FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Best Six Man Team

Moderator: MiRai

<<

r06ue1

Post Sat Feb 02, 2019 9:51 am

Best Six Man Team

I am looking to get back into LOTRO, been away since 2013 and kind of miss it and wanted to start over again.

For a six man group I can't decide between the last two classes:

Guardian
Champion
Hunter
Minstrel
Runekeeper (or Captain)
Loremaster (or Captain)

I love both the RK and LM but nearly everyone says that Captain should be in a group. Want to get others thoughts on which class makes more sense to swap out for the Captain or if it is even necessary.

Thanks
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Sat Feb 02, 2019 10:10 am

Re: Best Six Man Team

If the decision 2 of the 3 between Captain, Runekeeper and Loremaster, and you want to include a Captain, I'd be going Captain and Loremaster. Captain can heal, like an RK, and can also do decent damage (more one on one, than AOE). The LM is purely for the crowd control (and a few AOEs)
<<

r06ue1

Post Sat Feb 02, 2019 11:37 am

Thanks Bob.

So if I wasn't set on a Captain, would you think RK and LM would be better than a Captain and a LM or would you still recommend the Captain over the RK?
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Sat Feb 02, 2019 11:58 am

I like RK's. As a backup healer, while doing decent DPS they're damn good, although I've found multiboxing them effectively is hard. If you need to switch modes, it requires you do a bunch of things in a fairly tight order to be really effective at it. A Captain on the other hand, is fairly effective all the time, although they really come into their own if you can get them with a Killing Blow all the time, and then the chances of your party falling are fairly low.

I've run around with a Captain and 5 RK's before. Quite fun.
<<

r06ue1

Post Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:21 am

Thanks for the advice.

I've created both a RK and a Captain, still torn between the two. I like the RK for more DPS and as a backup healer but like you said, the Captain is easier for multiboxing so trying it for now.

Return to Lord of the Rings Online