FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Using Quick setup wizard and cant get it working

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Stoise

Post Wed May 16, 2018 8:12 pm

Using Quick setup wizard and cant get it working

Hi,

Old boxer coming back to box in Lord Of The Rings. But this time I cant even get follow or assist to work. I did use the wizard to set up the game and so far the only thing i got to work ingame is using my skills and adding hotkey Ctrl + Space to jump with the other characters.

As last time is watched this setup video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_xAyfEQ_Rk Can see that new version has changed it somewhat but should not the wizard make the basic functions work atleast. 2nd day of testing with bit limited time ending and hopefully tomorrow I will make some progress.
<<

Stoise

Post Fri May 25, 2018 2:53 am

Re: Using Quick setup wizard and cant get it working

Have it sort of working now if I use the Wizard, not as it should and effective and I need to do some improvements.

Assist (Bound to F) - Does what it supposed to do.
Use/interact (Bound to U)- Does nothing
Follow (Bound to CTRL + F) - Depending on what I have in target. If nothing it jumps between myself or my pet. If i target something else all follow that target. If i target my self with F1, next I click F for assist and finally CTRL + F to follow all characters start running in a cirlce. I follow my pet and others follow me :)
Clickbars all work apart from "Shift". Each restart of Inner Space resets that bar and i have to move it, sync and save. Rarely mouse click on this bar works and I end up having to use keyboard commands and also change active window to each character to preform that action.

If i start a chat the letters U and F do not work without me turning off Key Broadcasting, guess that is caused by the keymaps I use for Assist and Use, will change these for something else.

Have some work to do but getting there :D
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Fri May 25, 2018 6:54 am

It really sounds like you are missing a couple of things.
Quick one is, yes, if you want to type in CHAT, you need to disable Key Maps (SHIFT+ALT+M or the left button in the toggle overlay), otherwise you have ISboxer grabbing the hotkeys it is configured to grab. ISboxer has no idea you clicked in the chat box, it is still part of the game window, so it's behaviour will still apply unless you turn it off.

Use/Interact requires a few things to be in place.
  • In the game options, needs to be bound. This is normally U for Use.
  • In the Toolkit, under Variable Keystrokes, needs to be bound to Interact With Target. This should match what is bound in Game, and is normally U.
  • In the Toolkit, under Key Maps, ISb42 Base Hotkeys, Interact With Target, the Hotkey here is what you press to trigger the in game Use bind. It can be U too if you like.

Follow is a bit more complicated.
Follow in LOTRO needs to first target a toon, then use the follow bind, so, provided you left the default options on the Wizard for the Follow/Assist mode (which should be "Target current Slot, then Follow/Assist Target", then there is a table for who targets who. This is per slot in the character set because LOTRO being tricky does not always make it consistent.
Anyway to check out what key each slot is configured to press to target a toon of a different slot, look at
And test it out in game. i.e. for the character in slot one, make them your main, and press the F1 to F6 keys, and check who they target. Do they target the characters in the slot for the given key. Normally it is slots 4 5 and 6 that can be a bit strange.

NOTE: for LOTRO you must invite/accept to fellowship, in the same order every time (usually best to be slot 1 invites all the others, and you accept in order 2, 3, 4, 5, 6) for a given team, or this config gets all broken every time.

The second part of Follow, will be under Variable Keystrokes, and is the Follow Target bind. This needs to match what you have in game.
The third part of Follow is under Key Maps, ISB42 - Base Hotkeys, Follow Me mapped key. This is the hotkey you want to press for Follow. It can match your in game bind, or be something else if you want.

As for pets. They make it annoying for a leader, as if you use the hotkey to target someone with a pet it depends on your original target who it results in. i.e. if I press F2 to target a LM party leader and I have nothing targeted, it will target the LM. If I press F2 again, it will target the LM's pet. F2 again will go back to the LM. So if you want to lead with someone with a pet, you need to modify the setup. Covered in this post... viewtopic.php?p=43656#p43656

Not sure about the clickbar thing. They are Menus, so make sure you are saving on the Menus tab. If it is not saving position and you are using the Menus tab, then that is a bit strange, but you can potentially fix that by going to the C:\Program Files (x86)\InnerSpace\Scripts folder, and deleting the ISBoxer.Menus.CHARACTERSET.CHARACTER.xml files, and setting your preferred positions again, and saving it so it rewrites the saved positions.

/e: forgot to mention.... viewtopic.php?f=22&t=13
<<

Stoise

Post Fri May 25, 2018 1:51 pm

Ohh thank you for the reply, I will test it out as soon as i get home :)

Return to Lord of the Rings Online