FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

multiple char logins (per the video Joe did)

Moderator: MiRai

<<

kasmar45

Post Thu Jun 11, 2015 6:41 pm

multiple char logins (per the video Joe did)

Hi, I tried to follow the video that Joe did on Lord of the Rings Online.. In that video he logs in 4 chars. When I try to do that I can get two chars logged in. (I have two accounts) and the third char causes me to get an error.. One of my instances shuts down with the error that I am trying to login the same account a second time. Does Joe have 4 lotro accounts, or am I missing something. I have the run multi. instances check box checked.. But I believe that just allows you to login more than one instance from separate accounts. Is there maybe a run parameter that I am missing ???
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Thu Jun 11, 2015 6:48 pm

Re: multiple char logins (per the video Joe did)

You need 1 account per character you will play at the same time. 4 chars = 4 accounts.
<<

kasmar45

Post Thu Jun 11, 2015 7:02 pm

Yes, I understand that. So , what you are saying then... Is Joe Thayler has 4 lotro accounts ???? Because in his video he does not mention that and it appears that he is creating these chars and loading all off of one account.
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Thu Jun 11, 2015 7:14 pm

Actually, in his video he loads 5 characters from 5 accounts. There is no mention in the video of the number of accounts, nor does he say that he is loading off a single account. In fact, the point where he does actually log in, there is an edit in the video.

But if it helps to repeat this again. You need 1 account for every character that you want to play simultaneously. If you want to play a team of 4, you need 4 accounts. To play a team of 6, you need 6 accounts. To play a team of 24, you need 24 accounts. It is a game limitation, like most MMO's, that you cannot have 2 characters on a single account active at the same time. ISBoxer does not allow you to get around this game limitation because it is enforced on Turbines servers, not the game client.
Even if you could get around it, I doubt ISBoxer would allow you to because ISBoxer is designed to adhere to game TOS and EULA as much as possible, and hacking your way around limitations tends to be frowned upon.
<<

kasmar45

Post Thu Jun 11, 2015 9:25 pm

thank you much. I just wanted to be sure that I had not missed anything. :) :)

Return to Lord of the Rings Online