FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Solved: Casting AoE centered on Self (building block)...

Moderator: MiRai

<<

nodoze

Post Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:00 am

Solved: Casting AoE centered on Self (building block)...

Note: This thread was originally titled: Can Background Slave consistently cast AoE centered on self?

When doing it in the Foreground I slide the mouse back to have the character look straight down to center on self but I don't know a way to do that in a background window.

If you don't target anything the Cleric casts the AoE off in the distance wherever it is pointing. I also tried doing a Hard Target on self but that still results in casting the AoE off in the distance.

If there is no game command (like 'Hard Target') for looking down I am curious if there are commands we could send via in game binds or via ISBoxer to emulate/initiate a consistent mouse look down...

Has anyone devised a way for a Background Slave to consistently cast AoE centered on itself ?
Last edited by nodoze on Thu Jul 11, 2013 6:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
<<

nodoze

Post Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:39 am

Re: Can Background Slave consistently cast AoE centered on self?

If we aren't able to solve this my fall-back plan is to try to have the Healer(s) target someone else in the Healer/DPS group that stays back from the Boss while the Tank is fighting the Boss in the Foreground window... One thing that may help with that is to have one member of the Healer/DPS group to be as short as possible while the rest be as large as possible and if they are close together then I may get a good enough angle to be centered enough.
<<

Norrin

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:43 am

There was a command to move the camera (something like up or down).
I played with it once (the up one) that made the camera look directly up.
Not sure on the down one though.

I have kind of stopped Neverwinter (boxing at least) as I got sucked back into SWTOR.
When I get home later today I will look into camera commands see if I can find something.
<<

Sylver

Post Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:35 am

nodoze wrote:When doing it in the Foreground I slide the mouse back to have the character look straight down to center on self but I don't know a way to do that in a background window.

If you don't target anything the Cleric casts the AoE off in the distance wherever it is pointing. I also tried doing a Hard Target on self but that still results in casting the AoE off in the distance.

If there is no game command (like 'Hard Target' for looking down I am curious if there are commands we could send via in game binds or via ISBoxer to emulate/initiate a consistent mouse look down...

Has anyone devised a way for a Background Slave to consistently cast AoE centered on itself ?

As Norrin stated, there are commands to look up and down. My two DCs are coming up in levels and I've intergrated them into my setup (GF+2DC+2CW). So give me a few days and I'll have some inputs too. Where there's a will, there's a way. :)

I just finished some work on the next NB and I've got heal binds and everything set up in it. The only thing remaining is AOEs like you're asking about. ALso added "Fire-Teams" so we can target multiple targets (up to 3 different ones) at the same time. That should help in dungeons where you want to mow down 2-3 targets at the same time. I'm working AOE damage for those, so I'm hoping that when I get that down it will be the same technique as the AOE heals.
- Sylver
<<

nodoze

Post Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:13 am

Sylver wrote:
nodoze wrote:When doing it in the Foreground I slide the mouse back to have the character look straight down to center on self but I don't know a way to do that in a background window.

If there is no game command (like 'Hard Target') for looking down I am curious if there are commands we could send via in game binds or via ISBoxer to emulate/initiate a consistent mouse look down...

As Norrin stated, there are commands to look up and down. My two DCs are coming up in levels and I've intergrated them into my setup (GF+2DC+2CW). So give me a few days and I'll have some inputs too. Where there's a will, there's a way. :)

I just finished some work on the next NB and I've got heal binds and everything set up in it. The only thing remaining is AOEs like you're asking about. ALso added "Fire-Teams" so we can target multiple targets (up to 3 different ones) at the same time. That should help in dungeons where you want to mow down 2-3 targets at the same time. I'm working AOE damage for those, so I'm hoping that when I get that down it will be the same technique as the AOE heals.
All that is great news. If you post what the command is to look down I will try to play with it or, even better, if you have any keybinds you can post I will download them and apply them manually to my setup and test.

