FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Formations

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Grimnaw

Post Fri Feb 26, 2016 6:09 pm

Formations

Hi guys. I play DAoC and I just cannot seem to get the formations to work properly. I've set all the mapped keys, variable keys etc. I think it's just the movement in DAoC period or maybe I'm not check boxing a correct setting? I was wondering if you could somehow configure the distance the actual formations go. For e.x. Make the cross formation move further out without having to hit the key multiple times. Or maybe DAoC just cannot do this. Any information is appreciated tyvm ^_^. I'm sorry in advance if this is the wrong board.

http://pastebin.com/8VddxwKc This is my profile. Wasn't sure if I did this right please tell me if I did.
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Fri Feb 26, 2016 6:29 pm

Re: Formations

Formations are finicky, but they basically work by you holding down the hotkey, or clicking on the formation button and holding your mouse button down. The longer you hold down the hotkey/mouse button, the further your toons will move. Much like any in game movement. You hold down the W key and your toon move forward. If you just tap it, he don't go very far. If you hold it down for an hour, he go very far..

Some of the formations do require you to click/hit the hotkey twice. e.g. the Flying V formation and the Line formation. The Star formation is only a 1 click/hit setup.

Finally, sometimes the formations work better if you change the target of each of the actions to:
(other isboxer&((is1,is2,is3,is4,is5,is6,is7,is8,is9,is10,is11,is12,is13,is14,is15,is16,is17,is18,is19,is20)&~dxnothing))#1

I've marked in red the extra brackets you should add to each of the targets for each action in the formation. Do this for each action (don't copy and paste this one, as you need the number on the end of the target to be correct).
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sat Feb 27, 2016 1:50 pm

Re: Formations

Finally, sometimes the formations work better if you change the target of each of the actions to:
(other isboxer&((is1,is2,is3,is4,is5,is6,is7,is8,is9,is10,is11,is12,is13,is14,is15,is16,is17,is18,is19,is20)&~dxnothing))#1

That can be shortened since the implementation of the sort operator, e.g.

Code:
(@(other isboxer))&~dxnothing

@ sorts whatever is on the right of it, which was the whole purpose of specifically listing is1, is2, etc in order

Return to General