FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Healing problem

Moderator: MiRai

<<

tanker

Post Tue Jan 04, 2011 11:29 pm

Healing problem

I'm running a six man team with a guardian, mini healer, and four hunters. I currently have three heal buttons setup, 'heal tank', 'heal healer', and 'AOE heal'.

The 'heal tank' button (based on others' work) is:

Step 1: F1 -> healer
Mini Spam in Combat Key Map 'Off' -> healer
Step 2: F2 -> healer
2 -> healer

Mini Spam is what the minstrel does when not casting direct heals, primarily tiering up ballads.

Unfortunately, the heal is applied to the healer more than 50% of the time, which is a major problem. How are others handling this problem?

Also, does it matter which window target is selected when I turn off the Mini Spam?
<<

Thrae

Post Fri Jan 07, 2011 3:51 pm

Re: Healing problem

For healing hotkeys, I've actually had better luck with this issue by putting the F1 and F2 keys both in Step 1....although I haven't tested if this impacts skirmish selections though...

So my heal is

Step 1
F1 -> Healer
F2 -> Healer
Step 2
HealKey -> Healer
<<

ericpijl

Post Fri Jan 07, 2011 5:32 pm

Well you don't have a class with a pet so you can drop the 'select self' key and just use
Step 1
F2 -> healer
Step 2
Healkey -> healer

I couldn't get a solid solution that includes the 'select self' key using 1 keyboard key either. The selection switch is just not instant and it bugs the game. Sometimes you even see the right target selected but the game (or the server?) thinks you still have the other target selected.

edit: ah right, forgot about skirmishes. best solution will be to use 2 keys then, 1 to select the target and 1 to heal.
<<

Druanor

Post Tue Feb 08, 2011 4:03 pm

Ok for the most part I understand this, however I have a couple of questions.

When you say:
Step 1
F2 -> healer

What do you mean exactly by "healer"? I know we are trying to target just the healer character here, so do you use:
1. Character slot2(charname)
2. Charcter:(charname)
3. Group (all of):Healers

Secondly, how would you setup targeting for a pet class character? I have a friend that plays a Captain and I would like to heal his pet. How would you target a skirmish pet?
ah right, forgot about skirmishes. best solution will be to use 2 keys then, 1 to select the target and 1 to heal.
how would you accomplish that?

Thanks for the thread, good info here.
<<

tanker

Post Wed Feb 09, 2011 12:32 pm

Druanor wrote:Ok for the most part I understand this, however I have a couple of questions.

When you say:
Step 1
F2 -> healer

What do you mean exactly by "healer"? I know we are trying to target just the healer character here, so do you use:
1. Character slot2(charname)
2. Charcter:(charname)
3. Group (all of):Healers

#2: one of my characters in isboxer is named 'healer'.

Druanor wrote:Secondly, how would you setup targeting for a pet class character? I have a friend that plays a Captain and I would like to heal his pet. How would you target a skirmish pet?
ah right, forgot about skirmishes. best solution will be to use 2 keys then, 1 to select the target and 1 to heal.
how would you accomplish that?

Thanks for the thread, good info here.

The same method should work to target soldiers.

Key down: F1 to target self
Key up: Fx to target player
Key down: Fx again to target player's soldier (or pet)
Key up: Cast heal

should work, but i haven't tried it myself. I don't worry too much about healing the soldiers, and just re-summon them after every boss fight.

Return to Lord of the Rings Online