FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Diablo 3 new limit of 3 accounts in EULA. WTH?

Moderator: MiRai

<<

alrobichaud

Post Thu Nov 21, 2013 1:40 am

Diablo 3 new limit of 3 accounts in EULA. WTH?

As the title states. In the legal section of the EULA, it clearly states that you may no longer have more than 3 accounts registered to the same person. I have been tempted to contact blizzard to ask about this since this was newly added and my alt accounts are all at least 7 months old. Another player in the general forum has submitted a ticket to ask about this as well and said he would get back to the forum with response from blizzard.

Have any of you guys/girls heard anything about this?
<<

alrobichaud

Post Thu Nov 21, 2013 1:41 am

Re: Diablo 3 new limit of 3 accounts in EULA. WTH?

<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Thu Nov 21, 2013 8:43 am

Yeah that's kind of weird. Also it doesn't say you can't play 4, it says you can't register 4.

"The maximum number of Accounts that a person may register on the Service is limited to no more than three (3) Accounts."

So, for example, I have 3 and my wife has 1, that doesn't violate the EULA.

Additionally,
"minor children may utilize an Account established by their parent or legal guardian"
... so a minor can play 4 accounts that were registered by their two parents.

... but it might be safer to only play 3 accounts rather than 4, under the new rules?

I might be more worried about this line under License Limitations...
You may not use ... "any code and/or software, not expressly authorized by Blizzard, that can be used in connection with the Battle.net client, the Service, a Game and/or any component or feature thereof which changes and/or facilitates the gameplay"
It's not entirely clear whether they would count ISBoxer in that, as ISBoxer has always been allowed with D3 to date... I would assume, however, that certain "loot watching" programs (unrelated to ISBoxer) would violate this term.
<<

marshboxer

Post Fri Nov 22, 2013 10:52 am

The question is how would they verify that your 4th account belongs to you or just someone related to you using your payment method?

I doubt this is an issue heh.
<<

alrobichaud

Post Sat Dec 21, 2013 5:09 pm

Yeah, it is probably a non issue. From what I have read in the forum, the only way they would know is if you signed up for all 4 accounts with your name and address then contacted them to report an account comprimise. They will bring up your name and find 4 accounts. Apparently, that is really the only way they would find out. Alternatively, you can sign up for the 4rth account with a different name but if you ever lose that account due to hacking it will be gone forever since you will not be able to provide ID to get it back.
<<

Kicksome

Post Tue Feb 11, 2014 7:40 am

It says you can't register more than 3 accounts, but what if you already had 4 before they made this change.

I guess it doesn't matter too much because 10.b.ii
Blizzard reserves the right to terminate this Agreement at any time for any reason, or for no reason, with or without notice to you.
<<

cmoidudu

Post Thu Feb 27, 2014 2:28 am

I could log in my 4 accounts in 2.0 with no problem...

Playing is another matter since I have been waiting 10 minutes for the Diablo III servers to create a game. Estimated time 2 seconds LOL.
<<

cmoidudu

Post Thu Feb 27, 2014 3:18 am

Ok I'm in and running my team, everything working fine. I just have to learn to play again... and re-configure my toons. Damn, where is Critical Mass ?
<<

Hengera

Post Wed Mar 05, 2014 5:12 pm

It says on the top: THIS VERSION OF THE BATTLE.NET END USER LICENSE AGREEMENT WILL BECOME EFFECTIVE ON MARCH 18, 2014 G.M.T

I'd be careful using 4 clients after this date. I'm going to open a ticket now and enquire about this as I haven't multiboxed D3 yet but was planning to do so with RoS.
<<

isboxjelifah

Post Wed Mar 05, 2014 5:20 pm

No worries on 4 battle.net accounts.

I opened a ticket with Blizzard and got the following response
Blizzard Response
Greetings!

Just to follow up on this. Got information from our Legal team that is only referencing battle.net balance, which you can only have active on up to 3 accounts. This will not affect you in any way. =)

Regards,

Account & Technical Services Rep Zac J.
Customer Services
Next

Return to Diablo Series Diablo 3, Diablo Immortal, Diablo II Resurrected