FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Focus Window Action issues

Moderator: MiRai

<<

moot

Post Sat Jan 17, 2015 5:18 am

Focus Window Action issues

Salutations..

So I have 9 chars set up in isBoxer and I would like to rotate through them but having issue were one random char is skipped if I go through the chars with the next button..
I have tried waiting up to a count of 4 seconds and it still happens. Faster it seems to be more frequent.

I need to ensure that each char is seen no matter what as if I miss one it puts it all out of sync.

I have 9 chars. I am using
"Single Monitor Layout (Swapping, Avoid Taskbar)"

I assigned a key to the "Next Window" in the always on Keymaps.

Under steps I have tried a few things

If I set "Selected Filter Target" to on and have text

(is1,is2,is3,is4,is5,is6,is7,is8,is9)&isboxer

in the filter then very strange things happen and it does not rotate through. Mini windows from the layout go missing with each click of the key and if I hover the mouse over the bottom of the screen and it brings up all the windows most are flashing yellow. I tried this on another machine and same thing happened.. I wondered if it was because of "Single Monitor Layout (Swapping, Avoid Taskbar)" but same happened when I went to full screen with or with out DX nothing.

I tried setting up one step for each char with "Selected Filter Target" on. Would do as per above with the mini screens going away from the isboxer screen and many of the mini windows when you scroll the mouse to bottom of monitor are flashing yellow.

I tried setting "Do not advance to next step" For at least and even set it to 5 seconds with and with out and only trigger once and that didn't help.

If I set it to Rotate forward instead of "Select Filter Target" it works but will skip randomly.

any idea where I am going wrong.

Thank you.

http://privatepaste.com/e7b001f318
Last edited by moot on Sat Jan 17, 2015 7:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Sat Jan 17, 2015 7:46 am

Re: Round robin issues

I have found that on the odd occasion it does skip a window. I use the mousewheel, so I've never been sure whether it is a wheel rotation thing or not.

Anyway, if you really need all windows to be cycled, in order, every time, no skipping, I would be inclined just to have a 9 step mapped key that picked a specific slot for each step.

If you need to be able to rotate backwards too, then you can setup up the Previous in the reverse order. You will need to set Mapped Key Step Actions to sync the mapped keys so if you go NEXT, then when you go PREVIOUS it will be on the correct step in order to go back to the previous window, and vice-versa.
<<

firescue17

Post Sat Jan 17, 2015 9:33 am

I concur with Bob. That's how I do it too.

Cycle Next Window and Cycle Previous Window for each of 3 box, 4 box, 5 box, 6 box, and virtualize it at the Character Set level.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sat Jan 17, 2015 12:12 pm

very strange things happen and it does not rotate through. Mini windows from the layout go missing with each click of the key and if I hover the mouse over the bottom of the screen and it brings up all the windows most are flashing yellow. I tried this on another machine and same thing happened.. I wondered if it was because of "Single Monitor Layout (Swapping, Avoid Taskbar)" but same happened when I went to full screen with or with out DX nothing.

Um... so the ONLY thing you changed is the FILTER and the windows wont switch? I'm not sure that's actually possible (since it's doing the same thing for the same reason, just changing which window to use), there must be another factor there.

What is happening is Windows is determining that you're working with some window, and refusing to allow the foreground window to change; to notify you that this is happening, it flashes the taskbar buttons (see "Remarks" under http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/ms633539%28v=vs.85%29.aspx for Microsoft's documentation on this behavior). It would be very interesting (and helpful in solving the issue) to narrow this down to something easily reproducible, so do let me know if you come up with a good way (noting that the Filter Target is used by default from the Quick Setup Wizard). As it stands, there is no obvious reason why it would be blocking the window switch.

I have found that on the odd occasion it does skip a window.

Internally if no game instances have been added or removed, and you're also not using an ATG with joins/leaves, there's no skipping a window (unless it's Windows refusing to switch it). Using the default filter "isboxer&~dxnothing", it may "skip windows" if an instance is closed and re-launched due to internal re-numbering. Using an ATG, it may "skip windows" if an instance is added or removed. But otherwise I don't see a way for it to do that

Filter target "(is1,is2,is3,is4,is5,is6,is7,is8,is9)&isboxer" should be pretty much the same as using multiple steps, works for up to 9 instances and does not require any virtualizations for different group sizes. The only question here is why Windows is blocking the window switch.
<<

bob

Post Sat Jan 17, 2015 12:40 pm

lax wrote:
bob wrote:I have found that on the odd occasion it does skip a window.

