FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

G11 G-keys in lotro

Moderator: MiRai

<<

ecgric

Post Wed Oct 20, 2010 8:12 pm

G11 G-keys in lotro

Ok so I have a G11 keyboard and I have assigned uses to my 18 G-keys but the problem is G13 through G18 Lotro sees as keys 1-6. Any ideas how to keep lotro from seeing these inputs so I can use the assigned functions I have set to them in ISboxer ? After further testing Lotro also sees G1 -G12 the same as F1 - F12. This actually explains some problems I was having with key maps I had set within ISBoxer. Lotro is getting 2 keystrokes upon button press. For example I have lay trap set to G13 for my hunter. When I push the key it gets the unput from ISBoxer but also registers as #1 which I have Quick Shot set to so it simultaneously tries to do 2 things at once. I want to know how I delete the default key input Lotro is seeing for the G-keys. I have submitted a tech support ticket to Turbine tech support but I have yet to recieve a response. Any ideas Lax ? The in game key mapping shows no way to change the input nor does it even show anything relating to the G-keys.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Thu Oct 21, 2010 1:13 pm

Re: G11 G-keys in lotro

It's not the game. It's the keyboard. :)

Open up the Logitech G-series Profiler, and go to Edit, All Keys, Disable. (If you don't see that just find a way to unassign all the keys) Then close the profiler. This will clear out the default behavior of the G11. Any time you restart your PC or unplug the G11 you will need to run the profiler to clear out the hardware
<<

ecgric

Post Thu Oct 21, 2010 1:32 pm

ok lax but i dont have the profiler installed
<<

ecgric

Post Thu Oct 21, 2010 1:37 pm

so you're saying its a default set up the keyboard has and it has nothing to do with the profiler, but i need to install the profiler so I can disable the default set up.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Fri Oct 22, 2010 1:40 am

Yes, that's exactly what I'm saying. The hardware has factory defaults that kick in any time it is reset (powered up, pc rebooted, etc). Inner Space and ISBoxer don't modify the hardware configuration, but the Logitech software does.

Return to Lord of the Rings Online