FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

[RoM] IsBoxer on german server, running or not ??

Moderator: MiRai

<<

MinMax

Post Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:09 am

IsBoxer on german server, running or not ??

For testing Isboxer on Runes of Magic I took a 7daysTrial of InnerSpace.

My target for the first test was :
A main character and a toon on one PC, with my new Win7 system. (German game server )

After the video guide i thought: How easy !!
I started the IsBoxer wizard, made the setup and saved it to Innerspace. No problem.

And now the trouble: If i start my profile with InnerSpace , there launches the patcher and all stops. If i press the "StartGame" button by hand, nothing happens. In the guide the boxing software starts with the login screen ??? How did he pass the patcher ??

Is there nobody who can help to solve this problem. There must exist a solution for this, because there are also addons for the Game in combination with IsBoxer available.
Or is it possible to start the IsBoxer after the chars are logged in ??

I know, i am not the only one with this problem. Another posted the same. But he didn´t get a helpful reaction.
This post is my last last-ditch attempt to activate the Boxing software with help of the community .

Thx, for every answere, ( maybe there is also sombody who has boxing-experience on the german Runes of Magic server)

MinMax
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:54 am

Re: IsBoxer on german server, running or not ??

The other guy came into the chat room actually. He did not bypass the patcher (doing so is not necessary and I don't think RoM provides an easy method of doing so)

If it doesn't work for you, start by switching to the development build of Inner Space. To do so, right click the IS icon in the system tray and select Patcher. Check the "Download development (test) patches" box, then close and restart IS. Then try launching again.

Note: This is the same response I gave you on the lavishsoft.com forums and it's not clear whether you saw my response or tried it.
<<

Digitalxero

Post Sun Mar 28, 2010 2:19 pm

The Development build of IS is required & IS is very picky about timing so if you dont click "Start Game" within about 3 seconds then IS thinks it is a failed launch and stops trying to launch any further clients
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sun Mar 28, 2010 5:40 pm

It actually waits for 3 minutes now instead of just 1, for each one to launch. If it stops launching, re-select the Character Set from the launch menu and it will continue where it left off
<<

tonto

Post Tue Feb 01, 2011 2:41 am

Hello,

I noticed a question asking about ISBoxer working in the german servers for ROM.

All EU servers are the same software with only translations for the different 19 servers.

Does ISBoxer work with EU Runes ? Yes. Does it work in the USA version ? yes

Can you get banned using ISboxer ?

While Runes is indeed published by Frogster in Germany they are not exactly the same when it comes to rules involving Multiboxing. The USA publisher does not allow Multiboxing of any type and will ban you promptly for doing so if found out.

The EU version does allow multiboxing and does not ban for this. Botting,hacking and the like will get you ban as normal. There are many on the EU servers who do Multiboxing and as said this is allowed.

As I said while frogster is the publisher the EU and USA divisions are acting separately. You will get banned if using ISboxer on the USA servers.

Hope this clears it up a bit for you, you can check out the EULA for the EU servers to reflect what I just told you or you may ask to the forum mods during the day EU time for confirmation.

Enjoy :)

Lax , if you wish to snip and post this else where to help others feel free to do so.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:35 am

Thanks, appreciate the info :)
<<

ziggysnorkel

Post Sun Feb 06, 2011 3:28 pm

On the US Servers, you can multibox. I read a forum post about it where the GM said, if a multiboxer is found to "exploit" or "bot" then they will be banned. The gm differentiated between the terms--exploit, bot, and multiboxing--to suggest that multiboxing is okay but the former two are not. I would go ahead and find the forum post for you, but right now runes of magic is not even running.

This is coming from an individual who has boxed a team of 6 from lvl 1 to nearly max lvl.

Return to Runes of Magic