FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

GUIDE: Part 5 - Installing & Configuring NeverBoxer v1.x

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Biggcarl

Post Sun Aug 04, 2013 3:01 pm

Re: GUIDE: Part 5 - Installing & Configuring NeverBoxer v1.x

graebeerd wrote:I had a question regarding setting up the characters. in the guide, you only mention setup of the first character, so some assumptions must be made as to the rest.

1st character is setup with Do Init SLOT1 in Initialization Key Map -> self.

I would assume, that character 2 would be setup as: Do Init SLOT2 in Initialization Key Map -> self, and character 3 as SLOT3, Characte 4 as SLOT4, Etc.

However, looking at the characters that are already setup when you open the NeverBoxer XML file,

Character 1 = Do Init SLOT1 in Initialization Key Map -> self
Character 2 = Do Init SLOT1 in Initialization Key Map -> self
Character 3 = Do Init SLOT2 in Initialization Key Map -> self
Character 4 = Do Init SLOT4 in Initialization Key Map -> self
Character 5 = Do Init SLOT5 in Initialization Key Map -> self

I'm going to continue setup with the assumption that each character should be in its corresponding SLOT # in the init key map.

- You must add a mapped key to “Perform this Mapped Key when Character is loaded or reloaded”. Failure to do this will completely break this character and the entire party. Select Do “Init SLOT (whatever SLOT # this character is)” in Initialization Key Map -> Self. The SLOT # must correspond to the position in your group that you want the character and whenever you add the character to a character set, this setting for SLOT # must match exactly to the position in the character set as well. Failure to do so will break the configuration (following and targeting).

right from the guide. so each slot should be matching the slot you want it to be in the setup. so 1 to 1 2 to 2 3 to 3 and so on.
Multiboxing: (Mul-ti-box-ing)1.physically and mentally dependent on a particular substance, and unable to stop taking it without incurring adverse effects.
<<

nodoze

Post Sun Aug 04, 2013 4:18 pm

Biggcarl wrote:
graebeerd wrote:I had a question regarding setting up the characters. in the guide, you only mention setup of the first character, so some assumptions must be made as to the rest.

I would assume, that character 2 would be setup as: Do Init SLOT2 in Initialization Key Map -> self, and character 3 as SLOT3, Characte 4 as SLOT4, Etc.

However, looking at the characters that are already setup when you open the NeverBoxer XML file,

I'm going to continue setup with the assumption that each character should be in its corresponding SLOT # in the init key map.

- You must add a mapped key to “Perform this Mapped Key when Character is loaded or reloaded”. Failure to do this will completely break this character and the entire party. Select Do “Init SLOT (whatever SLOT # this character is)” in Initialization Key Map -> Self. The SLOT # must correspond to the position in your group that you want the character and whenever you add the character to a character set, this setting for SLOT # must match exactly to the position in the character set as well. Failure to do so will break the configuration (following and targeting).

right from the guide. so each slot should be matching the slot you want it to be in the setup. so 1 to 1 2 to 2 3 to 3 and so on.
Biggcarl, I think Graebeerd caught some inconsistency in the v1.1 sample character set that doesn't match the guide. In v1.0 you and I didn't have sample character sets to compare to so we had to read that section very carefully to get it straight. I think adding the character set back to the setup was a good move by Sylver (his previous versions before v1.0 had them) but think he accidentally included a mis-config.

Graebeerd, I just checked & confirmed in the v1.1 XML sample characters that I downloaded that is also has 1->1, 2->1, 3->2 etc in the sample characters as well. I believe Sylver will appreciate you denoting it and stating your assumption regarding the conflict to help others before moving on.

I believe you are correct per your assumption and should continue forward. That is what Biggcarl & I did on v1.0 which worked fine & I am doing on v1.1 as well (though not done).
<<

Sylver

Post Sun Aug 04, 2013 4:21 pm

Biggcarl wrote:

Yes, looks like sample characters 2 & 3 are not Configured correctly. I will fix that and put the corrected version up. This comes from me having used chars 2 & 3 (both DCs) in another charset for testing and having forgotten to change them back - oops. :oops:

Biggcarl is right - follow the guide and you'll be good.
- Sylver
<<

nodoze

Post Sun Aug 04, 2013 5:04 pm

Speaking of the v1.1 sample characters, I denoted that many (or maybe all of them) are in the "Party Leader" Action group. Is that intended, allowed, or recommended? I say that because in v1.0 I made the assumption that only 1 character should be in the Party Leader group and put the rest in the Follower group. If it is recommended to have more than 1 slot in that AG maybe a few comments as to the benefits or reasons why that would be useful.

EDIT: I also denoted that your the Party Leader has Follower assigned as well and I assumed previously that they were mutually exclusive. I think maybe a little guidance would be helpful.
<<

Sylver

Post Sun Aug 04, 2013 5:56 pm

nodoze wrote:Speaking of the v1.1 sample characters, I denoted that many (or maybe all of them) are in the "Party Leader" Action group. Is that intended, allowed, or recommended? I say that because in v1.0 I made the assumption that only 1 character should be in the Party Leader group and put the rest in the Follower group. If it is recommended to have more than 1 slot in that AG maybe a few comments as to the benefits or reasons why that would be useful.

