FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

How do I launch 5 instances from 1 install folder

Moderator: MiRai

<<

mickslane

Post Tue Oct 19, 2010 11:58 am

How do I launch 5 instances from 1 install folder

Im trying to play LOTRO but it just launches one game then no others even though i have 5 screens on the layout on the profile.

Can anyone walk me through this?

Thanks
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Tue Oct 19, 2010 2:41 pm

Re: How do I launch 5 instances from 1 install folder

<<

trushot

Post Wed Dec 15, 2010 6:17 am

hey Lax

if i wish to be able to run with main in full DX11 am I stuck with 6 installs or to run inner space at all i have to have all on DX 9 ?...

if i can run my main with DX 11 and slaves on DX 9 which do you think would be better - 1.) 6 x 64 gig SSD's with one install each or one big SSD to fit them all on ?

are there pros and cons to each or does it even matter?

OR to get DX 11 on main and still use inner space will i need to run main on its own PC ? and the 5 slaves on the other ?
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Wed Dec 15, 2010 3:01 pm

if i wish to be able to run with main in full DX11 am I stuck with 6 installs or to run inner space at all i have to have all on DX 9 ?...

No.. that guide says DX9 because it's from before the DX11 support was added to Inner Space. The only difference for DX11 is that, currently, you need to be on the development build of Inner Space because the DX11 support has not been pushed to the live build. There is absolutely no difference between them as far as using multiple or single folders, and if you can run one in DX11 mode you might as well run them all in DX11 mode.

If you want to run DX11, follow the instructions here to switch to the dev build: http://isboxer.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=774
Then just switch the game to DirectX11 instead of DirectX9.

DirectX10 is NOT currently supported.

Return to Lord of the Rings Online