FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Tip for testing skill rotations

Moderator: MiRai

<<

ShadowKntSDS

Post Thu Oct 28, 2010 12:04 pm

Tip for testing skill rotations

I was trying to think of a good way to test my skill kep maps and to make sure ym timings were right with my desired skill rotations. The biggest problem I was having is that with all 6 characters, mobs would just explode on trivial content (not giving me enough time to test), but it was hard to ensure survivability when isolating one character on harder content. There is also the problem of caster not getting skills off when getting beat on, as they are expecting a tank. I figured out the best way to test all my DPS cycles was to have my DPS chars spar my guardian. I also made a mapped key that i could use to select who would we get my "Do DPS" keys, so I could isolate one character at a time.

My guardian was more than happy to sit there and take a beating for several minutes straight. Sadly, as I tested, sparring does not increment deeds.
<<

Druanor

Post Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:12 am

Re: Tip for testing skill rotations

ShadowKntSDS

I suspect that (like all the rest of these games) content will get harder the higher the level you attain. I understand that they have toned down the difficulty of this game in the early levels. So it is soloable up to at least lvl 50. I played solo 3 years ago and I remember mobs (sigs and elites) that were much tougher than they are now.

The only recommendation I can make is to try Orange or Red mobs just because they are harder to hit and have more HP's. Not sure what level your guys are but I am thinking of places like the Orc Camp in North Downs or Ost Garanth (sp?) in Lore Lands. I needed Sturdy hides for Tailoring so I went to the East side of North Downs (across the bridge that divides west to est sides) and started laying into anything Red or under (at level 21-22). Great exp, hides, and they don't die on a 2 button rotation. Matter of fact, I learned how to use traps there. Careful cause you get a lot of misses on mobs that are 4-6 levels above you. That will at least give you some time to evaluate your routines. Isn't it amazing that we are actually complaining that mobs die TOO Fast? LOL
<<

ShadowKntSDS

Post Fri Oct 29, 2010 12:12 pm

Now that I'm over lvl 20, I'm going to start running GB.

Still, it's nice to have a target that isn't going to fight back. Some times my dps cycles don't break for a good long while, due to mixing of longish cooldowns (20s/30s/45s/1m/2m).
<<

FuryOfNature

Post Mon Nov 01, 2010 5:56 pm

Great tip! Thanks for posting it.

+rep

Return to Lord of the Rings Online