuff, and clicking on the Sync button on each window.

The Sync button is designed so you should create things on 1 window, and then click on it, and it will copy to all windows. If you end a vfx source or viewer with a number, the sync button will increment that number on copy. If you press the sync button on multiple windows, you will get multiple copies on every window.
<<

Zaphod Beedlebrox

Post Sat Oct 21, 2017 12:03 pm

Ok I have do a whole new setup and made all the windows on account 1 and synced them all from account 1, I haven't even opened the isboxer ui on any of my other accounts. I added all the windows to the dxnothing window, saved it, closed all my accounts launch them all again and it still has 1 window that is messed up. If I try to fix this by deleting that window on all my accounts and on the dxnothing window then making a new one on account 1 and sync that one from account one, then save and re-load it messes up all of the windows on the dxnothing window and makes duplicate copies of everything.
<<

bob

Post Sat Oct 21, 2017 2:31 pm

Without knowing the exact process you are following, or the names you are inputting then hard to understand what is going on. I've gone over a few test scenarios, and it should work.
From what I can tell, Sync will only sync the selected viewer or source. It shouldn't duplicate things that were previously created via the Sync button. It might duplicate stuff if you would end up with the same name as something else that wasn't previously created via the Sync button (because the behind the scenes elementIDs would be different). And it might also get a bit weird if you have Viewer11 on slot 1, as this might copy to slot 2 as Viewer21 and then Viewer22 on multiple presses of the Sync button. Of course these may not have sources (as I was using viewers as the example), at which point, it wont matter.

However, if you want to better understand what is being created and when, then you should either create them all manually via the GUI, or get into XML editing to fix up the oddities you seem to be having, or even using Mapped Keys and VideoFX Actions (see this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PYu54gmkgWA). This last is generally a good option as it makes it easier for you to share the config if it is not working as expected and you need someone to review what is happening.
<<

Zaphod Beedlebrox

Post Sat Oct 21, 2017 4:42 pm

I have deleted all my isboxer and innerspace stuff, re-installed all of it and made a new setup without using the sync button at all (manually adding all the windows on each account) and saved it as auto. When I close all of them and re-launch all of my accounts again it loads all of the source windows on each account but instead of having the right number at the end they all have 1 (this was without loading any VFX set.

https://imgur.com/a/HxMqC

When I load the "Auto" VFX set it adds the right source windows to each account but keeps the other ones that have a 1 at the end.

https://imgur.com/a/dSzq6
<<

bob

Post Sat Oct 21, 2017 5:49 pm

So you're effectively saying that it loads stuff you never created?

When you save the set as auto, that is the videofx set that will load when your team starts up, you don't need to load that manually. Loading the auto set again, should make no difference and not add any extra feeds.

VideoFX definitions are in C:\Program Files (x86)\InnerSpace\Scripts (or whatever your install directory is), and the files are named ISBoxer.VideoFeeds.[CHARSETNAME].[CHARNAME].xml, if you have having strange issues with videofx, and you have not deleted those files as part of your deleting of stuff, then that might explain it, but the way that you describe it does not make sense. Also the only reason these files would have any effect would be if as part of your recreation you named the characters and the character set the exact same names.
<<

Zaphod Beedlebrox

Post Sat Oct 21, 2017 6:38 pm

[quote="bob"]So you're effectively saying that it loads stuff you never created?

Yes, and for some reason when I load up my team I also have to load the "auto" VFX set to get the right source windows to come up (loading this dose not unload the windows that were already there). I also looked in the HTML files and they all looked right nothing was there that I didn't add myself and the numbers were all correct. This makes me think that the way I load isboxer and my eve clients is the problem, so ill explain how I do it.

I have my eve online game set to the eve launcher
1. I right click inner space and select my character set, which opens the eve launcher.
2. I put the accounts in the order I want them to be loaded in and click "play selected". I have the launcher set to delay each account by 15 seconds so they load in the correct order
3. When they are all loaded to the character selection screen I right click on inner space, go to character sets and click on my character set again, this moves them to the correct screen and puts them in the correct order, and opens up the dxnothing window.

Edit: I found the problem, when I launch my accounts each account gets this message: "Character activated: my character set - is1" (my 4 accounts are called is1,is2,is3,is4). Effectively what it is doing is treating each account as account 1 this is why it is putting everything from account 1 on to each account, and why loading the "auto" VFX set changes things.
<<

bob

Post Sat Oct 21, 2017 6:48 pm

{DELETED} = it was wrong.

You need to launch each of the game individually, you can't launch all your games from the 1 launcher instance, otherwise InnerSpace will think they are all the same game.

Or you need to use dynamic launch mode, which does allow you to do that.
http://isboxer.com/wiki/Dynamic_Launch_Mode

<<

Zaphod Beedlebrox

Post Sat Oct 21, 2017 7:01 pm

I am not using dynamic launch mode, enabling makes it so when I try to load my character set nothing happens.
<<

bob

Post Sat Oct 21, 2017 7:09 pm

Sorry, I edited my other post.
What you are doing is launching all the games from a single instance of the launcher. Inner Space doesn't work if you do that, unless you use Dynamic Launch mode, and if you use that, then you need to follow the process outlined on the WIKI, where you have to launch your game/launcher from the Inner Space menu, after you have selected your team first (to let ISBoxer know it's coming), and after you have loaded the game clients (and potentially the DXNothing), you need to then select your team again to indicate you have finished launching stuff.

The other more normal method is to select your team normally from Inner Space, let Inner Space load the initial launcher, load the first game instance, close/exit the launcher (minimizing wont work here), let Inner Space load the second launcher, rinse and repeat.
Next

Return to Video FX