FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Healing Macros

Moderator: MiRai

<<

zandokan

Post Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:02 am

Healing Macros

Alright I hit 60 with all my dudes this weekend and now I need to figure out a better way to be healed by my Cleric anyone that run a 5 man using a Tank and a main have a good macro or a way to be healed. I honestly dunno crap about healers so even if I make the effort to make my own I think it would suck so if anyone have a tip/help please let me know.
<<

lemartes99

Post Mon Jun 24, 2013 3:05 pm

Re: Healing Macros

Just make 5 different macros, each one Hard Targets a char and casts a heal. Not really any other way to do it in this game.
<<

Sylver

Post Mon Jun 24, 2013 5:01 pm

lemartes99 wrote:Just make 5 different macros, each one Hard Targets a char and casts a heal. Not really any other way to do it in this game.

Exactly, that's why I run with a DC as main - that way I at least have better control.

A party of 5 DCs would be excellent because you can echo the exact heals from aroudn the party, but then there's the issue of poor DPS from DCs. :roll:

I think as people experiement with diff combos of classes and pets that some useful groupings will come to light..
- Sylver
<<

zandokan

Post Mon Jun 24, 2013 7:34 pm

Yeah but from what I've heard the adds are very hard to control without any agro control and the mitigation a DC have for end game would might get 1 shot or close, since there is no wards or anything of the like.
<<

lemartes99

Post Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:42 pm

Sylver wrote:
lemartes99 wrote:Just make 5 different macros, each one Hard Targets a char and casts a heal. Not really any other way to do it in this game.

Exactly, that's why I run with a DC as main - that way I at least have better control.

A party of 5 DCs would be excellent because you can echo the exact heals from aroudn the party, but then there's the issue of poor DPS from DCs. :roll:

I think as people experiement with diff combos of classes and pets that some useful groupings will come to light..

Poor DPS is an understatement. I bet a single rouge does more than my 5 DC. I'm going to start a team of CW's soon, and when everything gets to 60 will figure out a combo. What do you think is a clerics best choice for DPS ?
<<

zandokan

Post Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:27 am

Yeah this is definitely not working, I tried to be in the Healer seat but when adds go to the dps there is not much I can do but heal them and then the tank get crushed. I think imo the best way would be if I can setup a macro like
1 heal ward me,
2 Tab- Astral Shield
2 Tab- Bastion of health
The problem with that is idk when is Tabbed or not :(. Probably if I used a VFX of only the healer hot bars.
<<

lemartes99

Post Tue Jun 25, 2013 4:31 pm

zandokan wrote:Yeah this is definitely not working, I tried to be in the Healer seat but when adds go to the dps there is not much I can do but heal them and then the tank get crushed. I think imo the best way would be if I can setup a macro like
1 heal ward me,
2 Tab- Astral Shield
2 Tab- Bastion of health
The problem with that is idk when is Tabbed or not :(. Probably if I used a VFX of only the healer hot bars.

Ya, Divinity is a real pain. I'm not sure if it's possible to control 3 classes in this game, you can't lock down the mobs on a tank like you can in Warcraft. Theres just way too much going on, too many adds, and lots of the bosses jump around like mad, and AOE flying everywhere.
<<

zandokan

Post Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:45 pm

Ok I was able to do 4 macros and they work very good so far
http://pastebin.com/Y9RVfFM3
This is the setup I have atm, I know you are missing a lot of stuff. Most of it is NeverBoxer from Sylver. But what I did is setup 3 heals for target 1, heal word w/o the TAB, Bastion of Heal and Astral shield with. I'm also working on a 4th which will be Heal yourself. I put the on F1-F4 just cause Im testing and is only a duo grp TANK + Healer since I hit a wall and if I dont get heals for the tank I'm not able to kill anything.
@Sylver, I need to setup a VFX to only see the source video from the action keys and hp from my healer, but when I press ALT+SHIFT+CRTL+G I cant click on anything, can you help me with that please.
<<

nodoze

Post Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:43 am

zandokan wrote:Yeah this is definitely not working, I tried to be in the Healer seat but when adds go to the dps there is not much I can do but heal them and then the tank get crushed. I think imo the best way would be if I can setup a macro like
1 heal ward me,
2 Tab- Astral Shield
2 Tab- Bastion of health
I think a VFX of the Healer's Divinity meter is the only way to get the most out of healing & I would put it right next to your shield meter so you could watch it while fighting and watching your block meter... If you are going to VFX the Healers buttons & Hit Points I would try to put them under your FGs (use the GF's UI mod to move GFs slightly up if needed and cover the XP meter).

