FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Can't get this game to work

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Reknos

Post Tue May 06, 2014 11:42 pm

Can't get this game to work

I can't get it working, I'm no genious but no matter what I try it does not let me start it up for emu.

Ive seen others post on here saying they got ISBoxer working for it but no go

anyoen know how ? I signed up to innerspace with high hopes but with swg~emu it does not want to do anything. I add the game to innerspace launching 1 works, when i launch another it tells me i cant have multiple instances because one is already active, however if you manually launch the game from the launcher program you can start up many many games over and over and have them all up at the same time thru the option of "allow multiple instances" in the launcher itself but using innerspace to launch does not let you, you actually even get a popup with ok button too.

another way i tried was adding parameters /secondary. that didnt work either still got the pop-up

i tried with a different multiboxing program but SWG seems to have an issue with window focus and only inputting keyboard actions if the window is in the foreground and active window...

so thats why i signed up for innerspace because I figured I could get this one to work and at least get some help from ISBoxer forums.
<<

Reknos

Post Tue May 06, 2014 11:47 pm

Re: Can't get this game to work

anyways I was hoping to get help with this. is there a way to inject innerspace / isboxer into an already launched game? and load up the hud into the game if its already up and open?... kind of would help me out but I can't see how
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Wed May 07, 2014 5:56 am

is there a way to inject innerspace / isboxer into an already launched game? and load up the hud into the game if its already up and open?

No. Inner Space has to launch the game.

I add the game to innerspace launching 1 works, when i launch another it tells me i cant have multiple instances

The entire problem is described in the above quote.

Let's zoom in.
launching 1 works, when i launch another it tells me i cant have multiple instances

More. We must go deeper.
when i launch another it tells me i cant have multiple instances

Deeper still
when i launch another

Ahh yes, there it is. You're not supposed to launch another.

You're supposed to launch your ISBoxer Character Set, and ISBoxer launches them for you. When you launch them individually, ISBoxer's virtualization of the client limit does not apply, and you will not be able to launch multiple instances.

So here's what I suggest doing... Check out the Quick Start Guide section titled "Log in", which specifically covers how to launch your team: Quick Start Guide 41, Part 3: Log in
<<

Reknos

Post Wed May 07, 2014 9:07 am

Read up on that help paragraph went to launch character set, right clicked, launching the character set in ISBoxer with 2 in a team. And then it is only giving me 1 client window. no pop up error. retrying results gives no client windows until restarting ISBoxer, which results in the same 1 client window with a character set of 2 character team and no second client started same as before.

I'm most likely doing something incorrect. And/Or they changed something compared to the old swg or something.. my small mind can't figure this out :|
<<

balsac

Post Wed Feb 10, 2016 10:20 pm

i was able to launch the .exe for the emulator client with the 'main executable parameters': -usetdm

I finally found it browsing through the lotr forums here
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Thu Feb 11, 2016 6:31 am

balsac wrote:i was able to launch the .exe for the emulator client with the 'main executable parameters': -usetdm

I finally found it browsing through the lotr forums here

That parameter is for Turbine's proprietary software, Turbine Download Manager. SWG -- as you probably know -- was never a Turbine product. I'd be amazed if this parameter is doing something ;)

Return to Star Wars Galaxies