FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Launcher works, game will not load

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Icywebs

Post Mon Aug 15, 2016 9:01 pm

Launcher works, game will not load

I had a working ISBoxer, then Windows updated itself to Windows 10. It didn't work there, I reinstalled it and all the components, reinstalled the game. No avail.

I reverted back to Windows 7 because Windows 10 was upsetting me. Again, uninstalled ENTIRELY and reinstalled ISBoxer, LotRO, and got it to work once.

I went to bed. Got up. Came back. Logged in annnnnnnnnnd nothing.

I had a friend try to help me with remote access. We deleted the cache files and it worked once, then didn't after repeated use of this method.

We completely uninstalled my Avast, no change.

Here are the specs
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Mon Aug 15, 2016 9:56 pm

Re: Launcher works, game will not load

Sadly, your ISBoxer profile is probably not the cause of your problems. Your Inner Space/ISBoxer install, is also more than likely not the cause of your problems.

It is usually:
1. Other software that doesn't get along with Inner Space/ISBoxer (ok, this might be considered a problem with Inner Space/ISBoxer too, but it is generally because other said software is not designed to play nice).
2. Some kind of corruption or just plain bad luck (the lotro launcher just doesn't work nicely for some people for some reason - hence some of us use a cmdlinelauncher -> see this thread <-- warning contains a lot of chaff in the thread). Although I can use the standard Lotro Launcher on Win10 under IS so it does work.

Anyway, it would be better to provide a diagnostic... http://isboxer.com/wiki/Diagnostics

p.s. You also don't mention if these are complete OS reinstalls or the uninstall functions provided in Win10.
<<

Icywebs

Post Thu Aug 18, 2016 5:51 pm

Oh! Yes, I reverted using the windows 10 function to go back to windows 7.

Thank you for the rest of the feedback. I am utterly bewildered as it had been working just fine prior to all of that.
<<

Icywebs

Post Sat Aug 20, 2016 2:49 pm

Annnnnd here are the diagnostics for the client.
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Sun Aug 21, 2016 1:53 pm

First, you should try removing the compatibility flag from the game's executable:

Code:
Application Compatibility flags under HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\AppCompatFlags\Layers:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Turbine\The Lord of the Rings Online\lotroclient.exe: HIGHDPIAWARE

To do so, open up the registry editor (Win+R > type in "regedit"), navigate to the HKEY path listed above, and delete all entries associate with lotroclient.exe

If that doesn't fix things, then you can try shutting down the following processes (the list scrolls):

Code:
39. GameScannerService.exe - Process ID: 740 (C:\Program Files (x86)\Razer\Razer Services\GSS\GameScannerService.exe) [Admin:NO] [x86] [1.0.6.2606] [GameScannerService]
56. nvscpapisvr.exe - Process ID: 892 (C:\Program Files (x86)\NVIDIA Corporation\3D Vision\nvscpapisvr.exe) [Admin:NO] [x86] [7.17.13.6881] [NVIDIA Corporation] [Stereo Vision Control Panel API Server]
63. Origin.exe - Process ID: 3940 (C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin\Origin.exe) [Admin:NO] [x86] [9,12,2,60376] [Electronic Arts] [Origin]
64. pidgin.exe - Process ID: 6252 (C:\Program Files (x86)\Pidgin\pidgin.exe) [Admin:NO] [x86] [2.10.12] [The Pidgin developer community] [Pidgin]
65. PowerDVD14Agent.exe - Process ID: 4824 (C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDVD14\PowerDVD14Agent.exe) [Admin:NO] [x86] [14.0.31171.5328] [CyberLink Corp.] [PowerDVD 14]
67. RzOvlMon.exe - Process ID: 2200 (C:\Program Files (x86)\Razer\Core\64bit\rzovlmon.exe) [Admin:NO] [x64] [1.0.1.66] [Razer, Inc.] [Monitor Razer Overlay Driver Service]
68. RzSynapse.exe - Process ID: 4176 (C:\Program Files (x86)\Razer\Synapse\RzSynapse.exe) [Admin:NO] [x86] [1.18.19.25502] [Razer Inc.] [Razer Synapse]
77. Steam.exe - Process ID: 3876 (C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\Steam.exe) [Admin:NO] [x86] [03.57.51.46] [Valve Corporation] [Steam Client Bootstrapper]
78. SteamService.exe - Process ID: 7248 (C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Steam\SteamService.exe) [Admin:NO] [x86] [03.57.51.46] [Valve Corporation] [Steam Client Service]
79. steamwebhelper.exe - Process ID: 4732 (C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\bin\steamwebhelper.exe) [Admin:NO] [x86] [03.57.51.46] [Valve Corporation] [Steam Client WebHelper]

If both of those attempts change nothing, then we'll need another diagnostic showing what is still loading into the game.
<<

Icywebs

Post Sat Aug 27, 2016 12:06 am

I am not sure what you mean by shutting down the processes after deleting the item in registry. Should I remove them?
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Sat Aug 27, 2016 12:12 am

Removing a program every time you wanted to close it would be a bit drastic. Usually you close the running application, and make sure it exits, especially those pesky ones which minimize themselves down to Notification icons, and still run in the background.

It came up after this was posted that perhaps you might only need to disable the Overlay in the Razer software. Could be worth trying that first, before you go down the next steps of closing/exiting applications, or terminating via taskmanager (for those ones which don't have a close/exit option), or even uninstalling those ones which you don't use.
<<

Icywebs

Post Sat Aug 27, 2016 1:10 am

Thank you :) I'll give this a shot!
<<

Icywebs

Post Sat Aug 27, 2016 1:24 am

After working slowly down the list, I restarted the computer and did not restart Pidgin and turned off Origin. I figured out how to turn off the overlay for Razer and have disabled that entirely. I'm not sure which step did it, but it appears to be working now!!

Thank you so very very much for the help!
<<

Icywebs

Post Sat Aug 27, 2016 1:48 am

I lied. I got the first one to open, but couldn't open a second instance. It still fails to finish launching the second instance of it.
Next

Return to Lord of the Rings Online