FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Simple Target Char

Moderator: MiRai

<<

propagandalf

Post Tue May 14, 2013 9:02 am

Re: Simple Target Char

djein wrote:Does this method work for two word names like "Kat Whisperwind" do you have to put in the bind Kat_Whisperwind or does it recognize spaces?

I'm not sure about the ingame /bind command. I edit the bind text directly and spaces work fine, though it's in quotes in the bind text.

For my two name character i have:

F10 "target Sara Sofia"

...and it works fine. I imagine the ingame /bind would work the same.
<<

Norrin

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Tue May 14, 2013 9:52 am

djein wrote:Does this method work for two word names like "Kat Whisperwind" do you have to put in the bind Kat_Whisperwind or does it recognize spaces?

Only put in the first name.
So for Kat Whisperwind (cool name by the way) you put in: F1 "hardtargetlock 1 $$ target Kat"

You might hit an edge case where there are two Kat's around. Not very likely I would think.

I will try to have my complete setup done later this afternoon for everyone to view.
<<

Norrin

Post Tue May 14, 2013 9:53 am

propagandalf wrote:

I'm not sure about the ingame /bind command. I edit the bind text directly and spaces work fine, though it's in quotes in the bind text.

For my two name character i have:

F10 "target Sara Sofia"

...and it works fine. I imagine the ingame /bind would work the same.

Putting in the last name never worked for me. I will try it again with the bind.txt as I only tried in game manually.
<<

Norrin

Post Tue May 14, 2013 11:09 am

Actually looking at my keybinds file I do use last names
My Targeting of the cleric (Gwenn Droverson) is : F2 "hardtargetlock 1 $$ target Gwenn Droverson"
<<

gnetcham

Post Tue May 14, 2013 2:14 pm

Norrin wrote:Actually looking at my keybinds file I do use last names
My Targeting of the cleric (Gwenn Droverson) is : F2 "hardtargetlock 1 $$ target Gwenn Droverson"

Ill have to try that targeting format have just been doing 2 binds for each
<<

djein

Post Tue May 14, 2013 11:02 pm

I have two characters in my setup with identical first names. I know its odd but I can't change it.
<<

dgktmp1

Post Wed May 15, 2013 11:00 am

Hi, I'm new to IsBoxer and i'm trying it out with neverwinter.

I had 5 clients open and could not get it to work proprely, I was able to keybind a broadcast on all clients, but when it came to mouse clicks, they just didn't want to work. sometimes only 1 client was attacking instead of all of them, Anyone has a working configuration that could share it with me? I'd probably be able to figure out where I went wrong from that point on. Thx
<<

cmoidudu

Post Wed May 15, 2013 12:17 pm

This is because you need to target to attack something. And you will notice that your main char is obviously targeting, facing the proper direction, but in the meantime the other characters are looking at random directions most of the time, so they can't attack.
<<

Norrin

Post Wed May 15, 2013 12:19 pm

I was going to write up another complete tutorial on getting Follow/Assist working but that guide is already 3+ pages and its half done.
So I figured I would give the abridged version here.

Here are the very high level steps involved:

1. Create a NW keybinds file that has the in game keybinds for Follow, Assist, Target, and Hard Target Lock.
2. Load keybinds in game.
3. Setup ISBoxer.

1. Create the Key binds file.
I assume you know how to have the game create a bind.txt file you (you can name it what you like, I named mine binds.txt).
Here is what is in mine:
Button4 "+tacticalSpecial"
F12 "setFollow 0"
F11 "setFollow 1"
F10 "Assist"
F8 "hardtargetlock 0"
F9 "hardtargetlock 1"
F6 "team IsBoxer is awesome"
F5 "hardtargetlock 1 $$ target {Slot5}"
F4 "hardtargetlock 1 $$ target {Slot4}"
F3 "hardtargetlock 1 $$ target {Slot3}"
F2 "hardtargetlock 1 $$ target {Slot2}"
F1 "hardtargetlock 1 $$ target {Slot1}"

Make sure to change the {Slot#} to be your actual character names in game.
Example:
F1 "hardtargetlock 1 $$ target Bruce Wayne"

2. Load the bindings.
in chat use the command /bind_load_file {filename}.

3. IsBoxer Configuration
I attached my profile so you can see exactly what I did.
Here are the brief steps to get this setup.

