FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Tutorial - Running a 5 character group in Rift

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Ripit

Post Tue Jun 18, 2013 4:18 am

Re: Tutorial - Running a 5 character group in Rift

I been useing this tutorial awesome work :) :)
<<

Muzik

Post Wed Jun 19, 2013 6:08 am

Hi Jeran, I just wanted to say thanks so much for this guide. I was planning to set something up similar to this after reading an earlier email of yours. I came home and you had posted this which is really awesome. In two nights I have been able to set this up, it would have taken me weeks to sort out without this guide :)
Thanks, Muzik
<<

Kaische

Post Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:11 am

Jeran wrote:YOU NEED TO MAKE SURE THAT KEYBOARD NUMBERS 1 THROUGH = ARE NOT ASSIGNED TO ANYTHING. You're going to be spamming these keys and ISBoxer is going to be sending different key presses to your different clients. If 1 through = are also bound to abilities, chaos will ensue and everything will break. If at some point you want to actually type a number into the game, either use the numpad (abilities won't activate while text is open) or deactivate key bindings using that toggle in the top middle of your screen or by hitting shift-alt-M.

It is a great idea to change the mapped keys on the actionbar in RIFT to the numpad keys but i run into a big issue.
Today (my second day playing RIFT) i was prompted with "Coin Locked Notification" and with disabled Key Maps i was not able to enter the code. Typing "3" resulted in a "2" ... because numpad numbers are still numbers on the keyboard :)
So i fixed it in ISBoxer and here is what i did:

1. In the ISBoxer Toolkit, select Always On under Key Maps in the top left window.
2. In the bottom left window, select Activate Maps.
3. Then select the first step under Activate Maps.
4. In the bottom right window, click on Combat Key Map 'Off' -> all and change the Key Map to RIFT Combat Hotkeys.
5. Then select the second step under Activate Maps.
6. In the bottom right window, click on Combat Key Map 'On' -> all and change the Key Map to RIFT Combat Hotkeys.
7. Export to InnerSpace.
<<

Jeran

Post Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:34 am

Jeran wrote:If at some point you want to actually type a number into the game, either use the numpad (abilities won't activate while text is open) or deactivate key bindings using that toggle in the top middle of your screen or by hitting shift-alt-M.

The answer to your question was actually in the text you quoted ;)

In image form,
<<

r1pt1de

Post Mon Jul 22, 2013 12:17 pm

Jeran wrote:
Jeran wrote:If at some point you want to actually type a number into the game, either use the numpad (abilities won't activate while text is open) or deactivate key bindings using that toggle in the top middle of your screen or by hitting shift-alt-M.

The answer to your question was actually in the text you quoted ;)

In image form,

Necrod, sorry. Just started using the tutorial and multiboxing Rift.

Jeran, while you are correct, what Kaische is speaking of is actually missing from the tutorial. You told us how to turn off key-maps by using shift-alt-m, or by clicking the icon, but you never actually showed the step of adding the RIFT Combat Hotkeys to the toggle itself. This is the step that Kaische has lined out for us.

On a lighter note. Very impressive work with this Jeran. I know it took a lot of time to get this all worked out and typed in. Thank you for taking the time to put it together.
<<

Jeran

Post Mon Jul 22, 2013 2:55 pm

Good point, I hadn't realized what he was doing. Using the numpad should still work either way, but I will also edit this change into the tutorial. Thanks!
<<

pinki104

Post Sun Jul 28, 2013 6:52 am

I used your config but for some reason it don't broadcast the keys we set ingame like the numpads ect
<<

Performensch

Post Thu Mar 13, 2014 4:49 am

Thank You.

Your guide got me into multiboxing RIFT and provided a solid base configuration to start with.
<<

cuts101

Post Sat Aug 06, 2016 6:53 pm

anyone have current link to pastbin for this guide?
<<

Kaische

Post Sat Aug 06, 2016 7:55 pm

Jeran wrote:The configuration file for this tutorial can be found here (http://www.privatepaste.com/1a082962d5). It contains everything included in this tutorial. See this wiki link for details for loading it into ISBoxer (http://isboxer.com/wiki/Configuration_Sharing).

If you find this guide helpful, or if you want to get a free 15 days when purchasing an ISBoxer subscription, you can enter my friend code: #f9a0-jeranRIFT

Copyright still by Jeran
I am just rehosting it.

Here: RIFT-Jeran-1a082962d5.txt have fun!
PreviousNext

Return to RIFT