FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Cannot run more than 3 accounts

Moderator: MiRai

<<

JimmiCaponePureheart

Post Tue Jul 24, 2018 1:49 pm

Cannot run more than 3 accounts

Hello,

I can run 3 accounts with no problem but when I load in a 4 account everything begin to lag and the computer almost freezes. If I ALT+F4 out of one of the accounts the last 3 accounts start to run at full speed right away.

My plan is to run 5 or 6 accounts but so far i'm stuck on 3 accounts.

I have reinstalled my Windows 10.

I have tried all kinds of CPU setups, right now im running:

slot1: CPU1,2
Slot2: CPU3,4
SLot3; CPU5,6
slot4: CPU7,8

I have just added a new SSD disk so now have 2 SSD and 2 HDD disks.

I have tried to put the install folders on separate SSD disks and also one folder on each of the 4 harddrives.

I have tried changing and removing framerate limit for both foreground and background.

I have no resource overload, CPU goes to around 65% there are some CPU peaks but never when it hangs.
RAM uses around 15GB out of 32GB

DISKS are mostly under 10% load.

And i have tried with World of warcraft also, and it is the same error, when i log in the fourth account all accounts go down to 0,5 - 2 framerates.

The cpu is i7-5930k
DDR4 RAM 32GB
1SSD 480GB
1SSD 480GB
1HDD 6TB
1HDD 12TB
GPU: 3xSLI GTX980
model: AlienWare A51

i been struggeling with this for over a year, now i give up and come to you for help. (First time on a forum)
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Tue Jul 24, 2018 5:29 pm

Re: Cannot run more than 3 accounts

Well, for starters, SLI doesn't really work too well with a lot of MMO's. Generally not much call for it.

So, first thing is always going to be in SLI and run a the games via a single card, using ONLY a monitor DIRECTLY plugged into that card. If that works, then we know where the issue is.

Second thing, is the best CPU strategy, unless there are very specific issues, is always to use all cpus for all windows (the last option in the drop down of the CPU strategy wizard).

Third thing is, most general issues are noted on the "How to tweak your Framerate" wiki entry.

Forth, you only need 1 installation of the game. Multiple installations prevent Windows from cache/load/memory optimizing.

Last thing is, a compatibility diagnostic is always a decent starting point for us.
<<

Gorthu

Post Tue Jul 24, 2018 9:35 pm

Sorry to blow the bubble Bob, but there is something happening and it started today. I have been running 4 accounts for years. Today I went to add a 5th one and now I can only run 3. I ran 4 yesterday. Now why would we suddenly have this issue? I'm not running SLI. I'm still trying to troubleshoot mine. I did change the window layout, so I'm still trying to see if it's me or if there is a bug in IS.
<<

pinoiski

Post Tue Jul 24, 2018 10:05 pm

Gorthu wrote:Sorry to blow the bubble Bob, but there is something happening and it started today. I have been running 4 accounts for years. Today I went to add a 5th one and now I can only run 3. I ran 4 yesterday. Now why would we suddenly have this issue? I'm not running SLI. I'm still trying to troubleshoot mine. I did change the window layout, so I'm still trying to see if it's me or if there is a bug in IS.

I run 6 accounts ok with the same computer except i have only one SSD and 2 video cards. I have a stacked window layout with 2160x1440 resolution. Also have 2 additional dxNothing slots (1 on separate 1980x1200 monitor).

Game settings is: Character I control is set to Very high, the other 5 set to medium.
<<

Gorthu

Post Tue Jul 24, 2018 10:59 pm

pinoiski wrote:
Gorthu wrote:Sorry to blow the bubble Bob, but there is something happening and it started today. I have been running 4 accounts for years. Today I went to add a 5th one and now I can only run 3. I ran 4 yesterday. Now why would we suddenly have this issue? I'm not running SLI. I'm still trying to troubleshoot mine. I did change the window layout, so I'm still trying to see if it's me or if there is a bug in IS.

I run 6 accounts ok with the same computer except i have only one SSD and 2 video cards. I have a stacked window layout with 2160x1440 resolution. Also have 2 additional dxNothing slots (1 on separate 1980x1200 monitor).

Game settings is: Character I control is set to Very high, the other 5 set to medium.

