FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Next Window / Prev Window problems

Moderator: MiRai

<<

fireymerlin

Post Sat Mar 04, 2017 8:56 am

Next Window / Prev Window problems

I have a 5 character team.
I use the "Next window" and "Prev window" hot key a lot to cycle through all 5 of my character's windows.
My windows layout is based on "Single monitor layout on \\.\DISPLAY1 (Swapping,Leave Hole,Avoid Taskbar)". I have one large window at the top and 5 smaller windows at the bottom.
I'm having two problems.
1. Sometimes the hot keys do nothing. I press them, but the same window is showing and has focus. This has been going on for over a year.
2. If I try to cylce through all the windows, at some point, the focus is not on the window shown but one of the smaller windows. All key strokes go to the smaller window. This problem started more recently.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sat Mar 04, 2017 9:54 am

Re: Next Window / Prev Window problems

1. Sometimes the hot keys do nothing. I press them, but the same window is showing and has focus. This has been going on for over a year.

Generally this will happen if there is an extra window that counts in the Next/Previous window filters. You say this has been going on for over a year, and I would be inclined to believe your current profile may be at least that old and has a ton of customization -- am I correct in that belief? The reason I ask is these Mapped Keys were updated during ISBoxer 42 and we have no indication here of whether you have the new or old settings, etc. The "Filter Target" for both Next/Previous windows is currently "@isboxer&~dxnothing", which is to say "sorted list of isboxer game instances, and NOT dxnothing".

Additionally, it may help to check Inner Space's list of sessions. Right click Inner Space and select Console. Within this Console enter the command "sessions" (no quotes). This will list the processes Inner Space is active in. If there's an extra (ghosted) WoW.exe (or numerous other things, excluding agent.exe, battle.net.exe and other expected processes) listed for example, that could be interfering.

2. If I try to cylce through all the windows, at some point, the focus is not on the window shown but one of the smaller windows. All key strokes go to the smaller window. This problem started more recently.

I don't even have a guess at the moment as to the sequence that must occur for that, but you can set the "Activate Current Window Hotkey" in your Window Layout to swap it to the Active region when it does happen.
<<

fireymerlin

Post Sat Mar 04, 2017 10:03 am

I've recreated my ISBoxer config from scratch several times over the past year. Most recently on Feb 6, 2017.
I did copy a Windows Layout from the old config that I created that basically was a 10 man layout with 11 regions that I deleted 5 of the regions so it now has regions 1 through 6, instead of 1 through 5. I did this as an easy way for me to have a bigger main window and smaller slave windows.
<<

fireymerlin

Post Sat Mar 04, 2017 2:15 pm

I completely removed WOW, Blizzard Desktop Agent, InnerSpace and ISBoxer.
I reinstalled and started with a new ISBoxer config.
So far, next/prev window is working.
I'm slowing making customizations to the ISBoxer config to see if any of my original changes were causing the problem.
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Sat Mar 04, 2017 5:54 pm

Sounds like you have mostly solved your problem. One thing that did catch my eye was you said you have copied over a window layout from a previous configuration. Thing might cause a few things to misbehave if something on your computer has changed recently, like graphics drivers, graphics cards, monitors, or even monitor cables and the ports they were plugged into. This does occur far too often, but the changes noted, and potentially a few others, can cause Windows to change it internal references to your displays, and ISBoxer references those internal references too, so window layouts can then cause amongst other things, Window switching oddness, FPS issues, launch issues, and sometimes a lack of picture.

TL;DR: New setups generally require a new Window Layout**.

**not necessarily to mean every new character set.
<<

fireymerlin

Post Wed Mar 08, 2017 8:37 am

I continue to have both problems listed in the first post.
Just to recap:
I uninstalled WOW, deleted the WOW folders, reinstalled WOW.
I uninstalled Innerspace and ISBoxer, deleted the folders, reinstalled.
I created a new ISBoxer config file.
I did not copy anything from the old config file.

I have a Logitech G910 keyboard. Key G6 thru G9 have not been customized.
In ISBoxer keymaps, G6 is set to the Prev Window and G7 is set to the Next Window.

I have a 5 player team.

I can cycle thru all the windows using G7 one time. When the first window shows as the large window, the focus is still on the 5th window. All key strokes go to the 5th window and Next Window won't work. Prev Window takes me back to the 5th window but no further.

I frequently use Next/Prev to go thru all my team to check mail or do something else. As long as I actually click in the window, the focus is correct and Next/Prev work.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Wed Mar 08, 2017 12:35 pm

I am still curious what the IS console shows. Right click Inner Space and select Console. Within this Console enter the command "sessions" (no quotes). This will list the processes Inner Space is active in. What does it show?
<<

fireymerlin

Post Sun Mar 12, 2017 9:21 am

I don't know how to paste or upload a screen shot to this forum, so here is the text from a "sessions" command in the Innerspace console:

is1 - PID 20920 - C:\Program Files (x86)\World of Warcraft\Wow-64.exe
is2 - PID 8652 - C:\Program Files (x86)\World of Warcraft\Wow-64.exe
is51 - PID 15788 - C:\ProgramData\Battle.net\Agent\Agent.5459\Agent.exe
is3 - PID 5160 - C:\Program Files (x86)\World of Warcraft\Wow-64.exe
is52 - PID 24356 - C:\ProgramData\Battle.net\Agent\Agent.5459\Agent.exe
is4 - PID 23532 - C:\Program Files (x86)\World of Warcraft\Wow-64.exe
is53 - PID 17336 - C:\ProgramData\Battle.net\Agent\Agent.5459\Agent.exe
is5 - PID 11188 - C:\Program Files (x86)\World of Warcraft\Wow-64.exe
is54 - PID 23636 - C:\ProgramData\Battle.net\Agent\Agent.5459\Agent.exe
is55 - PID 11180 - C:\ProgramData\Battle.net\Agent\Agent.5459\Agent.exe
10 sessions
<<

azakuda

Post Tue May 09, 2017 2:38 pm

Hi guys, I am just curious if the OP's problem have been resolved. In fact, I have similar problem as the OP's, and I have tried different ways for months to fix but no luck. It appears that the last lunched Window(session) is always problematic to me. I even formatted my system and reinstalled Windows 10, and did everything from the scratch, then create a new profile...as the result, same problem again. I can work around this issue just to double click the other "good" windows after swapping from the "bad" window, but it is getting me very annoyed especially running a five-man team in a high traffic area like Dalaran.
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Tue May 09, 2017 3:41 pm

azakuda wrote:Hi guys, I am just curious if the OP's problem have been resolved. In fact, I have similar problem as the OP's, and I have tried different ways for months to fix but no luck. It appears that the last lunched Window(session) is always problematic to me. I even formatted my system and reinstalled Windows 10, and did everything from the scratch, then create a new profile...as the result, same problem again. I can work around this issue just to double click the other "good" windows after swapping from the "bad" window, but it is getting me very annoyed especially running a five-man team in a high traffic area like Dalaran.

From Lax's first reply:

lax wrote:Additionally, it may help to check Inner Space's list of sessions. Right click Inner Space and select Console. Within this Console enter the command "sessions" (no quotes). This will list the processes Inner Space is active in. If there's an extra (ghosted) WoW.exe (or numerous other things, excluding agent.exe, battle.net.exe and other expected processes) listed for example, that could be interfering.
Next

Return to World of Warcraft