FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Harvesting and Looting on secondary accounts

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Alge

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Sat May 06, 2017 4:11 am

Harvesting and Looting on secondary accounts

Looting mainly occurs automatically in LOTRO now, which I love. However, when you harvest a resource node you still get a loot window that needs to be clicked.

Has anyone come up with a good method of harvesting on secondary accounts? My current method is:

• Select node on main
  • Have all characters assist main
  • Press IWT (use selection) hotkey which is broadcast to all harvesters and initiates harvesting of the node.
  • When harvesting completes, move mouse over VideoFX Viewer of slot in a dxNothing window and click the tiny little button on the loot window.

I could do something with cursor-based VideoFX maybe but I'd like to hear whether anyone else has come up with a creative solution yet.

EDIT: list formatting fail.
<<

bob

Post Sat May 06, 2017 4:53 am

Re: Harvesting and Looting on secondary accounts

For the last bit, I tend to use SHIFT+Mouse1 as a hotkey to broadcast Mouse1 to all windows, with a cursor sync action going first........

The Assist and Use are on a single 2 step mapped key, set to execute on Press or Release.
So the routine is

Select node, press hotkey1, wait, press shift+mouse1 on loot button.

edit:

To be fair I made it a little more sophisticated later on after using the above system. I actually use a menu system for it now, so I select the node on the main, click on the appropriate menu button (for different node item types) which sends the correct harvester to the node (which rotates them on a round robin basis) - it also drops them out of my follow group so they don't get recalled by other actions (most actions I've set to direct to the follow group), and then later I hit the loot button which is also a carefully placed button that will appear based on a timer, which I then click and it does the sync/mouse1 to all the harvesters (because I couldn't easily determine who was doing what by this time), so they loot, close the window and rejoin the follower group, and if they're not too far away will rejoin the rest of the team on the next hit of the follow hotkey.
<<

Alge

Post Sat May 06, 2017 10:35 am

I have discovered it is quite a bit easier. There is a UI Setting called "Always Loot All" that does exactly what it says when I enabled it. Problem solved!
<<

bob

Post Sat May 06, 2017 10:43 am

Err, yeah, I kinda assumed you had that selected already, and were talking about those weird items that force the loot window open..... Sry, should have mentioned that up front.
<<

Alge

Post Sat May 06, 2017 10:50 am

No probs. Maybe this thread will help others too some day.

Return to Lord of the Rings Online