My primay window is my GF and I pass healing commands to my Healer slave & my healing has been OK (even though I currently don't worry about divinity) my strategy in fights is as follows:

- Right before moving in to start fights my GF casts 'Into the Fray' & my DC casts 'Healing Word' on my GF (which also heals my DC) & I refresh both when they expire during fights. Both give my GF Temporary Hit Points to start off the fight (Into the Fray gives temp hit points & the healing gives my GF the Grit buff) & the Healing over Time (Hot) all help me stay ahead/topped off.

- If it is a Boss or Big fight, before moving in, I press down arrow stopping my DC sufficiently back to keep the DC out of damage (my arrows control movement for my background windows). I position my GF so I can see my DC in those fights and double tap arrows as needed to get my DC out of red circles. I have my DC's window right below my health bar so I can somewhat see red circles there as well (it is small).

- When my GF charges in via 'Threatening Rush' (my left-click) my DC casts 'Astral Seal' so my GF gets heals when I hit a mob. Refresh as it wears off and each time an enemy dies as you engage another;

- After starting/refreshing Astral Seal with my Left Click I then right click while encounters/dailies are on cool down using Cleave on my GF & Sacred Flame on my DC. Every third right mouse click I get hit points from Sacred Flame.

- My DC also casts Sun Bursts when it is on cool down and this helps kill enemies on the DC and keep the DC topped off. On harder fights this doesn't help the GF as I leave the cleric back away from the GF;

Currently my DC is spec'ed away from Divinity as I don't use it and my GF is speced mainly for Damage mitigation and to get the most out of healing... In addition to the above, Feats and such that seem to stand out are:

-DC Class Feature Healing Lore giving +15% healing;
-DC Class Feature Foresight giving 6% less damage to the party;
-DC Daily Divine Armor gives more Temp Hit Points and damage mitigation over a long period of time;
-DC Heroic Feat Cleanse auto-clears debuffs when healing;
-DC Heroic Feat Greater Fortune for more Healing;
-DC Heroic Feat Repurpose Soul giving AoE heals on healing Crits;
-DC Heroic Feat Battlewise for less DC Threat;
-DC Paragon Feat Divine Advantage mitigates Enemy combat Advantage;
-DC Paragon Feat Restoration Mastery gives Defense bonus on healing Crits;
-DC Paragon Feat Power of Oppression allows Astral Seal to make targets deal less damage;
-DC Paragon Feat Healing Step to help keep my DC up;
-DC Paragon Feat Soverign Justice gives party heals when DC is attacked;
-DC Paragon Feat DeepStone Blessing gives +10% healing when Temp HitPoints are applied (which is often);
-DC Paragon Feat Benefit of Foresight allows Foresight to mitigate 5% more damage;
-GF Heroic Feat Grit giving Temp Hit Points on Heals;
-GF Heroic Feat Ubiquitous Shield mitigating Combat Advantage;
-GF Heroic Feat Shielded Resurgence heals when under control powers;
-GF Heroic Feat Armor Specialization increasing AC & Defense;
-GF Paragon Feat Daunting Challenge makes marked targets deal less damage to your party;
-GF Paragon Feat Armor of Bahamut mitigates damage when Guard Meter is broken;
-GF Shield Defense increases AC;

The above is what I have currently and cumulatively it does a lot of mitigation & healing. I think it would be better if I VFXed in the Divinity Meter next to my Guard meter and utilized Divinity.

I was planning on respecting my GF from the Tactition Paragon to the Protector Paragon but I have been reading that GFs need to go the Conqueror Paragon to progress in T2s so I may spec my GF to do more damage and finish fights faster and thus need less healing. Currently my GF helps the party with his T1 set bonus (+60% allies Power which increases party Healing & Damage), his Holy Avenger weapon enchant, & feats to enhance 'Into the Fray' but I may reduce the party focus some and buff myself some...

I hope this info helps others...
Last edited by nodoze on Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
<<

nodoze

Post Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:58 am

zandokan wrote:Ok I was able to do 4 macros and they work very good so far
http://pastebin.com/Y9RVfFM3
This is the setup I have atm, I know you are missing a lot of stuff. Most of it is NeverBoxer from Sylver. But what I did is setup 3 heals for target 1, heal word w/o the TAB, Bastion of Heal and Astral shield with. I'm also working on a 4th which will be Heal yourself. I put the on F1-F4 just cause Im testing and is only a duo grp TANK + Healer since I hit a wall and if I dont get heals for the tank I'm not able to kill anything.
@Sylver, I need to setup a VFX to only see the source video from the action keys and hp from my healer, but when I press ALT+SHIFT+CRTL+G I cant click on anything, can you help me with that please.
I seem to get much out of Astral Seal & every third Sacred Flame as my at-will abilities. Bastion of Heal seems to have problematic Targeting but maybe would be better if I had a Dwarf tank (?). See my post above for Feats and such which cumulatively add up to help keep both the GF & DC up...
Next

Return to Neverwinter