A. Configure the Variable Keystrokes. You will need to update the Target Slot 1 - Target Slot 5 keys (or however you actually need).
You will also need to update those keys in the actual Character Variable Keystrokes as well. I found that if you do not update the actual characters the targeting will not work for some reason. Bug maybe.

Also update the Follow Target and Assist Target to be what you used in the binds.txt. In the example it was F10 for Assist and F11 for Follow.

B. Create two new mapped keys - NWCombat and NWNonCombat (The properties should look just like the others look at Non-Combat for an example).

C. In the NWCombat Mapped Keys use the New Mapped Key wizard to add keys for Mouse1, Mouse2, q, e, r, 1, 2. You could also add the other number keys used too.
Use the Assist and Broadcast type.

D. For the Mouse1 and Mouse2 keys just created, in the advanced section check the box to make them disabled when loaded. We will have a key to toggle them on.

E. For the other keys for the actual Hotkey used add a CTRL to it. So for Q it should be CTRL+Q now. This is my setup for Dualboxing. I don't have a simple
way for more than 2.

F. In the NWNonCombat create three new keys Follow, Assist, and Toggle Combat. You don't really need follow but I kept it separate in case I wanted to add something later. Make sure that the Hold Any Keystroke is set to off and the Execute a Step is set to release.

G. In the Follow add a step: Give it a Hotkey, I used ~
Key Map Actions -> New Do Mapped Key Action
Target - Window:Current (self)
Key Map - Non-Combat
Mapped Key - Follow Me

H. In the Assist add a Step:
Action 1: Add a new key map action (like the Follow) that calls the Non-Combat - Assist Me Key.
Action 2: Add a Keystroke action that sends F9 (or the HardTargetLock 1 from the binds.txt) to Windows: All w/o Current. (this step is what enabled assist to work in NW).

I. In the ToggleCombat Key add a some steps: Give it a hotkey I used Num-
Step 1: (Will toggle the Mouse Key maps on)
Action 1: Add a Key Map Action -Add Mapped Key State Action.
Target: Windows: All w/Current
Key Map: NWCombat
Mapped Key: Assist+Mouse1 and set it to ON

Action 2: Do the same action for Assist+Mouse2 key
Action 3: Add a New Menu Action - New Menu Button Action (This will toggle the new button we have not yet created that indicated if combat mouse is on or not)
Target: Windows: All w/Current
Menu Button to Change:
Button 3 in Button Set Toggles. Click on the Arrow thing it will open a dialog. Select Button Set: Toggles and set button to 3.
Check the Images box and select Repeater On for Background, and repeater pressed for Background pressed.

Step 2: (Will toggle the Mouse Key maps off)
Action 1 and 2: do the reverse of Actions 1 and 2 in step 1. That is turn the Mapped Key to off.
Action 3. Same as the Action 3 in step on only this time set the Background image to Repeater off, and background pressed to repeater pressed.

Hopefully that covered everything. Look at my config for an example.
You should notice that the default Repeater (Mouse and Key) now has 3 of them. The third one is for toggling the Combat mouse on and off. You will want to keep those off while not in combat as it really screws up clicking around with it on. Also not that once it is toggled on you have to use the hot key to turn it off. One the issues with using the mouse hot key is it for reason makes it so you cant click on any ISBoxer ui item.

[Edit] Fixed the error in the ToggleCombat mapped key.[/edit]
Attachments
NWDualTeam1.xml
(145.15 KiB) Downloaded 916 times
Last edited by Norrin on Wed May 15, 2013 6:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<<

propagandalf

Post Wed May 15, 2013 3:00 pm

I've got a weird issue. I've got a Left Click (Mouse1) and Right Click (Mouse2) combat keymap with assisting set up.

<Target Slot {SLOT}> -> All other
<Assist Taret> -> all other
Mouse1 -> all
F12 -> all other (this is bind for hardtargetlock 1)
F11 -> all other (this is bind for hardtargetlock 0... just clear any hardlocking that I was finding on occasion)

These work great, no issues. However, my Guardian Fighter has to hold down shift often for blocking, so Shift + Mouse1 and Shift + Mouse2 won't trigger these combat keybinds.

So, I created alternates for each of them is ISboxer, and assigned Shift+Mouse1 and Shift+Mouse2 for each alternate, respectively.

These work fine, as well, but for some reason they're spamming my ingame chat. I constantly get:

[System Notify]: Unknown command "SetDemoFlag".

Any ideas?
PreviousNext

Return to Neverwinter