FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

dx10 and mouse look

Moderator: MiRai

<<

kasmar45

Post Mon Dec 06, 2010 2:27 am

dx10 and mouse look

I know that dx10 is not supported in ISBoxer, but I am running the development set of patches and I thought it did work there. In fact, ISBoxer does load and run LOTRO with DX10, but there is a rather serious problem. I control my chars using mouse look. I do not like using the keyboard to move my char around so I use my mouse. When I am using DX10 and ISBoxer I cannot control the camera ingame. Even the slightest movement of the camera causes the screen to gyrate wildly. Does ISBoxer interact with the game camera in some way? When I run DX10 without ISBoxer everything is fine.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Mon Dec 06, 2010 9:46 am

Re: dx10 and mouse look

If LOTRO is in DX10 mode, ISBoxer is not likely to have any effect on the game window, or the mouse. ISBoxer will simply not recognize that the game window is running. DirectX11 mode, on the other hand, should work fine.

ISBoxer doesn't affect the game cameras at all. It does affect the mouse (and other input devices), which might affect mouselook. If you really do have the game set to DirectX10 mode, the behavior may be unpredictable...

Return to Lord of the Rings Online