FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Interact With Target problems

Moderator: MiRai

<<

OzHawkeye

Post Sun Jun 06, 2010 6:49 am

Interact With Target problems

Hello,

I've decided to implement Interact With Target now my team is 80 and needs to really perform to do Heroics. Unfortunately I'm getting VERY inconsistent results with it. Sometimes one of my followers won't do it (and it can change each time, between all 4 working, or 1 not, or 2 working and 2 not). There *seems* to be an issue around the FTL Assist me I think.

The behaviour just seems completely random. Also, when I bring them back to me, they're still in melee combat mode.

I've uploaded my ISBoxer export and can provide answers to any questions that might help diagnose this problem. Right now, IWT is unusable since it's not reliable (given some error I must have made I'm sure).
Attachments
ISExport.txt
(109.08 KiB) Downloaded 593 times
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sun Jun 06, 2010 11:36 am

Re: Interact With Target problems

Key Maps are collections of Mapped Keys, you can combine all of those Key Maps that have 1 Mapped Keys each into one that has all your Mapped Keys for Cael Paladins ;)

Interact with Target is something that you may need to hit more than once, so it may be somewhat of an inconvenience to have it re-follow you every 2nd time you hit the key. Especially if you are relying on the auto-assist. The only problem I see with assist being on this IWT key design is that /assist is client side, based on the last known target for the unit you are assisting. When you target something, your client sends a message to the server telling it your new target, and then the server needs to send a message to your other clients to tell them your new target. That means that if you are targeting and hitting the key fast enough after, your other guys might not pick up the target -- so they will either IWT on nothing, or on what they previously had targeted.

If you want to prevent that from happening, assist before doing IWT instead and watch them to make sure they take the target.

I don't know what order you're doing things in to tell you what might be going wrong, but if you're guessing it's related to the assist, then the above is the only thing I can think of.

As far as melee combat mode, pressing IWT with an enemy targeted will automatically do the same thing as /startattack (or pressing an action bar button set to Attack), so that's to be expected unless you turn autoattack off or the mob dies, etc.
<<

OzHawkeye

Post Sun Jun 06, 2010 7:05 pm

lax wrote:Key Maps are collections of Mapped Keys, you can combine all of those Key Maps that have 1 Mapped Keys each into one that has all your Mapped Keys for Cael Paladins ;)

Funny you should mention that, in going through the config to look for things that might be wrong and to export it to post it here, I noticed that the mapped keys I'd made when I first started using ISBoxer weren't in the General Key Map. I've since moved them in there, except for the healing and mount macros (which I want to work even when keymaps are turned off). This then allowed me to remove some redundant statments from the broadcast mapped key statements.

lax wrote:Interact with Target is something that you may need to hit more than once, so it may be somewhat of an inconvenience to have it re-follow you every 2nd time you hit the key. Especially if you are relying on the auto-assist. The only problem I see with assist being on this IWT key design is that /assist is client side, based on the last known target for the unit you are assisting. When you target something, your client sends a message to the server telling it your new target, and then the server needs to send a message to your other clients to tell them your new target. That means that if you are targeting and hitting the key fast enough after, your other guys might not pick up the target -- so they will either IWT on nothing, or on what they previously had targeted.

If you want to prevent that from happening, assist before doing IWT instead and watch them to make sure they take the target.

I don't know what order you're doing things in to tell you what might be going wrong, but if you're guessing it's related to the assist, then the above is the only thing I can think of.

As far as melee combat mode, pressing IWT with an enemy targeted will automatically do the same thing as /startattack (or pressing an action bar button set to Attack), so that's to be expected unless you turn autoattack off or the mob dies, etc.

Did some more testing today. Here's exactly what happened.

1. I'm in the Filfthy Animal Inn in Dalaran.

2. All toons have no target. Leader then selects Kgunghee NPC as a target. I hit the Insert key to which I have IWT mapped.

3. Toons 2,3,4,5 select Kyunghee as their target. However, only 2,3,5 move to him and interact (open NPC trading menu). Toon 4 begins to move to him but stops halfway.

4. After a short delay (10 seconds), I press IWT key again (Leader still has Kyunghee selected). All four followers move back to the Leader.

5. Leader selects Uda the Beast (innkeeper). I press IWT.

6. This works properly. All four toons move to Uda and open the Innkeepers menu.

7. Leader re-selects Kyunghee.

8. I press IWT key again. Nothing happens.

9. I press IWT key again. Toons 2 and 4 run to Kyunghee but conitnue running past him into the wall. Toon 3 started to run to him, got halfway and stopped. Toon 5 is still engaged with the open innkeepers menu.

Hope this helps. It shows how "random" it appears to be and why I can't use it in combat at the moment, because I can't even predict what it'll do.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sun Jun 06, 2010 7:39 pm

Well, for #8 it sounds like this one should make them re-follow your leader, unless you pressed IWT again between 6 and 8. I'd recommend dropping Step 2 from your IWT mapped key, so that every time you hit it it's just going to IWT. If you need them to re-follow you, hit Alt+F for normal follow or Shift+Alt+F for follow strobing (possibly twice since it's a toggle)

As far as running past, the way IWT works is your guys run straight toward the mob. If it moves, your guys will just keep running in the same direction -- they only stop if they were able to get close enough to interact by moving in the same direction (they wont turn to the mob when it moves) from when you hit the key. Sometimes they get close enough and do stop but don't interact. These are just quirks (or bugs) with how IWT + CTM works in WoW, and this is why it is helpful to be able to hit the key multiple times instead of always having a second step that re-follows you. That's also helpful when you want all of your guys to loot a quest item -- you're going to have to spam the key a bunch because only 1 guy at a time can loot the quest item.

Anyway, IWT+CTM is indeed somewhat unreliable, and I think they partially intended that.
<<

OzHawkeye

Post Wed Jun 09, 2010 7:37 am

Thanks for the speedy reply as always Lax.

It's a shame to hear that IWT isn't as stable as it could be. For the moment, I think I'll continue to forgo using it too much in dungeons, since I can never be sure of what the four Rets are exactly going to do when I press the key... lol.

I haven't had too much trouble anyway without it. The rets dps is substantially higher than my prots so I feel confident they're not just sitting there fat dumb and happy in between spellcasts.

Return to General