FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Looking for a few Trove players for ISBoxer 2 Alpha invites

Moderator: MiRai

<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Thu Jul 30, 2015 8:03 pm

Looking for a few Trove players for ISBoxer 2 Alpha invites

Hey guys, as you may or may not be aware there's a bit of an alpha test going on, and now I'm working on expanding the alpha group to include Trove.

I need a small handful of testers who are currently using ISBoxer for Trove. That's about the only requirement -- I just need you to be familiar with launching Trove with ISBoxer, and operating Trove with ISBoxer without major issues. You don't even need to be an ISBoxer expert, in fact it's better if you're a total noob because it is currently missing some features that power/expert users may be using.

So .. if you would like to join the ISBoxer 2 Alpha at this stage, please post a *new* screenshot of you multiboxing in Trove, in this thread. Previously posted images do not count, just log in and group up (optional, but preferred) and take a screenshot that shows your window layout (required) and characters logged in. If you want to censor character names or whatever that's fine. You can upload the screenshot to imgur.com (don't have to sign up or anything, just click upload) and link it.
<<

Wheathn

Post Thu Jul 30, 2015 9:19 pm

Re: Looking for a few Trove players for ISBoxer 2 Alpha invites

If it's to help isb\trove run smoother, I'll do anything I can do to help sure.
Pretty noobish here, just started using isb for trove earlier today, only used isb for diablo3 beforehand for a few weeks a couple months ago.

(undecided if I want to try adding 3 more as it gets pretty laggy for challenges and it's hard enough to get them all in one world already)
Atm I'm just using them to leech but I'll probably step it up and play them simultaneously as Tomb Raiser.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Thu Jul 30, 2015 11:32 pm

Thanks Wheathn, welcome to the Alpha. Check the ISBoxer 2 Alpha Download forum for the download and basic instructions, and as the instructions suggest, please leave feedback in the Beta General forum about your experience -- any problems you run into that are different from ISB1, your impression of the setup process, what scared you or made you happy, etc. :)
<<

tantro

Post Wed Aug 05, 2015 12:49 am

Will try it once i'm able to get online. I submitted a refund/order change request. I did not want to use any hours on the program until i get it resolved. So once somebody resolves the issues i'll give this a go and let you guys know how well it works :D

I run my Main account off ISBoxer because of duel screen problem, the mouse does not copy over properly. Center screen on main screen = somewhere towards the bottom right on the smaller screens.

<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Wed Aug 05, 2015 11:56 am

I run my Main account off ISBoxer because of duel screen problem, the mouse does not copy over properly. Center screen on main screen = somewhere towards the bottom right on the smaller screens.

Yes, if you are choosing in your Window Layout for one game window to actually be rendered at 1920x1080 and another to actually be rendered at half of that instead of also at 1920x1080, that is exactly what you should expect. The only way to have perfect mouse broadcasting is for the game to render at the same resolution in all of the game windows. (That is not to say you can't use smaller windows, that's not the same thing.) This means your Window Layout should either be one that uses Instant Swapping or otherwise keeps the game resolution exactly the same in all windows (both configurable during the Quick Setup Wizard or Window Layout Wizard). There is no reason whatsoever that you cannot run all of these in ISBoxer, laid out as pictured, with pixel-perfect mouse broadcasting.

Anyway, welcome to the Alpha test tantro, follow the same instructions given previously in this thread to get started. :) As an aside, ISBoxer 2's multiple monitor layouts are not currently implemented, but if you choose one of the other standard styles in ISBoxer 2 for testing it should work perfectly as far as mouse broadcasting goes.
<<

aky004

Post Sat Aug 08, 2015 3:21 pm

Howdy!
So if you are looking for a noob at multiboxing here i am! i started just today and im still trying to figure out how to get mouse sync, im planning to multiboxing 5 -8 , but im working on 2-4 right now, since im having trouble with the mouse!
Attachments
MB.png
Seriously?
MB.png (795.97 KiB) Viewed 86900 times
<<

Dennild

Post Sat Aug 08, 2015 3:30 pm

http://puu.sh/jug99/90637ede2c.jpg

i really want to get multiboxing workinf on this game :D
the faster the better :D
<<

aky004

Post Wed Aug 12, 2015 12:32 pm

news?
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Thu Aug 13, 2015 8:38 am

Here's the news: I'm working on an update to both Inner Space and ISBoxer to hopefully correct an alignment issue with another FPS-style game (Skyforge), where the game windows interpret the mouse movement differently in mouselook mode. I originally felt this may be useful for Trove as well, and thought I would delay further invites because people responding so far seem to be wanting help with the mouse more than an alpha (despite that my original post requests people who are not having major problems with the game :) ).

However, now that I have fully implemented and tested the system for Skyforge (successfully, with the desired result), and then tested it with Trove, it turned out the currently available mouse broadcasting is still the right (fastest, most precise and most accurate) method for Trove. I've confirmed this morning through my testing that Trove mouse broadcasting is most accurate when your FPS in all windows is the same, and of course your windows should be in the same resolution or it won't match up anyway even when you have the cursor visible. The Mouse Sensitivity setting in Trove must also be *identical* in all windows.

With that said... I will make some related adjustments in ISBoxer 2 and can resume invites soon. If you're looking for help with the mouse though, ISBoxer 2 isn't going to do any magic that I didn't just describe regarding your resolution, FPS and Trove's mouse sensitivity setting.
<<

Esrin

Post Mon Jan 11, 2016 11:13 am

Would be interested in testing with Trove, I've used ISBoxer with other games in the past, am currently using it with Trove.
Next

Return to Trove