FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Fraps Video Capture

Moderator: MiRai

<<

kasmar45

Post Mon Jun 15, 2015 12:35 pm

Fraps Video Capture

Hello, This may not be the right place to ask this question, but I thought I would give it a try in case someone was familiar with Fraps. Fraps is a video capture software that I use to capture my LOTRO sessions. My problem is, Fraps only captures the main isboxer screen.. I could live with that if that was the only problem. The other thing that it does is it never shows the second screen, even when I switch to it, Fraps continues to capture the first screen. If anybody has experience with this and knows why it does that, I would thankful for the answer. If not... thanks for listening :) :) I am going to submit an incident with Fraps, but I am afraid they will not have any knowledge of how IS BOXER works.

Thanks
Kasmar45
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Mon Jun 15, 2015 2:39 pm

Re: Fraps Video Capture

For any recording program, including FRAPS, you need to capture the desktop itself if you want to capture everything. In order for FRAPS to do this you will need to have Windows Aero enabled, enable the Monitor Aero Desktop (DWM) setting in FRAPS, and begin recording before you launch any of your game clients.

To add to this, FRAPS is over 2 years out of date, and if you're using anything besides Windows 7 I do not believe that desktop capture works anymore.
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Mon Jun 15, 2015 2:42 pm

Re: Fraps Video Capture

If you set fraps to record a game, then it records that game window. When you swap the game window itself is moving locations; the instance of the game doesn't change, so it goes on recording the window you specified.

If you want it to record the Active window, then you will probably need to get it to record a Monitor/the desktop/Windows DWM, and provided you have swapping enabled then when the second game swaps to the active slot, then it will record the new slot, because it is recording the monitor or a part of it.

If selecting the Windows DWM (Aero Desktop I think is the correct setting), it may be like OBS, and only record the primary monitor.

pipped at the post.. submitted anyway..

Return to Lord of the Rings Online