Internally if no game instances have been added or removed, and you're also not using an ATG with joins/leaves, there's no skipping a window (unless it's Windows refusing to switch it). Using the default filter "isboxer&~dxnothing", it may "skip windows" if an instance is closed and re-launched due to internal re-numbering. Using an ATG, it may "skip windows" if an instance is added or removed. But otherwise I don't see a way for it to do that

mmm, It didn't read back quite the same way I meant it.
My "odd occasion" is on character set startup when everything is a little weird anyway after all the vfx's are started. Usually once I rotate through all the windows it works fine. I suspect it doesn't help that the last window started is a dxnothing which is excluded from the next/prev rotation, but it happens to be the one with the focus, and maybe as it's tries to work out which window should be bought to the front it skips one. For reference my filter is set to "(all&Follower)&~dxNothing"

Anyway, I don't need to hijack someone else's thread
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sat Jan 17, 2015 1:23 pm

Re: Focus Window Action issues

In hunting this down I've fixed an issue where, in fact, the Filter Target was NOT enforcing the ORDER, just whether or not a each window was included in the rotation.

Inner Space build 6055 corrects this issue.

Note that with the new build, if you use Focus with Next/Previous window and a filter target, and you're activating it from a window that is NOT included, the "next" window is the FIRST window in the given order.

I believe this should take care of firescue17's and bob's issues.

The taskbar button flashing issue is different than this fix and more information will still be needed on a reliable way to reproduce that if possible.
<<

moot

Post Sun Jan 18, 2015 7:37 am

Thank you for your help and attention on this.

I set my system up with steps and it had same issue. Press the forward key once and the mini display windows started going missing and the window that pop up when scrolling to bottom of screen would flash yellow.. It did cause a crash of InnerSpace and I tried to send in the bug report that it generated but it said error sending.. Sorry.

I decided it was best to start with a clean slate and wiped the machine clean and installed fresh isooxer.
Windows 8.1 clean install.

Interspace and ISBoxer clean instal and updated to 6055
(Used the uninstall application, through the remainder of the files in the trash and restarted..

With Focus set to rotate forward I am still getting the skipping...

If I enter
(is1,is2,is3,is4,is5,is6,is7,is8,is9)&isboxer
Set to "Selected Filter Target"

Same thing happens.. isboxers Miniwindows go missing and the ones that pop up when you scroll mouse down are flashing yellow/orange. Seems the ones flashing orange are the mini screens that are missing.

If I set it up as 9 steps with each step set to a slot
1:Focus window "is1" on <Current Computer>
2:Focus window "is2" on <Current Computer>
9:Focus window "is9" on <Current Computer>

it goes

1,2,1,3,1,4,1,5,1,6,1,7,1,8,1,9,2,1,2,2,3,2,4,2,5,2,6,2.... and so on.

Next thing I am going to try is sending the text CTRL ALT 1,CTRL ALT 2, and so on.......

here are as basic and simple a setting as there could be. http://privatepaste.com/891c98a54d
<<

moot

Post Fri Jan 23, 2015 8:45 am

Still kind of lost.. Can not get the program to cycle through the windows with out skipping if using Forward or Reverse instead of a filter.
I can see that the skipped window does pop up ever so briefly as it cycles to the next one.

I have tried "Single Monitor Layout (Swapping, Avoid Taskbar)" and "Stacked full screen (No Swapping,Avoid Taskbar)" and doesn't make a difference.

Using a filter seems to upset the whole cart.
Isboxer's Miniwindows go missing after each key press and the ones that pop up when you scroll mouse down are flashing yellow/orange. Seems the ones flashing orange are the mini screens that are missing. Doesn't seem to matter what layout I use. It did crash Interspace a few times. I sent on the program generated reports.

Tried CTRL ALT 1,CTRL ALT 2 and that was a bust..

I notice when I use the next window as a key press that there is delay goign to next window.. I though this was because of key so tried assigning it to other key but was same. even tried another keyboard. No difference.
I am currenlty counting to 5 missisippi before presing key to cycle to next window and that will still skip but will not require me to press the key twice.

Did find that Round Robin as a key press works flawlessly. and I can rapid fire the key and it does not skip a beat.

Don't know what more I can tell you.. Please tell me if there is something I can do to help track down what this is.

I do have some other questions/issues that I have found..

1) Broadcast Button During Key Press.
Would like to have the broadcast mode be active when a key is pressed and and deactivate when I let go..
I play EvE online and we are banned from using the broadcast key but for logging in and window arrangement stuff. I am forever forgetting to turn it off so would like to have a key I have to press and hold for it to work.

2) Round Robin Mouse Click to same location
I have figured out how to do round robin single mouse click
With action
Mouse 1-> round-robin: all

How can I get it to sync on all screens just for the location?