EDIT: Regarding the Heal Binds, did you get consistent use of Divinty mode for non-AoEs working at all? I have tried a few setups & only got one to be consistent if I stayed calm deliberately pressing a single key slowly and didn't spam... I posted it to the thread: viewtopic.php?t=4347
<<

Sylver

Post Wed Jul 10, 2013 2:20 pm

Commands for look up and down are:

lookUp

lookDown

Haven't had the opportunity to play with them yet...
- Sylver
<<

nodoze

Post Wed Jul 10, 2013 2:41 pm

Sylver wrote:Commands for look up and down are:
lookUp
lookDown

Haven't had the opportunity to play with them yet...
I just tried typing both of the above in the command line with a preceding / in game (example: "/lookdown") & tried putting them into the ISboxer Cryptic Studios Game Helper as binds (example: - "lookDown") and didn't have any success with either approach.

I also tried various / commands with camera look & down with proper and lower case with no luck.
<<

nodoze

Post Thu Jul 11, 2013 10:10 am

Norrin wrote:There was a command to move the camera (something like up or down).
I played with it once (the up one) that made the camera look directly up.
Not sure on the down one though.

I have kind of stopped Neverwinter (boxing at least) as I got sucked back into SWTOR.
When I get home later today I will look into camera commands see if I can find something.
Did you have any luck with the look up & look down commands? Being able to, from a Background window, consistently cast AoEs centered on self is one of the key remaining gaps. I think casting the AoEs on the Boss & Tank from Background windows is semi-manageable in its current state but have to figure out a way to AoE around the Healer/DPS group.
<<

nodoze

Post Thu Jul 11, 2013 3:00 pm

I think I found it as follows: "/adjustcampitch 72"

According to "/showCamPos", I think 71.62 is the max setting and anything over that (like 99) is the same as 72...

EDIT: After more experimenting I found it is relative to your current orientation so I recommend to execute:

-works to make you look down as much as possible even if looking straight up: "/adjustcampitch 120";
-after to make you look straight/level: "/adjustcampitch -71.62";
<<

nodoze

Post Thu Jul 11, 2013 6:10 pm

Best Keybind building Block for AShwD_onSelf thus far...

The below is the best key map I have been able to come up with to have the Healer cast Astral Shield with Divinity on Self (AShwD_onSelf) consistently.

Notes: While I was able to get this to work via 2 key strokes it required steps on press & release and required deliberate timing. Knowing myself, in the heat of battle I spam the keyboard and won't be able to keep the timing and if things get out of whack (like divinity meter stays on) thing things could go south quickly... With this in mind I changed this to a multi-step timed keybind that in testing appears to work consistently even when spamming the key. It is also set to wait until the latest my Astral Shield comes off cool-down before re-applying. I believe this is a great building block and, in a party of 2+ DCs, could be modified to consistently keep Astral Shield up by rotating the timing between the Clerics.

Note also that my testing was done with just my Cleric in my Foreground window & would need to be modified to instead send to only the healers in the background windows and to leverage Assist but this gives a good building block...

Note: to review/test the below keybind do the following steps:
- Make sure your cleric in the Foreground Window has 'Astral Shield' on the R slot;
- Make sure your cleric in the Foreground Window has 'Sun Burst' on the Q slot (not required but cool);
- First Highlight the below XML from beginning (<?xml...) to end (...</Box>);
- Then do a Control+C to copy that text to your clip-board;
- Then Right-Click in ISBoxer on your Mapped Keys and...
- Then select "Paste Mapped Key from Clipboard";
- You will also need to put the following under your Cryptic Studios Game Helper:
- Bound to '-': adjustcampitch 120
- Bound to '0': adjustcampitch -60

To test go to the Target Dummies and target one and build up your Divine Meter to a full 3 +'s and then start spamming 'T' and it will walk through the sequence... It should put Astral Shield around you and then keep casting Sun Burst when off cool-down until time for the next Astral Shield...

The keybind for 'Astral Shield with Divinity on Self (ASh_wD_onSelf)' follows in the next post...
Last edited by nodoze on Thu Jul 11, 2013 6:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Next

Return to Neverwinter