FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

dual monitors - mouse is messed up in the second game window

Moderator: MiRai

<<

xanthine

Post Sun Aug 27, 2017 1:49 pm

dual monitors - mouse is messed up in the second game window

Simply put the mouse works perfectly in game1's window but doesn't work right in game2's window even when it is swapped to monitor1 or with swapping off.

I've tried a few option but the first should have worked.
The first used all the defaults.
I used the new game wizard and set up a character set of 2 people
for the window layout I selected the dual monitor option with swapping where game1 is on monitor1 and game2 on monitor2

When I move the mouse over to monitor2 and click on game2 the windows swapped which was expected
BUT
The mouse then didn't work right.
First game thought the mouse was over some other part of the screen. So if I clicked, the click went to somewhere else on the screen
and when I held the right mouse button down for mouse look, the screen moved slowly but constantly even when the mouse was perfectly still

swapping back to the game1, everything works fine

It is just in game2 that it doesn't work

Then I tried the 2 monitor layout with swapping disabled.
The mouse was broken in game2 that way as well.

I have both game windows in DX9 mode.

My exported config should be attached to this post
Attachments
isboxer_config_export.xml
(283.43 KiB) Downloaded 768 times
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Sun Aug 27, 2017 2:08 pm

Re: dual monitors - mouse is messed up in the second game window

Are both game clients using the same display mode? They should both be set to use Windowed Fullscreen, or whatever the equivalent name is in FFXIV.
<<

xanthine

Post Sun Aug 27, 2017 2:58 pm

yes both games are .....

No, I thought they were but the second was set in full screen mode even though the first was borderless windowed.

that seems to have resolved the issue.

thank you

Hmm it was a serious PITA though to change the settings without being able to use the mouse.
Turns out you can use the num pad as a faux game controller and do things that way.
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Sun Aug 27, 2017 3:22 pm

xanthine wrote:yes both games are .....

No, I thought they were but the second was set in full screen mode even though the first was borderless windowed.

that seems to have resolved the issue.

thank you

Glad that was an easy fix, because I had no idea otherwise. :)

Just to clarify on the game client looking like it's actually in a window when it isn't. Even if a game client is set to use exclusive fullscreen mode, Inner Space will, assuming you're running a Window layout, still force it to be a window because, in order to play multiple game clients on the same computer, you can't really use exclusive fullscreen mode. With that said, different games react differently depending on their display mode, and most games require Windowed (Fullscreen)—some require a different one, but Windowed (FS) is the most compatible.

Return to Final Fantasy XIV