Innerspace port failed

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Dralanne

Post Fri Aug 05, 2016 10:51 am

Innerspace port failed

Hello,

I want to link my pc's for increased numbers.xD
i used Multiple computers guide, got everyhting setted there(all steps), but somehow my Main pc's Innerspace fails to connect to my Slave pc, in uplink console(Innerspace) it shows me that :
Connection to (Slave computers name) on port 10101 failed.

The ports do mach in both pc's and slave has uplink networking enabled for incomming connections.
Firewall has popped up when i re-launched Innerspace and i accepted it.

No idea what else could couse the problem.
Hope some1 can help me out :P
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Fri Aug 05, 2016 11:06 am

Re: Innerspace port failed

It may not be able to resolve the slave computer's name. You can enter the slave computer's IP in the "Computer" for it in ISBoxer Toolkit. This issue commonly related to whether the network according to Windows is set to Public or Private (on both PCs). If it's set to Public, PCs on the network are not "discovered", which subsequently means no name resolution; you can make it set to Private by jumping through some hoops with network settings.

If that's not it, I wouldn't completely rule out the firewall -- you can temporarily disable it on both PCs to see if it has any effect. After confirming that this is not the issue, turn it back on.
<<

Dralanne

Post Fri Aug 05, 2016 2:38 pm

Okay, so i entered the IP of slave and it pretty much fixed the connection problem. But then again, it wont launch character set for Slave PC, in Main it says that connection succeeded, but in Slave it showed this :
Remote Uplink ( my slaves IP) (name of Main PC) disconnected
Remote uplink linkup from (Main PC IP)
Authorization accepted from (Main pc name) ( User : me)

in troubleshoot i read about uplink not matching of both PC's, but not sure what to do if thats the case...xD Does it mean that the line for Unique uplink name as to be same on both PC's? becouse atm it shows each pc's individual name.
Last edited by Dralanne on Fri Aug 05, 2016 5:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Fri Aug 05, 2016 4:52 pm

Does it mean that the line for Unique uplink name as to be same on both PC's?

If it was the same on both PCs it would no longer be unique. No don't do that.

This is what the troubleshooting post says:
If it does connect, but the second PC says nothing other than (after) connection succeeded, then the Uplink name in IS Configuration does not match what it says for the Computer in ISBoxer.

So what you need to do is go back into ISBoxer Toolkit, to the Computer for the slave PC. (Where you put in the IP Address.) The "Inner Space Uplink Name (if different)" apparently does not match what the Slave Computer has entered in the Inner Space Configuration Window for the Unique uplink name. If it does not match, then when ISBoxer tries to send a message to it using the Uplink Name, it's going to get ignored -- which is why no messages show up after the connection.
<<

Dralanne

Post Fri Aug 05, 2016 5:12 pm

lax wrote:
So what you need to do is go back into ISBoxer Toolkit, to the Computer for the slave PC. (Where you put in the IP Address.) The "Inner Space Uplink Name (if different)" apparently does not match what the Slave Computer has entered in the Inner Space Configuration Window for the Unique uplink name. If it does not match, then when ISBoxer tries to send a message to it using the Uplink Name, it's going to get ignored -- which is why no messages show up after the connection.

Yep this helped, i dont know why, but i thought that has to be the name of my main PC's... THANK YOU!

Return to Multiple Computers