Siege of Mirkwood doesn't like Innerspace/ISBoxer

Moderator: MiRai

<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Thu Dec 03, 2009 11:58 am

Re: Siege of Mirkwood doesn't like Innerspace/ISBoxer

Thanks for the information everyone.

If you're getting the "Unspecified patch error" during Examine game data, try SilentSpace's solution (directly above this reply) for now. I've verified this issue and will see if it's something I can fix or work around (I don't see why not). It sounds like this particular problem would happen without IS/ISBoxer.

I'll be working on this and the other issues mentioned, and testing on XP, Vista, and Windows 7. Sorry for the wait, I know you're all itching to get back to multiboxing LOTRO!
<<

truwen

Post Thu Dec 03, 2009 1:55 pm

Thanks LAX! ISboxer makes my lotro fun!

Now to add to the post. I am on WinVista 64. I am using the developer build, everything launches for the first client. But the second client gives the error everyone is mentioning. I will be making a couple of copies of lotro directory, since that is obviously the only work around at this point.

Thanks for your hard work Lax!

-Truwen/Frostt
<<

Xtremepayne

Post Thu Dec 03, 2009 2:17 pm

I have been doing Silent Space's way with a big twist, Each one of my instances run on its own hard drive. I do this on both my laptop and desktop systems.

Laptop Windows Vista 32 Home Premium. Which works with Mirkwood.
Desktop Windows XP 64. Which does not work with Mirkwood.

On the desktop system I have mine called Lotro C Drive, Lotro D Drive, Lotro E Drive. I have always ran this way. So I am using different locations for each.

I have tried developmental build and non. Non produces the error, and the developmental way produces a crash just as it gets to Examine Game Data.

I thought it might be a userprefences problem but I compaired all 3 of what I have on each machine and they are all the same. I do run the user preference for each character option.

Funny how Vista will do it and XP won't. And all this time I thought Vista was Evil ;)
<<

SilentSpace

Post Thu Dec 03, 2009 2:28 pm

Just for information:

I run Windows 7 Ultimate x64 and use the developmental build of Innerspace.
Windows 7 x64
Intel 2600k, 16 GB RAM, EVGA 580SC, ADATA SSD 120GB
Lotro, Riders of Rohan, German Server
<<

Methan

Post Thu Dec 03, 2009 3:18 pm

Hi

I'm using a 4 char setup on 2 computers. One is Vista 64 and the other XP. I work with 2 copies of lotro on each PC.
Non develomental build doesn't work at all -> getting the error described above in chuvakuhns post.
with developmental patch, it works on vista 64 but not on XP. There the game crashes when the launcher gets to "Examine Game Data".

Thx for your effort lax!

Methan
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Thu Dec 03, 2009 7:22 pm

Okay, an update for you Windows XP folks: Inner Space build 5069 is now available as a development build, as of a few minutes ago. This fixes a problem that caused the LOTRO launcher to crash without an error message. If you're already on the development build, it will patch itself when you close and restart IS. If not, see below for how to do it.

So, to recap...

If the LOTRO launcher is giving "Unspecified patch error":
The solution is quiet simple.
Copy Lotro in different folders (as how often as you will run instances on your computer).
Start Innerspace and use the menu "add Game".
Add a game maybe called Lotro2 and direct it to one of the new folders of Lotro.
Repeat it for every instance.

Start ISBoxer and load your config.
Go to characters. Set for each char a different game (Lotro1, Lotro2, ...) so each char is loaded from a different directory.

Thats it! And it works because you can start multible instances of Lotro if they are in different directories. :-)

If the LOTRO launcher is "disappearing", or "crashing silently" once it gets to Examine Game Data:
Switch to the development build of Inner Space. To do this, right click IS and select Patcher, then check "Download development (test) patches" and close and re-start IS. When it comes back up, wait for it to patch itself, and then this problem should be solved when you launch again. Later on (after this build is officially live) you can switch back to the live build.

If another problem started happening since Siege of Mirkwood release, please try the development build as well.
<<

tony0311

Post Thu Dec 03, 2009 8:11 pm

I am setting up a friends machine (XP) and am having a slightly different problem. I have seperate folders for LOTRO instances and am using the Development Patches. I use the same config on my machine (Vista).

When you launch LOTRO through Inner Space, The splash screen appears and gets to "Getting data centers" then a popup "Setup Error: Failed to load resources from resource file. Please check your setup". This does not happen when launched normally.

Thanks for your help.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Thu Dec 03, 2009 8:28 pm

tony0311 wrote:I am setting up a friends machine (XP) and am having a slightly different problem. I have seperate folders for LOTRO instances and am using the Development Patches. I use the same config on my machine (Vista).

When you launch LOTRO through Inner Space, The splash screen appears and gets to "Getting data centers" then a popup "Setup Error: Failed to load resources from resource file. Please check your setup". This does not happen when launched normally.

Thanks for your help.

This happened to me on one XP machine that had a broken installation of .NET. See https://lotrosupport.codemasters.com/index.php?_m=knowledgebase&_a=viewarticle&kbarticleid=5079&nav=0,67
<<

Nonpareil

Post Thu Dec 03, 2009 10:03 pm

Howdy:

No luck for me. Multiple LOtRO folders does allow multiple LotRO's to run (which is new, I was doing everything from one folder previously), but the development build (5069) still silently crashes out for me at the Examine Game Data step and without the development build the first LotRO launched isn't "boxed" and it doesn't try to launch the second and third. This is XP.

I went to Fry's to get Windows 64 Ultimate which I'll try tomorrow unless there are further developments here. ;)
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Thu Dec 03, 2009 10:15 pm

:o Oops, you're right. I missed the fix in 5069. This happens sometimes when I have to use lots of different PCs to work on this ;)

5070 is now up and has the fix in it
PreviousNext

Return to Lord of the Rings Online