FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Can't add more remote Computer.[SOLVED]

Moderator: MiRai

<<

ya01178379

Post Wed Dec 23, 2015 9:28 am

Can't add more remote Computer.[SOLVED]

Yesterday I tried to add 1 VMware Machine With Main PC it work fine.
Today I created two more Machine and do the same method But ISboxer in my main PC can only see the first Machine.
It can't detect two new machines.

-tried to Stop & Restart Multiple Computer Helper on both mainPC and VMware.
-tried turn off the firewall.
-tried change network to public.
-tried disable and enable the network of the VMware
-tried close and reopen the InnerSpace on all PC.
-Have changed the uplink name for every VM machine.
-Enabled incoming connection on all VMmachine.
-Even I'm Stop the Multiple PC helper on the first worked VMmachine , my main PC can still see that Machine.

What do I miss?
config here http://pastebin.com/6WsyKdCt
Last edited by ya01178379 on Wed Dec 23, 2015 11:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Wed Dec 23, 2015 9:57 am

Re: Can't add more remote Computer.

This is almost 100% certainly a networking issue, not something to do with ISBoxer itself or even Inner Space. All ISBoxer Toolkit is doing, for this detection phase, with Multiple Computer Helper enabled, is a) broadcasting a message on the local broadcast "channel", and b) listening for others' broadcast; at this phase, Inner Space (running or configuration) is not related. To show up in the list, ISBoxer must be listening for (MCH must be enabled on listener PC), and receive (MCH must be enabled on other PC), this broadcast. If MCH is enabled on both machines, basically the only thing left is whether or not your network is blocking the broadcast or it is being ignored by Windows..

Make sure the network in Windows on your additional VMs is configured as Private, not public. You may also want to enable file/printer sharing as well, that is related to the same issue and the system may check that private/public setting etc for you.
<<

ya01178379

Post Wed Dec 23, 2015 10:37 am

I've changed all nerwork to Home Group.

my Vm1 ip is 192.168.1.128
my Vm2 ip is 192.168.1.129
my Vm3 ip is 192.168.1.130

It look like MCH on my Main PC can detected one of them at a time.
When I choose add new PC from remote , It's randomly show only one of them at a time.
Any more advice?
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Wed Dec 23, 2015 10:48 am

The only reason I can see that you'd get exactly all of this behavior is if your VMs all have the same Machine Name, in Windows. That needs to be different.

Otherwise, ISBoxer would be adding a separate entry for each machine. It does not remove any entries from the MCH list, only add new ones (from a different Machine Name) or update existing ones (same Machine Name)
<<

ya01178379

Post Wed Dec 23, 2015 11:22 am

lax wrote:The only reason I can see that you'd get exactly all of this behavior is if your VMs all have the same Machine Name, in Windows. That needs to be different.

Otherwise, ISBoxer would be adding a separate entry for each machine. It does not remove any entries from the MCH list, only add new ones (from a different Machine Name) or update existing ones (same Machine Name)

Thank it worked.

Return to Multiple Computers