FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Mouse Look sticking

Moderator: MiRai

<<

SloppyFloppy

Post Sat Jan 09, 2016 8:40 pm

Re: Mouse Look sticking

Ridosaw wrote:
SloppyFloppy wrote:It only bugs out on Win10 for me. I haven't tried 8 but 7 works fine.

I wonder what is different with your Windows 7 from mine? Any ideas?

Sloppyfloppy what video card are you running in your Windows 7 pc?

Ridosaw

Two 980tis on my desktop. Only one is used in windowed mode though. Try a fresh install of WIn7. Maybe try an older version of innerspace too? One of my old laptops works fine in Win7 too.
<<

Ridosaw

ISBoxer Support Team

Post Sun Jan 10, 2016 9:20 pm

hmmmmmm,

Using an older version of Innerspace sounds promising. Where do I get an older version from?

How do I prevent an older version from automatically updating to a newer one, once I have it?

Oh, and are we allowed to use older versions of Innerspace?

Ridosaw
<<

SloppyFloppy

Post Mon Jan 11, 2016 12:35 am

Google "old version innerspace" would of got you that https://www.lavishsoft.com/innerspace/archives

Just open settings and uncheck auto update. Rename your current innerspace directory then install the old one and it shouldn't update automatically.
<<

Slyvampy

Post Fri Dec 09, 2016 7:55 pm

Do we know if this is going to be addressed? Have tried both Win10 and Win7 - big problem is that the older versions crash out with a crash report (I did not want to file a report as its an old version)
<<

ANPres

Post Sun Feb 12, 2017 5:51 pm

I too have an unhealthy addiction to SWG.
I seem to remember playing LIVE and using multi, in fact, that's why I think I bought it in the first place.
(Could be wrong, soo long ago.)

Anywho, I refuse to believe there' s not a work around for this mouse issue.

Try messing in game with all the mouse inertia settings.
I've done it. I can use it, it ain't great but it does work and tons better than "alt-tab".

Good luck.
<<

Mojoguy01

Post Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:03 pm

Anyone found a solution for this?

Friend of mine uses Win10 and has no issues. I've tried everything as mentioned from the first page and still the issue persists. I've even tried going alllll the way back to 1.13 innerspace (can we get access to older versions?).

Pls fix :(
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:00 pm

The older you go on Inner Space versions the less likely ISBoxer is going to work at all, let alone the game ;)

I am still working on compatibility issues with the new loader. Until that's finished I will not have time to check on this, but I will as soon as I can.

Thanks guys
<<

Mojoguy01

Post Wed Sep 20, 2017 5:32 pm

lax wrote:The older you go on Inner Space versions the less likely ISBoxer is going to work at all, let alone the game ;)

I am still working on compatibility issues with the new loader. Until that's finished I will not have time to check on this, but I will as soon as I can.

Thanks guys

Awesome thanks Lax!

It's a sad thing but I realized that MMOs are moving further and further away from being able to be multiboxed, and only the older games are able to be such as SWG etc.

Actually, SWG is the only reason I resubbed. I don't have anything else to use it with right now :'(.
<<

ANPres

Post Wed Sep 27, 2017 8:59 pm

Just an FYI..
(Forgive my lack of correct verbiage.)

I've been running isboxer on multiple servers and there is a work around on the mouse lock issue. You simply make the "red box" in game, as small as possible around your toon's "head".
You won't have a floating cursor, but you'll be able to run around like normal.

Now, since the latest patch, (I think Core3) or patch 9? (Not sure, but just released in the last few weeks) this completely stopped being a problem.
I was able to make the "red box" big and now it runs just like normal for me.

(Except with this latest patch on isboxer which has killed my game.) :(
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Thu Sep 28, 2017 5:59 am

So, after seeing crash reports from ANPres, here is what I can tell you all about this issue.

Inner Space includes a SWG-specific workaround for mouse control, and has for many years. However, it knows to apply the workaround based on the executable filename.

If you can rename SWGEmu.exe to swgclient_r.exe -- which was the original filename! -- it may begin to operate as intended.

Otherwise I will get back to you all on the SWG issues asap. :)
PreviousNext

Return to Star Wars Galaxies