FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Can't Get Guild Wars 2 to Work

Moderator: MiRai

<<

turtlelove

Post Mon Nov 16, 2015 4:45 pm

Can't Get Guild Wars 2 to Work

I'm new to IS, that being said I cant seem to get 2 applications running. Before i learned about IS, to get two applications running I would just use -shareArchive and Process Explorer then delete the mutant. I'm lost on how to get 2 running with IS. I see people wrote that you have to make 2 folders, but when it asks to drop the game folder into "Add Game", wouldn't it use only the one folder? I dont see that it asks twice, once for each folder. Sorry if this is a stupid question but I'm lost as to what to do.
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Mon Nov 16, 2015 4:51 pm

Re: Can't Get Guild Wars 2 to Work

ISBoxer has specific code to deal with the mutants. It also has virtual files, so your configuration per character is stored in different files. This allows for things like file locking (a problem in EQ1), and also.... mutants (the handling of mutants is just a variation on virtual files).

Anyway. Add the game, once, then use the ISBoxer Quick Setup Wizard. It will all be done for you. There is even a guide... http://isboxer.com/wiki/Quick_Start_Guide

If you are having an issue and the games are not launching then please provide a diagnostic.

You also may need to quickly get "advanced" and try setting up a specific "bitness" for your game. See this post for more info (yep, it says update etc, but ensuring consistent bitness has still fixed a few peoples issues anyway).
<<

turtlelove

Post Mon Nov 16, 2015 5:22 pm

Yeah I added the game onces, still comes up with the error message if you tried opening two applications without anything else. All i had to do was drag the guild wars 2 icon into the "Add Game" right?
<<

bob

Post Mon Nov 16, 2015 5:32 pm

It usually requires running the Quick Setup Wizard (which should open in ISBoxer on first launch, otherwise you can find it in the Wizards menu), and then performing the Login process as mentioned in part 3 of the guide.

Part 3: Log in

After you have Exported to Inner Space, your Character Set should now be available for launching. To launch your team, use one of the following 3 methods:
  1. Right click Inner Space in the system notification area and, in the ISBoxer Character Sets sub-menu, select your Character Set
  2. In the top left pane in ISBoxer, under Character Sets, right click your Character Set and select Launch
  3. To create a shortcut on your desktop to launch your team: In the top left pane in ISBoxer, under Character Sets, right click your Character Set and select Create desktop Launch shortcut

I recommend following option 1 as it can resolve some launch issues with certain games.
<<

turtlelove

Post Mon Nov 16, 2015 5:50 pm

Yeah I did all that, I clicked load set.. it loads the first instance for the first character, then it tries to load the second one but comes up with the error for trying to run it if you weren't using IS.
<<

bob

Post Mon Nov 16, 2015 6:01 pm

Several choices.

1. You aren't loading the character set, but rather selecting your game from the top of the InnerSpace right click context menu. Image
2. You need to ensure you have the correct bitness in the chain of InnerSpace, Launcher, Game.
3. There has been a game update and the mutants are no longer called "AN-Mutex-Window-Guild Wars 2"
4. You need the development build of InnerSpace (To try the development build of Inner Space, right click on Inner Space in the system tray (notification area), check "Download development (test) patches" and then close and restart Inner Space).
5. You have something else installed which is being a biatch, and you should supply a diagnostic.
6. There was a game update and some other thing is going on that Lax needs to look at
<<

turtlelove

Post Tue Nov 17, 2015 10:42 am

I don't think it's bit because I'm not using 64, and it also launches the first character fine, its just the second one that fails.

Return to Guild Wars 2