Currently I turn on broadcast briefly to sync all the mice locations and then turn off bradcast and do the round robin key.

3) Double Click
With action

How to get it to double click?
Tried entering another action but that failed.

4) Key press Limit
So for the round-Robin I have to press the key 9 times.
Is there a way I could put a limit on it so that it does not do anything after 9 presses but maybe make a sound to say all done?
If I press F1 9 times to turn on mining then if I press it 10 times it will turn off the 1st one.
<<

firescue17

Post Fri Jan 23, 2015 9:02 am

moot wrote:I can see that the skipped window does pop up ever so briefly as it cycles to the next one.

I don't know if this has been covered, I briefly scanned through the entire thread and didn't see it ... Do you have your cycle window hotkey set to activate upon pressed AND released? Setting it as such can cause weirdness too.

Anyway, just a shot in the dark ... it's something to check.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Fri Jan 23, 2015 9:34 am

Do you have your cycle window hotkey set to activate upon pressed AND released? Setting it as such can cause weirdness too.

In the last-pasted config, it's set to Released (default). It is configured on G19-G1 though, so it is possible for the G19 to have other behavior assigned to G1 and activating at the same time.

I notice when I use the next window as a key press that there is delay goign to next window.. I though this was because of key so tried assigning it to other key but was same. even tried another keyboard. No difference.

I'm not sure I follow what you're saying. But as I mentioned above, the Hotkey is set to go off when it's RELEASED, not when PRESSED. This is normal, and good, because if it's set to Pressed then the subsequent Release may have unintended consequences. Anyway, it is very common to interpret it as a "delay" when the Hotkey is set to go off on release instead of press.

Using a filter seems to upset the whole cart.

Again there's a filter enabled by default, this is used by everyone by default just by setting the Hotkey.

Get me a list of Inner Space sessions running at the time you're doing this. To do so, right click Inner Space and select Console. In the console, type or paste in "log sessions.txt" with no quotes, then put in "sessions" with no quotes, followed by "log off" -- again with no quotes. This will make a file called sessions.txt in your Inner Space folder. Paste the contents of that here.

1) Broadcast Button During Key Press.
Would like to have the broadcast mode be active when a key is pressed and and deactivate when I let go..
I play EvE online and we are banned from using the broadcast key but for logging in and window arrangement stuff. I am forever forgetting to turn it off so would like to have a key I have to press and hold for it to work.

In the Wizards menu select Mapped Key Wizard. Tell it to put your hotkey in the Always On Key Map, then select "Broadcasting Toggler" for the type of key to set up. Set it to activate when "pressed OR released" (there is a drop-down in the wizard), and then you have exactly what you've asked for.

2) Round Robin Mouse Click to same location
With action

How can I get it to sync on all screens just for the location?

Currently I turn on broadcast briefly to sync all the mice locations and then turn off bradcast and do the round robin key.

This is super simple, and would have been done automatically for you had you instead used the Mapped Key Wizard and selected "Round-Robin Key Broadcast". Just add a Sync Cursor Action to the top of your Step that sends Mouse 1 on round robin to all -- you can use the same round-robin Target, or just send to all other each time.

3) Double Click
With action

How to get it to double click?
Tried entering another action but that failed.

That would likely fail because the keystrokes are combined -- you sent Mouse1+Mouse1, meaning the button was not let go of before the second Mouse1. To make this happen, there's several things you can do but I'd say go into Variable Keystrokes in the top left pane, add a new Variable Keystroke named whatever you want ("Left click" for example), and set it to Mouse1. Then instead of a Keystroke Action, you can use a Variable Keystroke Action and pick "Left click" or whatever you named it. This won't be combined.

However, the game may not interpret this as a double click anyway. You may need to just add another Step immediately after the one you have, with another Mouse1 -> round-robin: all, and press your button twice to cause the double click. Because it is another Step, the round-robin is not linked to the one in the other step, so they advance independently.

4) Key press Limit
So for the round-Robin I have to press the key 9 times.
Is there a way I could put a limit on it so that it does not do anything after 9 presses but maybe make a sound to say all done?
If I press F1 9 times to turn on mining then if I press it 10 times it will turn off the 1st one.

When editing Steps, at the top is options that say "Do not advance" and such. You can add Step 10, put a Sound Action in it, and set it to "Do not advance for at least ___ seconds" (like 0.5 seconds, or whatever you're comfortable with). So you press the key 12 times out of haste, it gets to the end and plays the sound one or more times instead of wrapping back to #1 instantly. You can set it longer if you want. In the "Advanced" settings for your Mapped Key, you can set it to reset to step 1 after some amount of time.
Next

Return to Key Maps