FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Fixed: NeverBoxer VFX windows still working after patches ?

Moderator: MiRai

<<

nodoze

Post Tue Nov 12, 2013 5:31 pm

Fixed: NeverBoxer VFX windows still working after patches ?

Curious if anyone else is still able to use VFX windows in NeverBoxer and if so, would appreciate any replies to this thread with what versions of software you are using.

My NeverBoxer VFX windows stopped working after applying all available patches and rebooting this Sunday 11/10/13. The main thing I used these VFX windows for was to see my background slaves when in the Foreground window and they no longer work on my duo or 5man team...

I don't reboot or apply updates often (monthly at most). When I rebooted a few days ago I was updated as follows:

- ISBoxer: 41.6.1002.1
- Innerspace: 1.12 (Build 5931);
- Neverwinter: Fully patched up when played on Sunday 11/10/13 ~5:45pm;
- Windows 7 Ultimate (x64): Fully patched up on Sunday 11/10/13 ~5:45pm;

I haven't done a ton of trouble shooting I just know my application key no longer toggles them on/off and they don't come on at start-up like they used to.

Any insight others have would be appreciated.
Last edited by nodoze on Wed Nov 13, 2013 7:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<<

Kaische

Post Tue Nov 12, 2013 7:30 pm

Re: NeverBoxer VFX windows still working after patches ?

This may sound dumb but... did you checked that after the windows update Aero is still enabled?
<<

Sylver

Post Wed Nov 13, 2013 2:47 am

Kaische wrote:This may sound dumb but... did you checked that after the windows update Aero is still enabled?

I agree, check your Windows Aero settings - often when someone has mentioned that the VFX windows didn't appear it was the Aero. Some upgrades and even software you install can/may alter the Aero settings at the desktop.

Please let us know what degree of success you have or if you need more help in troubleshooting.
- Sylver
<<

nodoze

Post Wed Nov 13, 2013 7:29 pm

Sylver wrote:
Kaische wrote:This may sound dumb but... did you checked that after the windows update Aero is still enabled?

I agree, check your Windows Aero settings - often when someone has mentioned that the VFX windows didn't appear it was the Aero. Some upgrades and even software you install can/may alter the Aero settings at the desktop.

Please let us know what degree of success you have or if you need more help in troubleshooting.
Thanks guys! That was it. I didn't know the VFX features leveraged Aero (or at least didn't rembember) and hadn't checked that. Much better with the mini-windows back !

Return to Neverwinter