FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Issues with Arrow Keys [Solved]

Moderator: MiRai

<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sat Apr 25, 2015 8:37 am

Re: Issues with Arrow Keys

Regarding the modifiers, I am still working on the issue. The Hold option does in fact work to correct the Modifiers issue (still have ZERO examples of a configured button that is not working for any of you by the way), but there is still a different issue with it after doing so. In my tests I am having ISBoxer press Alt+F12, which toggles the UI. Without the Hold option, it acts as though F12 is pressed without Alt -- this is expected behavior for this game as I have tried to explain. With the Hold option, it does act as though F12 is being pressed with Alt, the UI is toggled off.... however, it ALSO acts as if F12 is pressed without Alt, because the GUI arrangement mode thing with all the green boxes turns on as the GUI turns off. This is the bug with Modifiers, not that they do not work at all or that the Hold option does not work.

Anyway, been working on this for a few days so hopefully I'll have this corrected today. Please be aware that it will STILL require the Hold option for the game to properly determine the modifier state at all times, so pretty much this exact conversation about modifiers is still expected to take place in the future. ;)

The arrow keys issue fix will be available as soon as I knock out this modifiers thing.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sat Apr 25, 2015 10:25 am

Inner Space build 6081 fixes issues with both modifiers and the arrow keys in STO. This is now the development build of Inner Space; to try it out, right click Inner Space in the system tray (notification area) and select Patcher, tick "Download development (test) patches" and then close and restart Inner Space to let it patch up.

STO does require the Hold option to be enabled on your Mapped Key that sends Modifiers (Shift, Alt, Ctrl), for the game to correctly determine whether the Modifier is down or not at the time it processes your button. If you continue to have problems with modifiers after updating to Inner Space build 6081 or later (tested to be working as intended), make sure you have the Hold option enabled, then share your configuration (http://isboxer.com/wiki/Configuration_Sharing) so we can help you with the configuration problem.
<<

namesdan

Post Sat Apr 25, 2015 6:20 pm

Just tested it, working great.

Thanks Lax!
<<

Ridosaw

ISBoxer Support Team

Post Sat Apr 25, 2015 6:25 pm

Re: Issues with Arrow Keys [Solved]

Modifiers are working perfectly on my end.

Thanks Lax

I still get a hex code in sto's keybind menu when using special keys like the Arrow keys and insert, home, end and so on. I am using a Razer Black Widow Mechanical Keyboard with the Razer Synapse Cloud keyboard and mouse software.

Could this have something to do with it?

Ridosaw
Previous

Return to Star Trek Online