FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Mouse clicks not picked up in second window, but cursor is..

Moderator: MiRai

<<

dlphelan

Post Thu Dec 09, 2010 2:46 pm

Mouse clicks not picked up in second window, but cursor is..

Running LOTRO.

Have two client windows open.

When I mouse over the 2nd (non main) window, LOTRO picks up the mouse cursor and shows it as I move it around the screen, but does not register any clicks. I can't seem to figure out why this is. Any thoughts?

David
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Thu Dec 09, 2010 3:55 pm

Re: Mouse clicks not picked up in second window, but cursor is..

Did you not create this Character Set through the Quick Setup Wizard?

There's an option in your Character Set that the wizard enables for you, which would not otherwise be enabled by default. Select your Character Set in the top pane, then in the bottom right pane make sure "Make game believe it is foreground window (EQ1,EQ2,LOTRO)" is checked.
<<

dlphelan

Post Thu Dec 09, 2010 5:34 pm

That option is checked, as well as the box that keeps the game from repositioning windows. All the games are set to D3D9 as well, so it shouldn't be the DX10 issue.

I'm at work, otherwise I'd post my settings, I'll do that when I get home.
<<

quikdraw

Post Wed Dec 29, 2010 10:38 pm

I'm having a similar issue after adding a new character to my team. I can see and move the mouse cursor, and click on items in the world, but not on anything in the UI (options, toolbars, etc). By changing the resolution like viewtopic.php?f=9&t=815 I can now click on most of the UI, but still cannot access the main toolbar (bottom of screen).

<update> I solved my problem by selecting a different resolution (1680 x 840). Native resolution is 1680 x 1050 and I'm 4 boxing with a slave region for all 4 toons.

Return to Lord of the Rings Online