Yeah, I have run 4 and 5 in the past. I have all 5 running now. If you noticed, I mentioned I ran 4 yesterday with no trouble. It was when I added the 5th that I had problems TODAY. I now have all 5 running. However, I am using a Dell laptop. Depending on if I have an external monitor connected and the lid open or closed, depends if the game will load or crash. It appears that ISBoxer is not identifying the external monitor as Display 2, but rather as Display 4. As long as I start the game up with my laptop lid in the open position, there seems to be no problem.
<<

bob

Post Wed Jul 25, 2018 2:39 am

Gorthu wrote: It appears that ISBoxer is not identifying the external monitor as Display 2, but rather as Display 4
ISboxer shows you the internal windows device name for the display, not the pretty numbers that the WIndows Control Panel shows you. This means that sometimes, the numbers do not match up.
What the device name is depends on several factors, such as driver, physical connection, graphics card, and just general Windowyness. They can change during driver updates, or installing other services that install virtual displays (like Hyper-V), or by plugging into a different connector.

As for the LOTRO problems, you might want to try the dev build. There are updates going on to lotro, and the dev build contains a couple of fixes to help with it. You might also want to try selecting the legacy client in the launcher, which will revert to the older lotro client (part of the recent lotro update pushed out a new client).

To try the dev build.
Right click Inner Space, select Patcher, select (it's a the red dot) the option for "Download development (test) patches"". Then right click Inner Space, select Exit. Reload Inner Space again, see if it that fixes it.
<<

JimmiCaponePureheart

Post Wed Jul 25, 2018 10:29 am

Thanks for answers and the help. i actually got it to work last night. sorry for the late reply i been gaming all night.

Now the solution is the wirdest thing you will ever guess..

Here is what i did:

I made a fresh installation of windows 10 on the second SSD disk. and then.... i did nothing else. No nvidia drivers, no chipset drivers, i have a device manager that is full of yellow question marks, diskcontroller on standard driver etc.

and LOTRO now works with 6 accounts on isboxer, with 50-70 framerate and even a horse run through bree without so much as a hint of lag. AND the system is running without breaking a sweat - no loud fans. Graphic is set to ultrahigh dx11 with AA x 8 on all 6 accounts. it is simply amazing!!

I just can't believe why this is running so good. On the old installation i followed this very prof and detailed guide https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread ... g-Analysis

Unthariel is very Scientificly explaining why LOTRO is bad programmed and can never work without stuttering. And the best you can do is have an SSD disk and a CPU overclocked as high as possible.(All this i tried on the old installation and it did help but still an unplayable setup and with all fans blowing me out of the room) hmm.. well the cure is to use a fresh win 10 installation with no drivers, i'm just amazed, hope this information can be of help to others.
<<

Gorthu

Post Wed Jul 25, 2018 2:02 pm

bob wrote:
Gorthu wrote: It appears that ISBoxer is not identifying the external monitor as Display 2, but rather as Display 4
ISboxer shows you the internal windows device name for the display, not the pretty numbers that the WIndows Control Panel shows you. This means that sometimes, the numbers do not match up.
What the device name is depends on several factors, such as driver, physical connection, graphics card, and just general Windowyness. They can change during driver updates, or installing other services that install virtual displays (like Hyper-V), or by plugging into a different connector.

As for the LOTRO problems, you might want to try the dev build. There are updates going on to lotro, and the dev build contains a couple of fixes to help with it. You might also want to try selecting the legacy client in the launcher, which will revert to the older lotro client (part of the recent lotro update pushed out a new client).

To try the dev build.
Right click Inner Space, select Patcher, select (it's a the red dot) the option for "Download development (test) patches"". Then right click Inner Space, select Exit. Reload Inner Space again, see if it that fixes it.

I did as you suggested. I even went one step further and recreated a new ISBoxer script. Now I get the error message it can't find the correct display no matter what I do.

UPDATE:

Now, I can get 4 running. The fifth always crashes after pressing PLAY on the server select screen.
<<

bob

Post Wed Jul 25, 2018 4:44 pm

Can you confirm if you are on dev build 6302 ?
Also, you can try reverting to 6260, and see if that works ?
https://www.lavishsoft.com/innerspace/archives

Let us know as it will limit what needs to be looked at?
Last edited by bob on Wed Jul 25, 2018 6:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: updated dev build number
<<

Gorthu

Post Wed Jul 25, 2018 6:43 pm

The info popup says Build 6301.

UPDATE:

I am using build 6294, now. I can run five accounts now. HOWEVER!!! I can only start up to three at a time, then once those are running, I can get the other two running. This was never a problem in the past.

I did discover that a lot of the keys (variables) - I'm using a lot of virtual keys and they lost their mapping. REMEMBER, I've been using this profile for a year with no problems boxing four accounts. I had used it on Monday (July 24) then Tuesday (July 25) I started having the problem when I added the fifth account. But I did update IS on Tuesday, also.
Last edited by Gorthu on Thu Jul 26, 2018 7:28 am, edited 2 times in total.
Next

Return to Lord of the Rings Online