FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Aion 5.6 NA Caused Launch Problem

Moderator: MiRai

<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Tue Aug 22, 2017 4:53 pm

Re: Aion 5.6 NA Caused Launch Problem

Aion has been mostly working for the past few weeks. As far as I know, the only thing left to fix is, when exporting, windows that are scaled down stop rendering the game world. Other than that, if you don't export from ISBoxer while playing the game, then everything works as normal. If that isn't the case, then that is a new issue that needs to be reported.
<<

fiftytwofiftythree

Post Thu Aug 24, 2017 1:10 pm

Correct, it is working for the most part. Launching from Character Sets works almost as before but the order gets lost after launching 6 characters. Launching from Character Set Slots still is problematic as stated in my first post. I can launch 2 characters and the third will not launch.
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Thu Aug 24, 2017 2:42 pm

fiftytwofiftythree wrote:Correct, it is working for the most part. Launching from Character Sets works almost as before but the order gets lost after launching 6 characters. Launching from Character Set Slots still is problematic as stated in my first post. I can launch 2 characters and the third will not launch.

I don't know how to exactly interpret this, because you first say that the order is messed up after launching six characters, but then you say you can't launch more than two.

Are you using the latest dev version of Inner Space? I can't re-test this at the moment, and won't be able to for the next week, but just last week I was able to repeatedly launch a 6-man Character Set without any issues, which included being able to swap between characters using Hotkeys—this is after a recent fix from Lax (which wasn't announced in this thread, unfortunately). The only issue I was seeing was that, after exporting from ISBoxer with a Character Set running, the game world stops rendering on all game clients that are scaled down from 100% of their rendering resolution.
<<

fiftytwofiftythree

Post Fri Aug 25, 2017 1:00 am

I don't know how to exactly interpret this, because you first say that the order is messed up after launching six characters, but then you say you can't launch more than two

I launched from Character Sets and it worked for the most part.
I launched from Character Set Slots and it would only launched 2 slots.

Regarding updating Innerspace, I had assume it would be auto update. If this isn't so then i am so very sorry for the trouble. I will go and do manual update. Thanks again MiRai.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Fri Aug 25, 2017 7:35 am

fiftytwofiftythree wrote:Regarding updating Innerspace, I had assume it would be auto update. If this isn't so then i am so very sorry for the trouble. I will go and do manual update.

Inner Space does auto update. However, it does not switch between the LIVE and TEST patches on its own, you literally have to tick a box and restart Inner Space.

He asked if you're using the latest dev version, which is unfortunately a bad way to ask. If you're on the dev version you're likely to say "yes of course" without checking if there's a new version, and if you don't know that there is a way to switch to a dev version you're likely to say "yes I am on the latest, does it not auto update?" Sometimes it's just easier to ask what build number you're on, 6174 or 6180? You can find out by hovering your cursor over the Inner Space icon in the system tray (the icon you would right click).

If you're on 6174, then you do NOT have the test fixes relating to Aion, and the suggestion should be to try with the development build of Inner Space, because there is an existing compatibility update for Aion. My apologies for somehow missing this thread when the compatibility update was made available! Usually I post on the thread with instructions for the test fix.

Here's the missing instructions:
There is a compatibility update for Aion available in the Inner Space development build (currently build 6180). To try the development build, right click Inner Space in the system tray (notification area) and select Patcher, tick "Download development (test) patches" then close and restart Inner Space to let it patch up.
<<

fiftytwofiftythree

Post Fri Aug 25, 2017 10:17 pm

thank you so much, i'm crying with happy tears. This is exactly what i needed.
<<

fiftytwofiftythree

Post Fri Sep 15, 2017 4:15 pm

Aion Updated again. Launching from character sets only launches one character and the game window do not display the configuration as dictated by isboxer window layout. I tried to launch my second character using character set slot and it launched without conforming to the window layout configuration. I cannot swap between windows using control-alt. I'm using 1.15(Build 6200).
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Fri Sep 15, 2017 7:53 pm

fiftytwofiftythree wrote:Aion Updated again. Launching from character sets only launches one character and the game window do not display the configuration as dictated by isboxer window layout. I tried to launch my second character using character set slot and it launched without conforming to the window layout configuration. I cannot swap between windows using control-alt. I'm using 1.15(Build 6200).

See Announcements: Having trouble since an Inner Space update?

Cleary, you are having issues with dev build 6200. Try workaround #2 :)

Edit: For Aion specifically, you want the fixes that were in build 6180 rather than build 6174
Previous

Return to Aion