FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Isboxer does not work following Windows upgrade

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Kialya

Post Sun Jul 16, 2017 11:03 am

Isboxer does not work following Windows upgrade

Preface: IsBoxer user for well over a year. No issues.

This morning, Windows did an extensive upgrade - it took quite a while rebooted once even. Following this, IsBoxer will not load everquest. I have a 6 box crew I load. It does not matter if I try to launch all 6 or just launch one toon, I get the same result: A delayed black box opens where I would normally get the EQ launch box. After aprox 8 seconds, it turns into a white box that never does anything. The game does not launch.

Initially I assumed Windows reinstalled the windows Defender and it lost all my settings, so I went into Windows Defender and added exceptions for all Everquest game executables along with IsBoxer, etc. No change. Then I went and just disabled Defender all together. No change.

I am at a loss. I do not have ANY 3rd party antivirus programs installed on this computer let alone running? What else could have changed that blocks IsBoxer from running EQ? (it appears to run just fine without launching EQ)

PPS: Eq runs just fine if I launch it by itself ....
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Sun Jul 16, 2017 12:16 pm

Re: Isboxer does not work following Windows upgrade

In this case, we would need to see a diagnostic.
<<

Kialya

Post Fri Jul 28, 2017 7:51 pm

So, it WAS windows Defender. If I disable it completely, I can launch characters one at a time. (I would love to just launch the group as a whole but apparently I can no longer do this) Even launching one character at a time, even then, with windows Defender completely turned off, it will still 'hang' at times. With persistence, I can get the whole 6 box crew launched. It just takes longer.

Maybe this is something the developers can take a look at. I would be happy to log which ever events happen to occur in the back ground.
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Fri Jul 28, 2017 11:18 pm

The vast majority of ISBoxer users, as well as us who actively provide support and are forum regulars around here (including Lax himself), have used Windows Defender for years alongside ISBoxer without issue. Personally, I do not believe that Windows Defender is the sole cause of your issue, and I imagine that something else is interfering. I asked for a diagnostic (~2 weeks ago) because that will show us what other processes are running with the EverQuest process. Lax added this functionality to ISBoxer specifically so we could further assist people who were having issues with conflicting software, but if you do not wish to provide one, then it's unlikely we can move forward.
<<

Kialya

Post Wed Aug 09, 2017 3:37 pm

https://pastebin.com/fjD8ff3b

I think this is what you are looking for?
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Wed Aug 09, 2017 3:43 pm

Of note is that you have Asus Sonic Suite installed. This is known not to play nice with InnerSpace. We're not sure why because most multiboxers here uninstall it when they find they have issues with it, however I think you may just be able to disable it's overlay features, which may prevent it from hooking the game, which is shown in the second half of the diagnostic where it has these to modules loading into the game process.
Code:
60. C:\Program Files\ASUSTeKcomputer.Inc\SS2\UserInterface\SS2DevProps.dll
61. C:\Program Files\ASUSTeKcomputer.Inc\SS2\UserInterface\SS2OSD.dll
<<

Kialya

Post Wed Aug 09, 2017 3:47 pm

Man you are FAST. I will go ahead and disable it and see how it works. Thanks.
<<

Kialya

Post Wed Aug 09, 2017 4:31 pm

Still no dice. I re-enabled defender and Firewall and TRIED to uninstall ASUS Suite (without success - it cannot be removed from the generic windows program uninstall window, and I searched online, found a program that was supposed to remove it but it didn't, so I went into msconfig and disabled it on startup).

I ran the suite and unchecked it for EQ and turned off all settings anyway.

Rebooted the computer after all that and tried to log in 1 character and got stuck at the white screen of death again.
<<

Kialya

Post Wed Aug 09, 2017 4:44 pm

I don't think this is due to ASUS Sonic Suite II

Current paste. https://pastebin.com/W8DvwDDZ

Just so I am clear, I disabled everything to do with ASUS suite 2, then rebooted, then manually deleted the folder for it, then rebooted again.

I am still getting the white box where EQ should be instead of EQ itself when I try to log in my character.

PPS. My login issues cropped up well over a year after I had installed ASUS Sonic Suite II, but I did get rid of it anyway just to simplify matters. The problem began after a detailed patch of Windows 10.
<<

Jermanfu

Post Fri Aug 11, 2017 2:03 am

Over the past several days I've been having the same issue. I attempt to load up EverQuest through InnerSpace and when I do, I get a black box where the launcher should be. Below is my Diagnostics page:

https://pastebin.com/8HF5zAbB
Next

Return to EverQuest