FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

isboxer is not hooking up to Star Trek Online anymore

Moderator: MiRai

<<

brekushi

Post Mon Jun 13, 2016 7:30 am

isboxer is not hooking up to Star Trek Online anymore

Though i am experiencing some new weird issues.
As of 2 days agow.
Perhaps i should make a new topic on this:

See the video below.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Avw8_uS2pPc
when the game load's up at the character selection i am clicking on the screen and the game dos not respond anywhere.
And the rest of the characters that are in the characters set do not load after this one.
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Tue Jun 14, 2016 1:47 am

Re: isboxer is not hooking up to Star Trek Online anymore

brekushi wrote:when the game load's up at the character selection i am clicking on the screen and the game dos not respond anywhere.

This could be caused by having the incorrect display mode set, and you may need to look at the ini/configuration files to see if it needs to be changed. However, why do you have Direct3D9 disabled in the game configuration section? If you aren't using Inner Space with its default options, then that could also be the cause for problems.

brekushi wrote:And the rest of the characters that are in the characters set do not load after this one.

Have you tried re-launching the Character Set after the first slot loads up? If so, what happens?
<<

brekushi

Post Tue Jun 14, 2016 5:26 am

MiRai wrote:
brekushi wrote:when the game load's up at the character selection i am clicking on the screen and the game dos not respond anywhere.

This could be caused by having the incorrect display mode set, and you may need to look at the ini/configuration files to see if it needs to be changed. However, why do you have Direct3D9 disabled in the game configuration section? If you aren't using Inner Space with its default options, then that could also be the cause for problems.

The Direct3d9 is disabled because when i enable it, it will crash on the loading screen. This topic is about this problem. viewtopic.php?f=24&t=7209

The incorrect display mode set:
I think we got something here. When i try to change my character set display window layout to something different it still loads the old window layout.
Even though i did do a new configuration with the window layout wizard and changed in the character sets -> window layout with the new window layout it still loads the old window layout.
Where do i need to change it this in the configuration files??
Dont want to change something to mess it even more out. :(

Thank you so much for your assistance MiRai its been like 3 days and i am about to give up.
<<

brekushi

Post Tue Jun 14, 2016 5:58 am

Thats it its working now. I mean its hooking up to the gameclients.
Got 7 clients already up and running.

So to elaborate a little on my findings with the problem.
First of all Thank you so much MiRai without you i could not have solved this!
Like 3 months ago i bough a new monitor so i am using a tow monitor setup.
I unhooked the second monitor from my computer did a wizard quick wizard setup on my game/characters and monitor setup with 1(one) monitor setup and it worked out perfectly.
So somehow when i was doing the wizard setup whilst my second monitor connected to my computer it was messing up. Perhaps windows 10 issue or something else ... dont know and to be honest dont care at the moment.

Isboxer is showing up on all the gameclients and thats all i care for right now.
Thank you so much MiRai!
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Tue Jun 14, 2016 6:11 am

Sounds a little odd, but, if you did not run the WIndow Layout Wizard when you added your second monitor, then that may explain it all.

When graphics drivers install/update or you add a new monitor, they sometimes change the internal display device names (the //./DISPLAY1 etc that ISBoxer shows in the WIndow Layout). The internal display device names are not the same as the Display Numbers that Windows shows you in the control panel (or your graphics driver software) If your internal display names changed through no fault of your own, then ISBoxer may have been trying to use a display device name which no longer had a physical device attached. This does do weird things. It has been noted before with one of the prior Nvidia updates a couple of years back and it caused a slew of FPS issues.
<<

brekushi

Post Wed Jun 15, 2016 5:46 am

bob wrote:Sounds a little odd, but, if you did not run the WIndow Layout Wizard when you added your second monitor, then that may explain it all.

When graphics drivers install/update or you add a new monitor, they sometimes change the internal display device names (the //./DISPLAY1 etc that ISBoxer shows in the WIndow Layout). The internal display device names are not the same as the Display Numbers that Windows shows you in the control panel (or your graphics driver software) If your internal display names changed through no fault of your own, then ISBoxer may have been trying to use a display device name which no longer had a physical device attached. This does do weird things. It has been noted before with one of the prior Nvidia updates a couple of years back and it caused a slew of FPS issues.

That is it, your right on the money here. I did not konw this before ... i guess it was something that could be expected ...
Anyway. Thank you so much bob and MiRai for all your patience :)
<<

brekushi

Post Sat Jun 18, 2016 8:13 am

So i am trying to figure out why i am still not able to get 5 characters hooked at the same time.
made a video about it. i did run a quick wizard setup and i still got the old window layout.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQF531Ze4TM

For some reason i can get up to 15 char online but when i try to get 5, i get the wrong setup somehow?
Anyone know what this could be?
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sat Jun 18, 2016 9:51 am

1. Are you using the same name for your Character Set as a previous set? We are not shown in the video what already exists, but when you launch I see you have "More than 15" and "5 Characters" sets. If you name your Character Set something ELSE, does this still occur?
2. Do you have multiple Inner Space install folders? According to the video, ISBoxer Toolkit is exporting to J:\Programs\ISBoxer\InnerSpace. If that's not the same Inner Space that is actually running, you're not replacing the correct configuration when you Export. This, when combined with reusing the same name as before, would give you exactly the behavior you're confused about.

There's my guess from the provided info.
<<

brekushi

Post Sat Jun 18, 2016 11:23 am

lax wrote:1. Are you using the same name for your Character Set as a previous set? We are not shown in the video what already exists, but when you launch I see you have "More than 15" and "5 Characters" sets. If you name your Character Set something ELSE, does this still occur?
2. Do you have multiple Inner Space install folders? According to the video, ISBoxer Toolkit is exporting to J:\Programs\ISBoxer\InnerSpace. If that's not the same Inner Space that is actually running, you're not replacing the correct configuration when you Export. This, when combined with reusing the same name as before, would give you exactly the behavior you're confused about.

There's my guess from the provided info.

When you are right you are right.
I made a copy of my old InnerSpace folder when nothing was working and i was trying out older version of innerspace.
Have deleted that folder and now all of the characters are showing up as they should.

My mistake here. Thank you so much for your assistance Lax.

Return to Star Trek Online