FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Launcher works but the game doesn't

Moderator: MiRai

<<

zzyxxs

Post Sat May 28, 2016 11:07 am

Launcher works but the game doesn't

I've been able to start multiple instances of the game manually. However, when using ISBoxer/InnerSpace the game window doesn't show up. After trying several times w/ different configurations I looked at the running processes and there were several instances of the launcher and client running.

Killed them all, started the game manually and here's the diagnostics dump.
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Sat May 28, 2016 3:59 pm

Re: Launcher works but the game doesn't

Some things...

1) As always, you should be shutting down all non-essential programs when testing compatibility to avoid conflicts.

2) Ensure Windows is 100% up to date.

3) Try out the 32-bit version of Inner Space--right-click on the IS executable, create a shortcut, add --32-bit at the end of the Target field, apply the changes, and then try to launch the shortcut. (you can look in the Task Manager to see if you're running the 32-bit version of Inner Space)
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Sun May 29, 2016 10:50 pm

MiRai wrote:3) Try out the 32-bit version of Inner Space--right-click on the IS executable, create a shortcut, add --32-bit at the end of the Target field, apply the changes, and then try to launch the shortcut. (you can look in the Task Manager to see if you're running the 32-bit version of Inner Space)

Pretty sure that parameter is -32bit...
http://www.lavishsoft.com/release/inner ... Build+6126

I can see your Nvidia driver is slightly older, but it should be fine, although you could try an update. It is of a similar vintage to what I am running on a machine.

Anyway, LOTRO is a fickle beast, and some people have not managed to get it to launch no matter how lean their installation, or what they are currently running without resorting to a complete format/reinstall of their computer.
Some people have used a little launcher utility (similar to pylotro if you are familiar with that), which stops the turbine crashhandler/reporting process from loading, which seems to work without a reinstall.
<<

zzyxxs

Post Mon May 30, 2016 7:59 am

I've killed most of the processes listed, updated Windows & graphics drivers, reinstalled ISBoxer and InnerSpace and still having the same issue. Not really willing to go into the hassle of reinstalling the game and definitely not reinstalling Windows just to try out multiboxing.

Return to Lord of the Rings Online