EDIT: I also denoted that your the Party Leader has Follower assigned as well and I assumed previously that they were mutually exclusive. I think maybe a little guidance would be helpful.

Again, test code. Party member & follower were to be used for some cool ideas I had that never quite fully made it into version 1. For now it doesn't affect anything, but once implemented thn yes, they will be mutually exclusive.

As examples should be just that, I should fix that as well, used or not. :)

You guys are good. 8-)
- Sylver
<<

mrmagoo

Post Sat Aug 17, 2013 6:50 pm

Sorry if this has been mentioned already....

Is it just me or are the "Slave move" commands all back to front?! Up is S. Left is D. etc.

Also I configure "all move" to Ctrl Arrows. I think this is handy.

Have been playing with Video FX and almost got most of my multi-monitor setup going. Inventory/2x2 split screen/interact etc all working on the correct monitors.

Having trouble with VFX and focus though. Very buggy interactions no matter what I do. Going to post about it. Not sure if it is possible.

Might actually start playing the game sometime! All my chars are still level 1! :)
<<

mrmagoo

Post Sun Aug 18, 2013 4:06 am

Holy crap.

Just about at the point of giving up on NW. :(

Soooo many window and layout bugs. Nearly impossible to work out what is going on because very little of it works consistently or as you would expect.

Rift was the similar but in the end I managed to get it working by hacking away at focusing and such. Because of the keybinds I think it is causing the windows to bug out or something and those same tricks just wont work.

Dunno. But is too buggy to play at the moment.

I have other things such as follow only working for half the party some of the time for some bizzarre reason but that is at the end of a list of problems. (edit: found the problem by doing it all manually. Hard target lock does not remove easily once locked. Another lock command is ignored while the previous is still in effect ) So you need to explicitly call "HardTargetLock 0" because trying to acquire a new one apparently. Something to update I imagine.

Neverboxer is great, but the window handling in IS is doing my head in...its like a crap shoot in a pit of dynamite everytime you change a setting!
<<

Sylver

Post Sun Aug 18, 2013 11:27 am

mrmagoo wrote:Sorry if this has been mentioned already....

Is it just me or are the "Slave move" commands all back to front?! Up is S. Left is D. etc.

Also I configure "all move" to Ctrl Arrows. I think this is handy.

Have been playing with Video FX and almost got most of my multi-monitor setup going. Inventory/2x2 split screen/interact etc all working on the correct monitors.

Having trouble with VFX and focus though. Very buggy interactions no matter what I do. Going to post about it. Not sure if it is possible.

Might actually start playing the game sometime! All my chars are still level 1! :)

The slave moves are all relative to the active character, so they only appear to be reversed. In use, it becomes apparent how it funtions... usually in combat you turn, look at your party and move them around using the arrow keys if you want, but honestly; I've found formations and Fire Team positioning to be far more useful - that and "scatter" for avoiding incoming AOEs.
- Sylver
<<

Sylver

Post Sun Aug 18, 2013 11:33 am

mrmagoo wrote:Holy crap.

Just about at the point of giving up on NW. :(

Soooo many window and layout bugs. Nearly impossible to work out what is going on because very little of it works consistently or as you would expect.

Rift was the similar but in the end I managed to get it working by hacking away at focusing and such. Because of the keybinds I think it is causing the windows to bug out or something and those same tricks just wont work.

Dunno. But is too buggy to play at the moment.

I have other things such as follow only working for half the party some of the time for some bizzarre reason but that is at the end of a list of problems. (edit: found the problem by doing it all manually. Hard target lock does not remove easily once locked. Another lock command is ignored while the previous is still in effect ) So you need to explicitly call "HardTargetLock 0" because trying to acquire a new one apparently. Something to update I imagine.

Neverboxer is great, but the window handling in IS is doing my head in...its like a crap shoot in a pit of dynamite everytime you change a setting!

The windows plus the overly-complicated inner workings of Neverwinter makes this particular game one of the more difficult ones to multi-box. Just wait until you actually play it and get mobbed by all the ads :evil:

All of the VFX windows in NeverBoxer are custom and do not receive focus, etc like standard ISBoxer windows. That is probably adding to the complexity - everything in NeverBoxer is custom - I found it led to far fewer crashes and VFX issues when I understood exactly what was going on (ie; I coded it). If you are wanting to use the standard ISBoxer window setup (using the setup wizard, for example), you are better off using "Zero VFX" mode in the General Initialization keymap and then running the setup wizard and choosing a window setup to mod from that point. It might be more straightforward than tackling everything all at once.

So to sum it all up - the reason I made NeverBoxer was to help people just load it up and play.

For those who enjoy migranes, well, mod away. ;)
- Sylver
<<

mrmagoo

Post Sun Aug 18, 2013 5:57 pm

Sylver wrote:The slave moves are all relative to the active character, so they only appear to be reversed. .

Ahh I see. So they can have combat advantage or what have you. That makes sense. I figured that someone would have noticed if it did not.
It was a bit wierd to have everyone move in the opposite direction. I guess it is like a game of simon says when they are facing you. :)
PreviousNext

Return to Neverwinter